Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League Fixtures?

Creates that enourmous anticipation of which team closest to London is going to get Stony Stratford away on a Tuesday night in December!

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Creates that enourmous anticipation of which team closest to London is going to get Stony Stratford away on a Tuesday night in December!

I live in Stony - think of the travelling I get to do! Especially now the league have kindly increased the number of sides in the league and we can guarantee a mid week fixture most weeks now.

Over 8 hours with no inevitable comment...something is seriously wrong.

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup
why are you guys still in the dark ages and have monthly fixtures???

Feck me he's off again giving all Charlie Big Potatoes, when Rumford were in the ESL it was easy to work out the seasons fixtures when there's only about 6 teams in it.
I'm sure the SSML blazers have got it all under control.

Coup - That's what makes the SSML stand out from all the rest, I repeat, for the umpteenth time, what's the point of knowing in July who you are playing at the end of April.

So it's UU who's Zante and loosely who's the other one!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I repeat, for the umpteenth time, what's the point of knowing in July who you are playing at the end of April.

and for the umpteenth time, what dont you get about clubs needing to know when they can hire their facilities out for much needed revenue?

Originally Posted By: Horace

Does that mean me and the missus can kiss goodbye to our Greek meal

Coup - That's what makes the SSML stand out from all the rest, I repeat, for the umpteenth time, what's the point of knowing in July who you are playing at the end of April.

good to see you haven't let everyone down. Now if you can just tell us what happened to your hat.

Does that mean me and the missus can kiss goodbye to our Greek meal

Hope you haven't promised her a night out!

... and you know where I stand on monthly v. season fixtures.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Last year I got them on 16th July, but wasn't allowed to put them on Mitoo 'til a few days after I think.

Quite right too!

I think releasing the fixtures 3 weeks before the season starts keeps the fans excited, and shows the benefit of ground grading.
Most clubs will have their biggest crowd of the season, and im sure if they hadnt spent thousands on railed walkways to those lovely covered, shiny seats, there would be pandemonium as the fans arrive in their droves.
Without ground grading, everywhere except Tolkyngton Manor would have sold out of programmes, running battles with police would ensue, due to the amount of fans locked out, and poor old St Johns men would be frantically calling for their little first aid boxes to be replenished.
Thanks to ground grading there is now room for everyone.....
I can just hear the clicking of those newly installed turnstiles now.

Sorry Horace, you got me wrong. I'm just an average footy fan who takes an interest in his local teams & league.
BTW Cliffy Baby, the offer still stands for you & your good lady. Can't do this weekend as I myself will be away with Mrs P & tetchy old Samos will be holding the fort.