Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ground improvements

VPCTFC

What's the latest on floodlights and grounds fellas?

It's rumoured that the FA may enforce the G grade for step 6 sides for the start of next season which means, amongst other things, floodlights will be mandatory.

So - at the moment we have 11 sides without lights. Anything to add on my thoughts & other stuff I've heard?

Bedfont Sports (I've heard they were getting them sometime in October?)

CB Hounslow

Chobham (in my view they haven't got a hope of getting planning permission for anything at their current ground)

Coulsdon United

Crescent Rovers

Eversley (I presume floodlights are the next thing on their list)

Farleigh Rovers

Knaphill (Just got planning permission so should be up shortly)

Sheerwater (Can put them up them but need funding?)

Staines Lammas (Planning refused? - groundshare with Ashford?)

Worcester Park (website says - 'in the not too distant future')

The other thing is - will there be relegation from div 1 this season to the Surrey Elite or Middlesex League. We're only one team short of a full compliment so all it needs is two teams to come up and one's going down. Question is - who can come up? I know nothing about the Middlesex League but, in the Surrey Elite I've heard Epsom Eagles may have plans to move to a ground with lights. The other likely candidate is Battersea Ironsides. I've not been to their ground but are they likely to be able to put up lights? Any likely candidates from Middlesex?

Finally - re. groundshares. Does Badshot Lea's agreement with Farnborough run out at the end of the season?

And I read a few months back that Feltham are hoping to be back at the Arena soon. Possibly youth and reserves sometime this season, first team next season. What's the latest?

So many questions but I've only just signed up here so I'm getting it all out in one go. Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere - I don't read every post on here.

just to add to that Westfields new clubhouse is due to start being built at the end of the season and will see the pitch and lights move across. Bit of a shame as all the trees which give the ground it's charachter will have to come down

Not being funny or anything but how could/would Worcester Park install lights on a cricket ground?

Hearing all sorts of things re Banstead, Epsom & Ewell and possibly another club re Merland Rise!

Don't think Battersea Ironsides can put lights in but they are keen on promotion and are "window shopping"!

Ooh and some merger talks ongoing too!!! :451:

All in all this is DEFINITELY an :255:

Chertsey need to invest in a bigger hot water tank!

WHAT ???

.... and cut back on the players 'perks' ???

:bolt:

Not being funny or anything but how could/would Worcester Park install lights on a cricket ground?

Hearing all sorts of things re Banstead, Epsom & Ewell and possibly another club re Merland Rise!

Don't think Battersea Ironsides can put lights in but they are keen on promotion and are "window shopping"!

Ooh and some merger talks ongoing too!!! 451.gif

All in all this is DEFINITELY an 255.gif

Theres some odd talk in the Woolpack Pub of Banstead Athletic merging with Epsom Eagles FC there in the Surrey Elite Leauge,

(Not to be confused with Epsom & Ewell FC).

I also understand the following to have some truth!

Sheerwater; Lights approved, but pitch too small. Lights won't be funded if CCL decide not to keep playing on undersized pitch.

Chobham; Cannot see lights or any grading requirements being supported. Also does anyone know why the Chobham Reserves games was abandoned after 62 mins with Chobham 5-2 up on Saturday?

Chertsey need to invest in a bigger hot water tank!

Or just get Mr day to talk to it ....All that hot air would keep it warm for years........

Please note little d in day...............

• 3 weeks later...

It is now rummered at the Woolpack that Banstead Athletic are to merge with Epsom Eagles and to drop down to the Surrey Elite under the name Epsom & Banstead Eagles FC.

Don't take this as gospal.

Mr Wilks will be turning in his grave! :451:

Sorry to be pedantic, but shouldn't that be GOSPEL ?

:bolt:

It is now rummered at the Woolpack that Banstead Athletic are to merge with Epsom Eagles and to drop down to the Surrey Elite under the name Epsom & Banstead Eagles FC.

Don't take this as gospal.

I must have missed this conversation on Emmerdale last night whilst I made ta pot of tea, I thought they were arguing over Seth's death again. It's amazing the diverse topics they cover. Maybe the intrest stems from Emmerdale village FC drawing Hanworth Villa in this years FA Cup extra prelim.