Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 27 feb

OH MY DEAR BRUNTY, SORT THAT RIGHT FOOT OUT ! A SITTER............... YOU DON'T NEED THAT ON FILM TO BE REMEMBERED BY ESPECIALLY WITH JJ WATCHING (I PRESUME ?)

BY THE WAY TRS ANOTHER EXCELLENT COVERAGE.

FROM ONLY WATCHING THE FOOTAGE I THOUGHT THAT CROYDON WERE A TADGE LUCKY TO COME AWAY LOSING, I THOUGHT CROYDONS NO. 9 - SMUDGE WHO IS HE ? - CAUSED HH DEFENCE ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS AND COULD HAVE GOT A HAT-TRICK.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH TRS BOTH DEFENCES LOOKED VERY SUSPECT THAT WHY THERE COULD HAVE BEEN MORE GOALS BUT FOR THE POOR FINISHING, BUT ALL-IN-ALL IT LOOKED A GOOD GAME TO WATCH.

I know. Thanks TRS lol. Why couldn't u have been there on Tuesday against WF. If I'd know TRS was there I'd have taken a touch. Glad we won and that miss didn't cost us. Nice bunch of lads over there in Croydon the game wad played in good spirit and both teams were having a chat afterwards we all stayed in there bar for a while and were very well looked after especially Smudge - he brought me a drink - got to save te pennies to get my gold membership.

DON'T WORRY BRUNTY IT WILL ONLY HAUNT YOU FOR A FEW WEEKS !

WAS ROACHY YOUR NO. 9 OR SPENCE ? IF SO, YOU CAN GET YOU OWN BACK WHEN HE MISSED HIS 1-ON-1 JUST BEFORE YOUR GREAT STRIKE !

DID SPENCE SCORE BOTH GOALS ? OR 1 EACH FOR ROACH & SPENCE ?

Edited by NICE GUY

Camberley 1 Guildford 0, Feisty game with a 54 minute second half.

VPCTFC YOUR AN HONEST CHAPPY, WHAT WAS YOUR OPINION ON THE GAME, WHICH WAS DECIDED BY FINNY'S PEN DUBIOUS ? IT LOOKED IT FROM WHERE I WAS.

WHAT WAS THE AFTERMATH GOING ON ? SOME TACKLES GOING IN WHICH WASN'T THAT WELL OFFICIATED IN MY OPINION, BUT 3 POINTS NONE THE LESS, WHICH STILL KEEP PRESSURE ON NGU, BUT NO DOUBT CHERTSEY WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED TO READ THE RESULT ?

I can't comment on the first half Nicey. Our vice-chairman has injured his hand so was unable to do the raffle yesterday. Of course, none of the other committee people stepped forward so I did it. Because of that I didn't see the challenge for the penalty nor much else of the first half.

I managed to watch most of the second half. I can only assume Guildford have come into some money as they've got some good players - although they have got one of those goalies who insists on telling the ref his job all the time. How can a goalie expect to be taken seriously when he's appealing for corners etc. 120 yards away?

Camberley aren't afraid to moan and whinge but, for the second time in a few weeks, we were well outclassed on that front yesterday.

I thought the ref was poor and I haven't got a clue where he found nine and a half minutes of added on time in the second half.

Good turnout from the Sweeney and their inflatable 'Willy'.

I'm happy we ground out the win. At the moment points are far more important than style. If we can get on a run again then it'll be interesting. We're at Sandhurst on Tuesday and we never have an easy game against them so again, I'll be happy with the points no matter how they come. And no raffle to worry about so I can watch the whole game.

Edited by VPCTFC

Finished 1-2 to hartley good win for us against our bogey side

Enjoyable game at the arena and fairly even too. Could have been several more goals and one or two sitters were missed, including one from Brunty smile.gif

Didn't spot Smudge or anyone who would fit the description!

T.R.S.I was in disguise,ran me nuts off for 90 mins,collecting balls that went out of play.No comfy seat in the stand for me,free entry for you also,like it was for all that attended.On overall play Hartley edged it,but was ranting and raving at lino for there 1st goal,a great header by Spence was goalbound but nudged in a foot from the line by an offside Hartley player,thought 2 players were meant to be behind the ball but what do i know.Goal Stands.But not to be a moaner it was evened up in the 2nd half,a blatant handball by Municipal was waved away by the Officials much to my glee.But we must be grateful,for playing on a great surface,best stand in C.C.L.and decent Officials overall Mr Nanson controlled the game well.Spence,Roach,Brunty had good games in an excellent game of Football.OFF TO ME BED TO REST.

SMUDGE OR MOORESEY, WHO WAS YOUR NO. 9 ? FROM TRS FOOTAGE, I THOUGHT HE WAS A PAIN IN THE NECK FOR THE HW DEFENCE, DO YOU AGREEE BRUNTY ? HE TOOK HIS GOAL WELL AND COULD HAVE HAD A HAT-TRICK WITH A BIT MORE COMPOSURE AND LUCK !

Camberley 1 Guildford 0, Feisty game with a 54 minute second half.

VPCTFC YOUR AN HONEST CHAPPY, WHAT WAS YOUR OPINION ON THE GAME, WHICH WAS DECIDED BY FINNY'S PEN DUBIOUS ? IT LOOKED IT FROM WHERE I WAS.

WHAT WAS THE AFTERMATH GOING ON ? SOME TACKLES GOING IN WHICH WASN'T THAT WELL OFFICIATED IN MY OPINION, BUT 3 POINTS NONE THE LESS, WHICH STILL KEEP PRESSURE ON NGU, BUT NO DOUBT CHERTSEY WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED TO READ THE RESULT ?

I can't comment on the first half Nicey. Our vice-chairman has injured his hand so was unable to do the raffle yesterday. Of course, none of the other committee people stepped forward so I did it. Because of that I didn't see the challenge for the penalty nor much else of the first half.

I managed to watch most of the second half. I can only assume Guildford have come into some money as they've got some good players - although they have got one of those goalies who insists on telling the ref his job all the time. How can a goalie expect to be taken seriously when he's appealing for corners etc. 120 yards away?

Camberley aren't afraid to moan and whinge but, for the second time in a few weeks, we were well outclassed on that front yesterday.

I thought the ref was poor and I haven't got a clue where he found nine and a half minutes of added on time in the second half.

Good turnout from the Sweeney and their inflatable 'Willy'.

I'm happy we ground out the win. At the moment points are far more important than style. If we can get on a run again then it'll be interesting. We're at Sandhurst on Tuesday and we never have an easy game against them so again, I'll be happy with the points no matter how they come. And no raffle to worry about so I can watch the whole game.

THANKS VP YOUR TELLING ME !

I HAD TO MOVE AWAY FROM EACH BENCH AS BOTH SETS WERE RANTING AND RAVING JUST AS MUCH,

NOT SURE IF GUILDFORD HAVE GOT MONEY BUT THEIR MANAGER WAS EX: CARSHALTON RESERVES/YOUTH MANAGER AND INVOLVED WITH CROYDON ATHLETIC (I THINK, BUT DON'T QUOTE ME). I THOUGHT GUILDFORD WERE A DECENT TEAM AND THE PENALTY WAS DUBIOUS PERHAPS GULIDFORD SWEENEY CAN ELABORTE MORE ON THE ABOVE ? A DRAW WOULD HAVE BEEN A AFIR RESULT IN MY OPINION

SEE YOU AT SANHURST TOO VP. I'VE CHOSEN TO GO TO THAT GAME ALTHOUGH I DID CONSIDER GOING TO SEE NGU PLAY AGAINST EPSOM & EWELL WHICH SHOULD BE A GOOD TIGHT AFFAIR AS BOTH TEAMS ARE DECENT, BUT THE THOUGHT OF GOING TO GREENFORD, ON A TUESDAY DOESN'T IMPRESS ME WITH WITH ALL THAT TRAFFIC, SO SANDHURST M3 IT IS !

Edited by NICE GUY

AU Postie is on line...... what happened today mate??

Another bloody one goal defeat, spent all my day at the club, was there from 9 forking the pitch, just about managed to get it on, & yes it does look a mess after, but with the fixture backlog had to play it even though had several comments after why didnt you just call it off grrrrrrrrrrrrrr (thats the moan out off the way)

The game itself was another of us throwing away another victory. Went infront three times only for Sandhurst to get the winner 6mins from the end. With the conditions it was an entertaining game with both sides still trying to play the football. Several well struck goals by either sides & to be honest not much between the sides & overall my personal thought was a draw would have been a fair result, but in football you don't get fair results.

Now hoping it rains very heavy today to wash alot off damage down & then coming dry so by midweek the groundsman can repair the rest off the damage for the home game next saturday

But it was Perksy that the ball flew off though, but have to agree, didnt have to mention Danny, anyway its gone down a blazer goal.

Have to also say the six yard box was the hardest place to get rid off the water as it was rock solid & we all had trouble getting the forks into the ground. but good luck for the remainder off the season

Yes, well done to Ash for getting the game on although the way I played first half, I wished it was off. Everywhere I stood I kept sinking, and could not get a decent run-up when trying to kick the ball and kept slipping over. Although the second and third Ash goals were well taken, there were question marks over our defending. Thought it was a bit naughty of the PA announcer in the way he announced the goalscore of the first goal (own goal), but at least we could chuckle about it afterwards.

Despite being 3-2 down at half time we were confident, and expected by the management, to get at least a point and delighted to get all three. On the attacking performance I think we edged it second half and could have been a bit more clinical.

Didn't like the referee. At least he left his buzzer flags at home, but he was very fussy. Could have played some great advantages but kept blowing his whistle and yellow cards only seemed to come out for dissent.

Cambo Tuesday followed by Cove on Sat, two more derbies.

Don't want to elaborate too much for fear of jinxing things, but City are progressing both on and off the pitch this season. I feel I should remind you that almost every single person on this board had us to finish in the bottom three in the pre-season predictions...

Yet we now find ourselves in a position where we are able to match, if not outplay, the team second in the league. I was up the other end for the Camberley penalty, but I hear that it was somewhat dubious. And shortly after that we were denied a penalty as the Camberley '4' handled in the box from a cross. But that's the way it goes I suppose.

The two Camberley central defenders were... errr... cynical. That's the nicest way I can put it. I think a lot of the moaning came from what looked to be some very unjust decisions against us. For example, our centre forward being scythed down en route to goal in the first half - with no action taken against the perpetrator. Yet in the second half, the ball bobbles up in front of an open goal and the same striker goes for it, only to find himself booked for challenging for the ball.

A draw would have been fairer, but the Camberley defence coped well with what we threw at them,. Then again, the same could be said for our defence!

I think we'd all agree that our keeper could do with shutting his mouth a bit more. He's been a lot better recently actually. The late red card was a second yellow for dissent. We could hear what was said behind the goal, and I think the referee has got that one wrong unfortunately. As a referee myself, I tend to take the side of the officials but yesterday the referee had a poor game. It's a hard job, and there are many reasons why I don't do it anymore, not least the abuse and disrespect, so fair play to these guys for keeping on with it.

Always enjoy the trips to Camberley though, first time I've seen us lose there actually. Good pubs in the town centre and near the ground, plus a good (if quite dark!) clubhouse. And that shelter behind the goal is always fun to make some noise in!

Best of luck to them for the rest of the season but I can't see them seriously challenging North Greenford for the title...

Thought municipal were unlucky not to get something out of todays same. But at least todays performance was better than recent weeks. Great video just a shame you missed my last ditch tackle at the end :) Good luck for the rest of the season Hartley, decent side and a nice bunch of lads

MOORSEY, SMUDGE AGREE WITH YOU, THOUGHT A DRAW WOULD HAVE BEEN A FAIR RESULT BUT THATS JUST WATCHING THE SHORT FOOTAGE.

YOUR NO. 9 WHO SCORED FOR YOU CAUSED ALOT OF PROBLEMS FOR THE HW DEFENCE AND COULD HAVE SCORED A HAT-TRICK. WHATS THE TALL FELLAS NAME ?

Thought municipal were unlucky not to get something out of todays same. But at least todays performance was better than recent weeks. Great video just a shame you missed my last ditch tackle at the end :) Good luck for the rest of the season Hartley, decent side and a nice bunch of lads

MOORSEY, SMUDGE AGREE WITH YOU, THOUGHT A DRAW WOULD HAVE BEEN A FAIR RESULT BUT THATS JUST WATCHING THE SHORT FOOTAGE.

YOUR NO. 9 WHO SCORED FOR YOU CAUSED ALOT OF PROBLEMS FOR THE HW DEFENCE AND COULD HAVE SCORED A HAT-TRICK. WHATS THE TALL FELLAS NAME ?

I don't know he was but I can certainly tell you who he wasn't !!! and that's Adam Rea, who was credited with the goal, and wsn't even in the ground !!!!!

Any comment Smudge??

I don't know he was but I can certainly tell you who he wasn't !!! and that's Adam Rea, who was credited with the goal, and wsn't even in the ground !!!!!

Any comment Smudge??

THIS IS ALL VERY STRANGE SPY.

NO-ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHO WAS THE NO. 9 CROYDON M. SCORER ? SPY YOU SAY THE GOAL WAS CREDITED TO ADAM REA, TRS SEEMS TO THINK IS WAS ADRIAN BUTLER BUT NOT 100% SURE AND MITOO WEBSITE SAYS IT WAS ADRIAN ANDERSON ??? CAN ANYONE ELABORATE AND CONFIRM WHO HE WAS ?

Adie Butler is easily identifiable. I think I spotted him on TRS's video. Over 6ft-2" tall and usualy sports a stylish goatee beard.

Thought municipal were unlucky not to get something out of todays same. But at least todays performance was better than recent weeks. Great video just a shame you missed my last ditch tackle at the end smile.gif Good luck for the rest of the season Hartley, decent side and a nice bunch of lads

Any comment Smudge??

NO-ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHO WAS THE NO. 9 CROYDON M. SCORER ? SPY YOU SAY THE GOAL WAS CREDITED TO ADAM REA, TRS SEEMS TO THINK IS WAS ADRIAN BUTLER BUT NOT 100% SURE AND MITOO WEBSITE SAYS IT WAS ADRIAN ANDERSON ??? CAN ANYONE ELABORATE AND CONFIRM WHO HE WAS ?

Was Adrian Anderson!

Thought municipal were unlucky not to get something out of todays same. But at least todays performance was better than recent weeks. Great video just a shame you missed my last ditch tackle at the end smile.gif Good luck for the rest of the season Hartley, decent side and a nice bunch of lads

Any comment Smudge??

Was Adrian Anderson!

THANKS SPENCER, HE LOOKED A GOOD PLAYER FROM THE FOOTAGE WHAT DO YOU RECKON BRUNTY ?