Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Craig Hammond leaves

I think that article and the same one on the Non League Today Website says everything about the appalling way Histon treated Craig Hammond:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=65881

I think that article and the same one on the Non League Today Website says everything about the appalling way Histon treated Craig Hammond:

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=65881

Rhodes - Are you reading the same article that i am? The one i have just seen more or less says that they think Craig Hammond is lazy and won't put the work in to play at that level...So by them saying he is not willing to put the work in reads to you he is being treated in an appalling way!!!!!!!!! Come on Rhodes more like Craig Hammond has been found not to be as good at the level as you think or Craig Hammond is a lazy player who does not want to work hard.. I am sure he will be back at Royston soon being a big fish in a small pond.

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=65881

Rhodes - Are you reading the same article that i am? The one i have just seen more or less says that they think Craig Hammond is lazy and won't put the work in to play at that level...So by them saying he is not willing to put the work in reads to you he is being treated in an appalling way!!!!!!!!! Come on Rhodes more like Craig Hammond has been found not to be as good at the level as you think or Craig Hammond is a lazy player who does not want to work hard.. I am sure he will be back at Royston soon being a big fish in a small pond.

Thats wot they said at AFC Sudbury Lazy does not work hard only when his loan spell was up maybe he would be at home at Tick Tok ?

Efc - Tokyngton Manor would give their right arm to have Craig Hammond at the Viking Sports Ground and coincidentally we play in white shirts, black shorts and black stockings too however I'm sure, as Love the Game said, the great man will be back at Garden Walk next season

• 9 months later...

It's looking like Craig Hammond is leaving Cambridge City and Non League football for, wait for it, Queens Park Rangers, he has finally albeit unsurprisingly made the big time and Royston Town can be very proud of their contribution to his illustrious career:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=72725

Craig Hammond`s impressive goalscoring form for Zamaretto League Premier Division club Cambridge City has earned him a trial at npower Championship pace-setters Queen`s Park Rangers.

The striker has found the back the net twenty-two times so far this season, including the winner against Weymouth last Saturday, and has helped propel the Lilywhites to third place.

Scouts from QPR were impressed by what they saw from him in City's recent matches against Hemel Hempstead Town and Swindon Supermarine, so the 23-year-old forward will spend the week training with the Londoners, managed by Neil Warnock.

"Craig has been excellent for us this season, but his game he kicked on even more since November," said City boss Gary Roberts. "They saw him play in a couple of games for us and were impressed. He'll train with them for a week and play in a reserve game."

The trial is a well deserved reward for the former Histon and Royston Town hitman. After a disappointing spell with the Stutes last season, Hammond has rediscovered his best form at City and was given a contract keeping him at Milton Road until the end of the season.

2007/08 Rhodes, NB 1-0 Royston, my 'sick note' boy as you call him kept a clean sheet against Craig so how about you getting him a trial at The Dog & Duck such is your influence in football these days haha

I know you wont gloat Rhodes but you have been telling everyone about Craig's ability for a while now. Change of job to football scout!?

I don't do gloating but, as you say, I may well be suited to a scouting job, Ged Searson is currently Head Scout at Gillingham so I'll sound him out

Here are Rhodes, your first 2 signings for the Dog & Duck, mind you even that might be a big step up for you so maybe the Bog & Muck....boys are still keen to learn haha

good luck to him i hope it works out for him . how old is craig ?

Craig Bicknell - Thanks for your interest. Here's Craig's CV which, as you can see, is as long as your arm, although he is approaching 24 I can still see him going all the way, a bit like Ian Wright who arrived at Selhurst Park quite late in his illustrious career:

http://2mbsm.com/soccer/current/hammond

I see that Craig Hammond was mentioned in the Evening Standard last night and I think QPR have already signed him, he may even play for the 'Super Hoops' at Burnley tomorrow