Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 8th December Matches

progedit

How did the pitch hold up Spencer as we have a game on it tonight??

Apologies for the late reply, pitch was fine when we started, its always firm, we left it in a bit of a mess but im sure ure guys done it up all nice for ya.

Ash 0-6 Badhot lea and Ash 1-7 AFC Wimbledon

Shipping some goals there i think!

Yeah we have let some goals in but in between went unbeaten for a very long time & if im right your lot failed to find the net against us

Quite late for landing a big catch there JJ - nice one :)

Just had a bad day all round yesterday & reading Johno's reply made me bit......shame on me

With Cobham sharing with MVSCR, the pitch is doing well there.

Matches Tuesday, Wednesday and tonight (v our under 18's). ALL ON.

We did a lot of pitch drainage work at CWUFC in the summer but we still have a couple of problem areas.

When we are wet, it doesn't help the way we try to play and despite the dry spell now we are still a doubt for Saturday due to the high water table in the area.

I have the match programme ready to print and I am awaiting the nod tomorrow.

We do our best with limited funds and we hope to do more work on the pitch and ground next summer.

The pitch has a good grass covering and has been superb this season but not many clubs can take nearly 2 months of non-stop rain.

Higher standard clubs than us have problems as well.

I hope severe frosts are not the next problem for us all ! :gotcha:

I think the first goal was scored within the opening 5 minutes Smashie. 16 year old Jack Turner was goalie, he is a great prospect albeit he's on the small side.

HI TRS, DID YOU GO TO WATCH THE GAME AND VIDEO IT? WITH 8 GAOLS, IT WOULD BE GOOD WATCHING AND WAS THE CLASS BETWEEN THE TWO SIDES AS BIG AS THE RESULT SUGGESTS ? JAKE PERHAPS YOU CAN REVEAL MORE ON THE GAME ?

HI POSTIE, JAKE F CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AGAINST AFC WIMBLEDON. ASH ARE ON A GOOD RUN AND COULD BE SURPRISE CONTENDERS FOR THE LEAGUE ALTHO' POSSIBLEY JUST MISSING OUT, AT THE MOMENT THAT IS. I CAN ONLY ASSUME THEY HAD A FEW 1ST TEAMERS, SQUAD AND RESERVES BUT 6 GOAL BETTER, WAS THE DIFFERENCE THAT MUCH ?

I think the first goal was scored within the opening 5 minutes Smashie. 16 year old Jack Turner was goalie, he is a great prospect albeit he's on the small side.

HI TRS, DID YOU GO TO WATCH THE GAME AND VIDEO IT? WITH 8 GAOLS, IT WOULD BE GOOD WATCHING AND WAS THE CLASS BETWEEN THE TWO SIDES AS BIG AS THE RESULT SUGGESTS ? JAKE PERHAPS YOU CAN REVEAL MORE ON THE GAME ?

HI POSTIE, JAKE F CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AGAINST AFC WIMBLEDON. ASH ARE ON A GOOD RUN AND COULD BE SURPRISE CONTENDERS FOR THE LEAGUE ALTHO' POSSIBLEY JUST MISSING OUT, AT THE MOMENT THAT IS. I CAN ONLY ASSUME THEY HAD A FEW 1ST TEAMERS, SQUAD AND RESERVES BUT 6 GOAL BETTER, WAS THE DIFFERENCE THAT MUCH ?

Attendance 296.... not bad with such a poor night for standing outside watching football.

Wimbledon started brightly & got a couple goals up early on before Ross Millard pulled a goal back with a 30yrd screamer but this goal just seem to spark Wimbledon into life. Being 3-1 down at half & putting in a good show, however Wimbledon stepped up a gear & with 20minutes of the 2nd half they were 6-1 up with some clinical finishing. I thought we did ok on a very heavy pitch with Wimbledon starting with at least 8 1st regulars, but in the end the gap was just too big.

We've been on a good run but all runs come to an end, just not sparked as well as we can over the last couple off games, but hopefully get back on the winning trail this weekend

I thought we did ok on a very heavy pitch with Wimbledon starting with at least 8 1st regulars, but in the end the gap was just too big.

We've been on a good run but all runs come to an end, just not sparked as well as we can over the last couple off games, but hopefully get back on the winning trail this weekend

Although it is worth pointing out that none of the starting XI against Ash were in the starting XI for the Gateshead game last Saturday. We usually mess up in these games with a similar line-up so perhaps the strength in depth is better this year.