Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matt....

Mostly because the ones I have watched recently I've seen before so don't include them.

Secondly, this time of year it's absolute [****!!****] out in the cinema at the end of the Blockbuster season. Have you seen the TV Spots for Imagine That?! bigcry

Got plenty to look forward to, just certain times of the year, (March-May and August-October) they release all the mainstream crap that wouldn't have performed well during the Blockbuster/Festive seasons - Best time to track down a great little independent/foreign film to watch, if you can find where it's being shown.

Will most likely see Inglourious Basterds and probably The Final Destination this month. I'm intrigued to see Dorian Gray next month too.

Haven't seen it myself, but have been told the new GI Joe film is bloody awful.

Saw it the day it came out, thought Michael Bay was up to his usual tricks and whilst the first one was good, he ruined the second by putting in all that crude comedy - Just like how he ruined Bad Boys. First one was brilliant, second was just trying to hard to be funny.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
Saw it the day it came out, thought Michael Bay was up to his usual tricks and whilst the first one was good, he ruined the second by putting in all that crude comedy - Just like how he ruined Bad Boys. First one was brilliant, second was just trying to hard to be funny.

I thought it succeeded in being funny... smile

Of course some bits were very funny and Shia is a genius, but it seemed to me as if the focus was taken away from these big robots blowing the crap out of each other.

Did anyone find it about twenty minutes too long?

I've just signed up to Love Film (which you can do at www.buy.at/canveyislandfc wink ), and am busy watching my way through lots of films I haven't seen before. Watched Sweeney Todd on Friday, very odd indeed! Didn't really do it for me, a pretty lame musical mixed in with graphic throat slashing scenes - how odd!

However, I watched Cloverfield last night which I really enjoyed. Never seen a film approached in that way before since the Blair Witch. Well worth a watch in my opinion.

I use LoveFilm to watch TV series back to back without having to buy the box-sets - Have done this with House MD, Fawlty Towers and currently the X-Files. Also if you already own lots of DVDs, it's a good way to check out the Blu-Ray versions of films you already own to see how improved the quality is without having to buy it.

As for Sweeney Todd, it's a bit weird in that they hired a load of actors who can't sing to perform a musical version. However if you're a fan of Tim Burton, (like me!) then it's an essential addition to his works - Really looking forward to his take on Alice in Wonderland next year.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
Of course some bits were very funny and Shia is a genius, but it seemed to me as if the focus was taken away from these big robots blowing the crap out of each other.

Did anyone find it about twenty minutes too long?

Yeah, I was very much looking forward to the credits at that point smile

there are quite a few good films about at the moment,

500 days of summer is quite fun,

G-Force is great,

inglorias basterds is almost back to good quintin but is a bit to long,

the time travellers wife is OK but not as good as id hoped

but the film of the moment is Moon. it is amazing and by far the best film of the year so far (even in a year with a good star trek movie)

i just watched Dear Zachery and that is genuinely one of the most well made documentries to come out in a long time.

next film to look forward to - district 9

I've been umming and arring about Time Traveller's Wife, I haven't seen it yet as I've been under the impression that it follows the same kind of storyline as The Lake House. Yet something tells me I should see it.

its a little bit more intersting than the lake house. it just suffers from being over the top romantic. shot fantasically and the cinimatography is great. does drag on a bit though and they assume everyone is an idiot and explane the story every step of the way. but all in all a pretty good film. 6/10

Originally Posted By: ken
they assume everyone is an idiot and explane the story every step of the way

Made for the American audience then!?

Come on people own up, what's the worst film you've spent your money on either DVD or cinema?! Mine has to be Thirteen Days with Kevin Costner, admittedly I was probably too young to understand it when it came out at the cinema but it just seemed too long and boring. Second comes Oliver Stone's JFK but then again for the same reasons. Would probably give both another chance nowadays.

When I used to work at the Odeon in Southend, we had a showing of Cellular which had a grand total of 0 customers - The film was shown for a grand total of five days, (Friday-Tuesday) and within those five days a total of about 25 people came to see the film.