Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Easter Monday 5/4/10

Maybe I should have walked for handball. What a second yellow though. outstanding. Kroons explain what I did!

I think it's only a red if denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. I guess the lino felt the covering defender may have got to the ball anyway?

Maybe I should have walked for handball. What a second yellow though. outstanding. Kroons explain what I did!

I think it's only a red if denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. I guess the lino felt the covering defender may have got to the ball anyway?

hmmm maybe. Right back was coming round. Quite lucky though. Still don't know what else I could have done for the second booking other than try and kick it out of the hole.

Y.H.W. Have viewed the video loads of times,the first yellow was the pitches fault,it bobbled up and hit your hand,no intent by you.The second yellow,was a jobsworth's booking,the ball clearly moved,and if you had not replaced it,the lino would of flagged for sure,as the ball was outside the 6 yd box.Can anyone advise on if you can appeal a second yellow,that gives you a RED,because if you can T.R.S.s VIDEO clearly shows the ball moving,and the Ref running like one possessed human being.As for the pitch,can you string 3 passes together on that Mud Heap.

Edited by Smudge

Y.H.W. Have viewed the video loads of times,the first yellow was the pitches fault,it bobbled up and hit your hand,no intent by you.The second yellow,was a jobsworth's booking,the ball clearly moved,and if you had not replaced it,the lino would of flagged for sure,as the ball was outside the 6 yd box.Can anyone advise on if you can appeal a second yellow,that gives you a RED,because if you can T.R.S.s VIDEO clearly shows the ball moving,and the Ref running like one possessed human being.As for the pitch,can you string 3 passes together on that Mud Heap.

Spoke to Ken, The gaffer, and he said if I can get together £100 for the appeal and then another £100 for the hearing if it's unsuccessful and being a poor student I simply don't have the money so I just have to take game ban on the chin and scrape together £48 fine. Luckily it is easter break so I will go and get some extra work.

Dont think the fine is £48 for 2 yellows.What's £200 if it allows you to prove your case,it would be a travesty of Justice.Can we find some backers for 'The save Younghammerwhitby appeal'

Your right Smudge but I dont think there is anything I can do short of just sending footage to Alan bulletin man or someone else. I simply can't afford to apeal.

Chris Clapham - I have just been alerted to your comments at 7.01pm today. I rarely come on this board but as Molesey programme editor and match reporter for home games (but not web editor - that job belongs to Erany who also does the MFC videos) thought your post was deserving of a response.

The comment about Danny Cormack was accurate in so much as he moaned about every decision that didn't go his way in the second half, asked the linesman if he was so bad at his job that he could not spot a blatant foul on him (which I happened to think at the time was a perfectly legal challenge), and generally came across as a bad sport. I did not mention that he offered one of our fans a fight in the bar after the game. The main purpose of my comment was to stick up for the ref who I thought had a fine game, as did the ref today and the majority of the officials we've had this season.

If you want to write something similar about our number 5 then I have no intention of stopping you, nor will I go on an internet messageboard and attempt to "reel you in". If you felt the comment was that harsh, my email address appears in the programme and on our website - you could have contactd me direct, I was stood behind the goal today, or at the very least you could have logged on to our forum and attempted to contact me there.

Disappointed with your comments and the way you chose to air them, and I was intending to email you to say that I enyoyed reading your programme but don't think I'll bother now. Having had to prepare three in the space of four days last week I'm aware of how much of a lonely and soul-destroying job it can be. If you like I'll run my match report by you to make sure you approve?

As for today's game, I did not see a punch by Luke Elliott and nor did I see any of your players complain about it but I guess you saw what you saw. The first minute goal looked like it should have stood although I did not have a great view of it, and our number 5, who I personally thought was our motm, kept us in it with a terrific goal line clearance. You were a better side than your league position suggests but seem to lack confidence and an on field leader. Sutton V Cray must have been dreadful because our game was one of the worst I've seen all season.

Oh and whilst I've registered I might as well let you all know I'm running to the Brighton Marathon next week for the Alzheimer's Society. If you've got 2 minutes I'd be enormously appreciative if you checked out my page. www.justgiving.com/runningforfrank - thanks.

C.C.,you sure you watched the C.W.U. v's Molesey game?I cannot agree with any of your comments on it.

Thought our disallowed goal should have stood.

By the way,could you ask the goalie to curb his use of the C...word,no need for it,plenty of other swear words to use.

Also, Chris Clapham, having read my notes from the game (there weren't many) would like to point out for clarity that Luke Elliott wasn't booked.

I can only assume the player you referred to as a liability was the only player booked yesterday afternoon.

Therefore it's a bit rich you jumping on your high horse and having a go at me for accusing a player of being a bit cheeky and unsportsmanlike, when you go and accuse the wrong player of assault... especially a youngster who has already had completed unfounded allegations made against him this season.

Chris (Clapham) - what did you have to eat yesterday, mate? I tend to keep out of these things but the comments about yesterday seem a bit over the top. We have a great relationship with CWU and I find what you say to be a bit unreasonable, as I particularly get on really well with all the management and committee there. Tony is actually doing us a favour and doing some work on our pitch today.

A couple of facts to get right, as I am almost positive the lad Luke Elliot was not the one who was involved in the small fracas, as he certainly had not been booked, so I think you have made the mistake of naming the wrong person. The goal was a cross from the same lad and came from open play. As you know, yesterday was your home game and the two clubs managed to stage it at our place with absolutely no fuss and the whole thing went as well as could be expected. It suited both parties in view of the current fixture circumstances.

On the game, I thought that it was a poor one and never really got going, so the other one you watched must have been a shocker. Overall, you could have come away with a draw as our keeper did have to make two great saves, and chances were pretty much at a premium. I think the early disallowed goal should have stood but, if the referee felt there was a push, we have to accept it - he had a decent game, I thought. Your lads certainly do not look like a side who should be where you are and for much of the game attempted played some good football and can feel a bit hard done by on the day. Let's hope that you can pick up the points you need to be safe - and I am not being patronising here, I do mean that.

One major gripe though - why have a dig at our players being overpaid? We do not spend loads on players and do not intend to, so the comment about that has no foundation at all, so why say it. All management at our club do the work for nothing, as with many clubs at our level, and the players appreciate the financial constraints we have and we have a great bunch of lads. Yesterday could be looked at an "off day" for us, but that would suggest that your lads did not deserve praise for their efforts, and I am sure that we have all had enough of hearing that the so called better side were "crap on the day", rather than accept their opponents had some say in that.

Anyway, maybe I have reacted a bit and could fall into the "bite" category, but just felt that a couple of points raised needed clarification.

Cheers.

Nice Video TRS -

One or two highlights

1. YHW sending off! what an awful decision!

2. Craig Moore (i think it was him) shot from nearly the half way line.

3. The comment from the boy in the stands after Cobhams first goal - punt the ball in the box from a free kick, keeper drops the ball, matey taps it in and the shout is great football cobham! lol

Eversley 2 Hartley Wintney 1

Typical derby game with both teams 100% committed in their pursuit of victory.

Eversley scored early from a Craig Smith free kick. Both Smith and Hartley's Spence went off early with what looked like hamstring injuries. Hartley then enjoyed a decent spell of possession and equalized through a well taken goal from their number 11 (think his name was Luke Farangia). Eversley lost their keeper to an ankle injury following an innocuous challenge from former Eversley defender Ian Daniell. The rest of the half was an even contest with neither side troubling the respected opposition keepers.

Eversley started the 2nd half in the best possible way, with an early goal from striker Darren Sked. The remainder of the half saw a few half chances, but again neither side able to hit the target. Chasing the equalizer, Hartley were unable to find a way through a resolute home defence.

It was slightly surprising that with so many attacking players on the pitch, it was the defences that came out on top. Very pleased with the victory and it was a pleasure to host Hartley Wintney. Only sour note was a Hartley player threatening to stab one of our committee during the 2nd half. Not what you expect at a football game and from what I've heard, not the first time that has happened this season.

Also good to have a quick chat with Brunty after the game.

Edited by danielpjn

Dont think the fine is £48 for 2 yellows.What's £200 if it allows you to prove your case,it would be a travesty of Justice.Can we find some backers for 'The save Younghammerwhitby appeal'

Your right Smudge but I dont think there is anything I can do short of just sending footage to Alan bulletin man or someone else. I simply can't afford to apeal.

If its two yellow cards, I am sure it is just a £20 fine which is the admin charge for each booking.

What's a joke at this level is that you need video evidence to appeal. Fortunately you have that. I have not watched the video yet, but my advice if is the ball rolls into a divot, just shout that it has and apologise. If the ref wants to be funny, ask him if he would like someone to break and ankle on a game he officiates!

Eversley scored early from a Craig Smith free kick. Both Smith and Hartley's Spence went off early with what looked like hamstring injuries. Hartley then enjoyed a decent spell of possession and equalized through a well taken goal from their number 11 (think his name was Luke Farangia). Eversley lost their keeper to an ankle injury following an innocuous challenge from former Eversley defender Ian Daniell. The rest of the half was an even contest with neither side troubling the respected opposition keepers.

Eversley started the 2nd half in the best possible way, with an early goal from striker Darren Sked. The remainder of the half saw a few half chances, but again neither side able to hit the target. Chasing the equalizer, Hartley were unable to find a way through a resolute home defence.

It was slightly surprising that with so many attacking players on the pitch, it was the defences that came out on top. Very pleased with the victory and it was a pleasure to host Hartley Wintney. Only sour note was Mr Spence threatening to stab one of our committee during the 2nd half. Not what you expect at a football game and from what I've heard, not the first time that has happened this season.

[/quote

Good summary - Didnt hear about anything going on off the pitch.

Good to meet you Dan, lovely pitch how have you kept that so good over the season!! that pitch has to be better than pitches going up the leagues!!

i think it was me that caught your keeper not Ian i think i landed on his ankle i did apologise to him after and wished him a speedy recovery.

It was slightly surprising that with so many attacking players on the pitch, it was the defences that came out on top. Very pleased with the victory and it was a pleasure to host Hartley Wintney. Only sour note was Mr Spence threatening to stab one of our committee during the 2nd half. Not what you expect at a football game and from what I've heard, not the first time that has happened this season.

[/quote

Good to meet you Dan, lovely pitch how have you kept that so good over the season!! that pitch has to be better than pitches going up the leagues!!

i think it was me that caught your keeper not Ian i think i landed on his ankle i did apologise to him after and wished him a speedy recovery.

Think he just couldn't control his temper. It's likely that at some point in the future though, he will run into someone that reacts to his comments.

The person in charge of the development of the pitches has done an amazing job. The condition of the pitch has been good all season and with the summer growth, we are hoping it will get better in the future.

I only mentioned it was Ian as he said that in the bar after. There were quite a few players going for the same ball, so it was difficult to see who it was. Luckily it was a game where we had a goalkeeper on the bench as well.

[/quote

Think he just couldn't control his temper. It's likely that at some point in the future though, he will run into someone that reacts to his comments.

The person in charge of the development of the pitches has done an amazing job. The condition of the pitch has been good all season and with the summer growth, we are hoping it will get better in the future.

I only mentioned it was Ian as he said that in the bar after. There were quite a few players going for the same ball, so it was difficult to see who it was. Luckily it was a game where we had a goalkeeper on the bench as well.

Yes he does need to control his temper and people have said previously he has said things but i have never heard him all season say he will stab somone and i have been right next to him when he is having a "confrontation" with someone trying to pull him away.

Lucky for you guys he had to go off yesterday. was a big blow for us.

great setup but maybe move the changing rooms bit nearer to the pitch lol

FINCHY AND ALL THE FELLOW MOLES

re chris clapham i have always found chris to be fair and honest in his comments. a nice man. the fact that one of your gang of posters mentions a small fracas, means that something did happen, what is open to interpretation.

yes chris is putting his opinion, thats why he puts his name to it, it is not the opinion of colliers wood, as yours is not that of your clubs, but your equally as biased.coffee%20%282%29.gif

Have I missed something? Where is chertsey boy with his excuses on why they lost,I was stood next to pearceys dad for the game if anyone was wondering,you can tell who he is cos he stands on line with the 18 yard box and shouts out if pearcey does something good or bad.

It was slightly surprising that with so many attacking players on the pitch, it was the defences that came out on top. Very pleased with the victory and it was a pleasure to host Hartley Wintney. Only sour note was a Hartley player threatening to stab one of our committee during the 2nd half. Not what you expect at a football game and from what I've heard, not the first time that has happened this season.

[/quote

Yes he does need to control his temper and people have said previously he has said things but i have never heard him all season say he will stab somone and i have been right next to him when he is having a "confrontation" with someone trying to pull him away.

He is a very good player and we were lucky that he had to go off early in the game.

Good banter with him after the game as well, so maybe just put it down to emotions running high.

There are plans to build changing rooms next to the pitch in the future.

Good luck for the rest of the season and we'll see you at your place in a few weeks.

Edited by danielpjn

[/quote

He is a very good player and we were lucky that he had to go off early in the game.

Good banter with him after the game as well, so maybe just put it down to emotions running high.

There are plans to build changing rooms next to the pitch in the future.

Good luck for the rest of the season and we'll see you at your place in a few weeks.

Small price to pay for playing on that surface everyweek.

Are there lights on the training pitches? Also is that big building an indoor pitch?