Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island Vs Bognor Regis Town

Matt H

Predictitons people? I'm thinking 2-0 to Canvey.

Bognor are newly relegated from the Conference South last season and are yet to record any goals/points on the board this season.

After last Tuesday's fight-back the players should be buzzing, but hopefully we will go into this game with the right attitude as although Bognor lost on Tuesday, their forum suggests their performance was positive against one of the title favourites, Carshalton.

By my recogning it's been over 10 years since we've played Bognor, so I can't actually find any reports from our old site to publish here!

I believe we last played Bognor in the season we won the Ryman Prem league to reach the Conf (03/04) - seem to remember it was a very wet midweek 0-0 at their place towards the end of the season (think we wore day-glow orange for some reason). Agree re approach to this game, just because they've lost two games and haven't scored doesn't mean they will be a pushover. They are a mostly young side put together over the summer - however they will be missing a few key players on Sat which won't help their cause.

I stand corrected, we did play them the season we won the Ryman Premier. Nice-one Exile, this time Google was not my friend! grin

Home game we won 3-1, Away game was 0-0 - No reports for those games back then though! frown

Canvey 3-1 Bognor

Att: 354.

FULL-TIME: CANVEY ISLAND 0-0 BOGNOR REGIS TOWN

What do we think?

I've been asked to submit my report to the NLP, so I might copy and paste that on here later. Glen tells me the word count is only 220!

Personally, I think we had ample opportunity to win it in the second half, both Rowe and Curran should've notched one each at least. Bognor were very weak in front of goal, can see why they haven't scored in 270 minutes of football!

Sutton United Tuesday is going to be tough!

Tuesday will be a really strong test. We had lots of chances today and I get the feeling if we had got one then we would have got 3 or 4. Bit gutted we didn't score but at least it was another clean sheet our defence is improving with each game.

Roll on Tuesday!!!

Our defence looked good today but they really frustrated us and kept our forwards quiet for the most part until the last 20 minutes.

Jay should have buried that one near the end and their keeper made a tremendous save from Rowe.

Really thought Jay had scored with that specualtive volley that hit the side netting.

Thought Greg Cohen had a decent game and all our defence were very good.

Guest MOB on the rock

Their keeper saved them!!

Westy was class!

Cohen played some quality stuff!!

Our defence stood up well!

Actually this was a good game to watch but a horror if you wanted a win.

Guest MOB on the rock
Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Our defence looked good today but they really frustrated us and kept our forwards quiet for the most part until the last 20 minutes.

Jay should have buried that one near the end and their keeper made a tremendous save from Rowe.

As a striker you have got to hit the target and see what the keeper can do. The one thing our boys did today was hit the target, shame really another day we would have hit a few, cant complain about our boys effort infront of goal!!

I gave 'Star Player' rating in my NLP report to their 'Keeper purely for the double effort to keep out Rowe's two chances in the dying minutes. He really earned the point for Bognor today!

Guest MOB on the rock

Their keeper was very good, he was a good shot stopper............. he never shut up, what a big mouth, he earned them the draw by organising the boys in front of him!!!