Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games Wednesday 27th Jan

Teflon

Egham deserved their win last night on another heavy pitch.

We gave it a good go but Pearcey was unbeatable all night.

Not a bad side Egham and I still say we need better pitches to see what we can really do.

NGU Saturday then Bookham on Tuesday followed by Dorking.

Our reserves Suburban League Cup game v Chessington is ON tonight at Wibbandune.

(Winners away to Chipstead).

Edited by Chris Clapham

anyone know how Knaphill got on? i'm assumuming they lost as the world and dog would have known by now had they won

Just For You NLN :wtf:

Cup Run Come To An End

Metropolitan Police Reserves 6 vs 2 Knaphill

Knaphill’s run in the Surrey Premier Cup came to an end when they were beaten by the holders Met.Police at Imber Court on Wednesday night. Despite plenty of effort and good overall work rate, Knaphill were blitzed by an eight minute spell of three goals in the first half and three more in the second.

But this quarter final tie opened at a fast pace with the best football coming from Knaphill in the first 20 minutes with creativity and some good passing of the ball as they pressed for an opening goal. An early chance fell to Ricky Hogsden who drilled his effort just wide of the far post, and a Matt Baker shot wide of the near post, as Knaphill were looking sharper to the ball than their opponents.

Keeper Richard Shelley was brought into action after 23 minutes when Williams volley was tipped over the bar, then soon after the home side missed a good clearer opportunity to open the scoring. As the half progressed Knaphill were not able to pose the all important finishing touch on goal, despite their good work in the orchestration of constructing their moves..

The Police took the lead after 37 minutes when Cobden, on a quick break down the left, cut into the 6 yard box to fire home. Two minutes later Dexter’s 25 yard effort made it 2-0. The home side had now stepped up a gear, whilst Knaphill were losing some of their early momentum. Shortly before halftime, Baker netted for Knaphill, which look to be a good well taken goal, apart from the linesman who adjudged him offside. Then in the 45th minute, Met.Police increased their lead through Cuthbert. But there was still time for Knaphill to pull one back, which they did in first half stoppage time when Craig Parrington fired in a cracking shot from almost 30 yards which zipped past the keeper.

In the second half the home side made it 4-1 after 55 minutes with a diving header from Dexter, and they grabbed a tighter control on the game when they scored a fifth three minutes later through substitute Read. With Parrington having score the best goal of the night in the first half, Baker netted the second best strike in the 69th minute. After Tom Davis free kick from 20 yards cannoned off the crossbar, the ball was only partially cleared, and Baker struck well for Knaphill’s second. The Cup holders however, had the final say of the night with a sixth goal in the 89th minute for a final 6-2 scoreline and their passage into the semi-finals.

Team: Shelley, Harvey(Branch), Miles, Greene, Burns, Fox(Murrells), Darnell, Parrington(Edwards), Davis, Hogsden, Baker

Subs Not Used: Tomlinson, Gamble

Scorers: Parrington 45+1mins, Baker 69mins

Bookham 1-3 Croydon

Hmmm that did not go to plan, arrive late as my son had footie training to find out Bookham 1 up with a screamer of a goal & had chances to extend there lead but Croydon also had chances to equalise as they cam more into the game as the 1st half went on. H/T 1-0

Good end to end stuff in the second half with Bookham having 2 good 1 on 1 chances both saved by the keeper & a couple of other good chances not taken or blocked /saved to kill the game off. Croydon where becoming more and more dangerous & the home keeper had to make a few decent stops, so it was no surprise when the Croydon no 9 (Junior) held off the challenge of 3 players to score a deserved equaliser, 2 more quick goals within 10 mins for the visitor won the game for them.

Disappointing defeat in a game Bookham had the chances to win, proved they can compete and create the chances to win, just got to work harder, cut out the errors, take the chances and the points will come..........easy isn't it !!!!!!

Blimey! 2 wins on the trot, 1st away win of the season, and a 100% record in 2010! Victory at Molesey on Saturday, and surely the Manager of the Month award is Dickson's ...... which would then ensure we lose every game in February and put ourselves back into the relegation battle! I know how these things work ;)

Good luck Teffs and Bookham for the rest of the season. Sounded like a decent performance from yourselves last night.

WELL DONE PT CONDOLENCES TEFFS PT LOOKED UP THE MOLES THEY ARE ON A ROLL AT THE MOMENT WHICH SEEMS TO COINCIDE WITH THEIR PERFORMANCES I WITNESSED PRE-SEASON. IF THEY DIDNT HAVE A BAD START TO THE CAMPAIGN, I TRULY THINK THEY WOULD BE IN THE MIX BUT AS I SAID ON AN EARLIER THREAD, I THINK THEY & EGHAM MAY HAVE LEFT IT TOO LATE, BUT ITS A STRANGE OLD SEASON.

THINK PT YOU'LL HAVE TO BE AT YOUR BEST ON SATURDAY TO GET A RESULT, BUT ALSO SEE FROM YOUR WEBSITE THAT YOU'RE ON A GOOD RUN AS WELL SO IT COULD BE VERY INTERESTING. AGAIN FROM YOUR WEBSITE AND REPORT ABOVE, IS JUNIOR GYIMAH A NEW STRIKER (ASSUME STRIKER BEING NO. 9) SEE HE SCORED (2) SPECTACTULAR GOALS AGAINST ASH IN YOUR LAST GAME ? DON'T RECOGNISE HIS NAME WHEN I LAST SAW YOU

Egham deserved their win last night on another heavy pitch.

We gave it a good go but Pearcey was unbeatable all night.

Not a bad side Egham and I still say we need better pitches to see what we can really do.

NGU Saturday then Bookham on Tuesday followed by Dorking.

Our reserves Suburban League Cup game v Chessington is ON tonight at Wibbandune.

(Winners away to Chipstead).

Pearcey said the pitch was heavy,his calfs are giving him major grief today, I told him to give now he's a fat old man but loves buzz and banter.he did say you were a small side but on a good pitch you will hit teams on the break.he were happy that you still get away with them portocabins as changing rooms;)

anyone know how Knaphill got on? i'm assumuming they lost as the world and dog would have known by now had they won

Just For You NLN :wtf:

Cup Run Come To An End

Metropolitan Police Reserves 6 vs 2 Knaphill

Knaphill’s run in the Surrey Premier Cup came to an end when they were beaten by the holders Met.Police at Imber Court on Wednesday night. Despite plenty of effort and good overall work rate, Knaphill were blitzed by an eight minute spell of three goals in the first half and three more in the second.

But this quarter final tie opened at a fast pace with the best football coming from Knaphill in the first 20 minutes with creativity and some good passing of the ball as they pressed for an opening goal. An early chance fell to Ricky Hogsden who drilled his effort just wide of the far post, and a Matt Baker shot wide of the near post, as Knaphill were looking sharper to the ball than their opponents.

Scorers: Parrington 45+1mins, Baker 69mins

If they are the reserves, are they all Special cuntstables ?

:futbolbud2:

:bolt:

[WELL DONE PT CONDOLENCES TEFFS PT LOOKED UP THE MOLES THEY ARE ON A ROLL AT THE MOMENT WHICH SEEMS TO COINCIDE WITH THEIR PERFORMANCES I WITNESSED PRE-SEASON. IF THEY DIDNT HAVE A BAD START TO THE CAMPAIGN, I TRULY THINK THEY WOULD BE IN THE MIX BUT AS I SAID ON AN EARLIER THREAD, I THINK THEY & EGHAM MAY HAVE LEFT IT TOO LATE, BUT ITS A STRANGE OLD SEASON.

THINK PT YOU'LL HAVE TO BE AT YOUR BEST ON SATURDAY TO GET A RESULT, BUT ALSO SEE FROM YOUR WEBSITE THAT YOU'RE ON A GOOD RUN AS WELL SO IT COULD BE VERY INTERESTING. AGAIN FROM YOUR WEBSITE AND REPORT ABOVE, IS JUNIOR GYIMAH A NEW STRIKER (ASSUME STRIKER BEING NO. 9) SEE HE SCORED (2) SPECTACTULAR GOALS AGAINST ASH IN YOUR LAST GAME ? DON'T RECOGNISE HIS NAME WHEN I LAST SAW YOU

2 wins on the trot is certainly our best run all season! I'm happy with 6 points already this week. If we get anything on Molesey on Saturday, that's a bonus.

When did you last see us? Bear in mind that the first 3 games I saw this season (one in August, 1 in September, 1 in October), I saw 34 diferrent players for Croydon! So if you saw us then, thats why you wouldn't recognise the current team. Bit more settled since October, although still a few new players that I haven't seen yet.

Junior Gyimah joined us In October. Not sure from whom, but I'm pretty sure he's played for Dorking in the past. He loooked very good in the one game I saw him. From the regulars, I gather he blows hot and cold, but on his day, he is a real handful. He disappeared for a while at the end of last year, but I'm happy to see he's back again and scoring goals.

Are you going on Saturday? I may make it, but probably not.

[WELL DONE PT CONDOLENCES TEFFS PT LOOKED UP THE MOLES THEY ARE ON A ROLL AT THE MOMENT WHICH SEEMS TO COINCIDE WITH THEIR PERFORMANCES I WITNESSED PRE-SEASON. IF THEY DIDNT HAVE A BAD START TO THE CAMPAIGN, I TRULY THINK THEY WOULD BE IN THE MIX BUT AS I SAID ON AN EARLIER THREAD, I THINK THEY & EGHAM MAY HAVE LEFT IT TOO LATE, BUT ITS A STRANGE OLD SEASON.

2 wins on the trot is certainly our best run all season! I'm happy with 6 points already this week. If we get anything on Molesey on Saturday, that's a bonus.

When did you last see us? Bear in mind that the first 3 games I saw this season (one in August, 1 in September, 1 in October), I saw 34 diferrent players for Croydon! So if you saw us then, thats why you wouldn't recognise the current team. Bit more settled since October, although still a few new players that I haven't seen yet.

Junior Gyimah joined us In October. Not sure from whom, but I'm pretty sure he's played for Dorking in the past. He loooked very good in the one game I saw him. From the regulars, I gather he blows hot and cold, but on his day, he is a real handful. He disappeared for a while at the end of last year, but I'm happy to see he's back again and scoring goals.

Are you going on Saturday? I may make it, but probably not.

THANKS PT

WHAT 34 PLAYERS THAT 3 TEAMS !!!

LAST TIME I SAW THE TRAMS WAS BACK IN DECEMBER I THINK AT CHERTSEY THE TRAMS LOSING 4-0

I THOUGHT I RECOGNISED HIS NAME, DID HE COME WITH DANNY CLAYTON AND PHIL PAGE FROM DORKING WHO RECENTLY JOINED CROYDON ?

NOT SURE YET PT WHERE I'M GOING, WHICH I AM SURE WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE WEATHER AND POSSIBLE POSTPONEMENTS.... HERE WE GO AGAIN !

THANKS PT

WHAT 34 PLAYERS THAT 3 TEAMS !!!

LAST TIME I SAW THE TRAMS WAS BACK IN DECEMBER I THINK AT CHERTSEY THE TRAMS LOSING 4-0

I THOUGHT I RECOGNISED HIS NAME, DID HE COME WITH DANNY CLAYTON AND PHIL PAGE FROM DORKING WHO RECENTLY JOINED CROYDON ?

NOT SURE YET PT WHERE I'M GOING, WHICH I AM SURE WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE WEATHER AND POSSIBLE POSTPONEMENTS.... HERE WE GO AGAIN !

Yes, the Chertsey game coincided with Junior's temporary disappearance. I don't know if they all came at the same time. Phil Page's name has been missing from this week's teamsheets (and possibly the last few games of 2009), but Danny Clayton is certainly still with us - he scored the 2nd goal on Tuesday.

Got to admit the weather forecast of 3 degrees and a strong northerly wind isn't exactly tempting me!