Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Easter Monday 5/4/10

In the programme notes I thanked Molesey for switching the game. I have no issues with any club in the CCL.

The people there yesterday were very nice and helpful.

I may have named the wrong player re the punch. Lets just say it was the Moles number 2 (right back) and the two neutral groundhoppers I stood with both saw it. I wont retract anything else I said.

It is obvious that Molesey have good players who perhaps under-performed yesterday. We had a good go at it IMHO but just fell short over the piece. I actually enjoyed the game, perhaps Molesey were off form and the spectators are used to better from their team.

If one of our players caused trouble in your bar at the first game then that is out of order.

Anyway nuff said for now. Just getting my Surrey A to Z out for Chobham, Frimley etc etc and preparing for 7 home match programmes in 13 days!!! :yeahthat:

Love you lots xxx :getwell:

Eversley 2 Hartley Wintney 1

Typical derby game with both teams 100% committed in their pursuit of victory.

Eversley scored early from a Craig Smith free kick. Both Smith and Hartley's Spence went off early with what looked like hamstring injuries. Hartley then enjoyed a decent spell of possession and equalized through a well taken goal from their number 11 (think his name was Luke Farangia). Eversley lost their keeper to an ankle injury following an innocuous challenge from former Eversley defender Ian Daniell. The rest of the half was an even contest with neither side troubling the respected opposition keepers.

Eversley started the 2nd half in the best possible way, with an early goal from striker Darren Sked. The remainder of the half saw a few half chances, but again neither side able to hit the target. Chasing the equalizer, Hartley were unable to find a way through a resolute home defence.

It was slightly surprising that with so many attacking players on the pitch, it was the defences that came out on top. Very pleased with the victory and it was a pleasure to host Hartley Wintney. Only sour note was a Hartley player threatening to stab one of our committee during the 2nd half. Not what you expect at a football game and from what I've heard, not the first time that has happened this season.

Also good to have a quick chat with Brunty after the game.

[/quote

Good summary - Didnt hear about anything going on off the pitch.

Good to meet you Dan, lovely pitch how have you kept that so good over the season!! that pitch has to be better than pitches going up the leagues!!

i think it was me that caught your keeper not Ian i think i landed on his ankle i did apologise to him after and wished him a speedy recovery.

Think he just couldn't control his temper. It's likely that at some point in the future though, he will run into someone that reacts to his comments.

The person in charge of the development of the pitches has done an amazing job. The condition of the pitch has been good all season and with the summer growth, we are hoping it will get better in the future.

I only mentioned it was Ian as he said that in the bar after. There were quite a few players going for the same ball, so it was difficult to see who it was. Luckily it was a game where we had a goalkeeper on the bench as well.

Yes he does need to control his temper and people have said previously he has said things but i have never heard him all season say he will stab somone and i have been right next to him when he is having a "confrontation" with someone trying to pull him away.

Lucky for you guys he had to go off yesterday. was a big blow for us.

great setup but maybe move the changing rooms bit nearer to the pitch lol

He is a very good player and we were lucky that he had to go off early in the game.

Good banter with him after the game as well, so maybe just put it down to emotions running high.

There are plans to build changing rooms next to the pitch in the future.

Good luck for the rest of the season and we'll see you at your place in a few weeks.

Small price to pay for playing on that surface everyweek.

Are there lights on the training pitches? Also is that big building an indoor pitch?

Thanks for the positive comments.

There are no lights on the training pitches. We are currently planning lights for the main pitch though.

The building is actually indoor cricket nets. You should have had a look inside, as it is quite impressive.

Do you think you'll be able to keep most of your side together for next season? Think with one or two additions, you could have a very good side.

Edited by danielpjn

Eversley scored early from a Craig Smith free kick. Both Smith and Hartley's Spence went off early with what looked like hamstring injuries. Hartley then enjoyed a decent spell of possession and equalized through a well taken goal from their number 11 (think his name was Luke Farangia). Eversley lost their keeper to an ankle injury following an innocuous challenge from former Eversley defender Ian Daniell. The rest of the half was an even contest with neither side troubling the respected opposition keepers.

Eversley started the 2nd half in the best possible way, with an early goal from striker Darren Sked. The remainder of the half saw a few half chances, but again neither side able to hit the target. Chasing the equalizer, Hartley were unable to find a way through a resolute home defence.

It was slightly surprising that with so many attacking players on the pitch, it was the defences that came out on top. Very pleased with the victory and it was a pleasure to host Hartley Wintney. Only sour note was a Hartley player threatening to stab one of our committee during the 2nd half. Not what you expect at a football game and from what I've heard, not the first time that has happened this season.

[/quote

Good to meet you Dan, lovely pitch how have you kept that so good over the season!! that pitch has to be better than pitches going up the leagues!!

i think it was me that caught your keeper not Ian i think i landed on his ankle i did apologise to him after and wished him a speedy recovery.

Think he just couldn't control his temper. It's likely that at some point in the future though, he will run into someone that reacts to his comments.

The person in charge of the development of the pitches has done an amazing job. The condition of the pitch has been good all season and with the summer growth, we are hoping it will get better in the future.

I only mentioned it was Ian as he said that in the bar after. There were quite a few players going for the same ball, so it was difficult to see who it was. Luckily it was a game where we had a goalkeeper on the bench as well.

Yes he does need to control his temper and people have said previously he has said things but i have never heard him all season say he will stab somone and i have been right next to him when he is having a "confrontation" with someone trying to pull him away.

He is a very good player and we were lucky that he had to go off early in the game.

Good banter with him after the game as well, so maybe just put it down to emotions running high.

Good luck for the rest of the season and we'll see you at your place in a few weeks.

Are there lights on the training pitches? Also is that big building an indoor pitch?

There are no lights on the training pitches. We are currently planning lights for the main pitch though.

The building is actually indoor cricket nets. You should have had a look inside, as it is quite impressive.

Do you think you'll be able to keep most of your side together for next season? Think with one or two additions, you could have a very good side.

where do you train?

Im not sure, at this level players never know where they will be playing untill mid way through pre season. if we could keep the same side we would have a great chance of winning the league next year. i think we have leaned one or two lessons this season and would put them right next year. Same for you boys i would have thought - you have some good players down there.

It was slightly surprising that with so many attacking players on the pitch, it was the defences that came out on top. Very pleased with the victory and it was a pleasure to host Hartley Wintney. Only sour note was a Hartley player threatening to assualt one of our committee during the 2nd half. Not what you expect at a football game and from what I've heard, not the first time that has happened this season.

[/quote

where do you train?

Im not sure, at this level players never know where they will be playing untill mid way through pre season. if we could keep the same side we would have a great chance of winning the league next year. i think we have leaned one or two lessons this season and would put them right next year. Same for you boys i would have thought - you have some good players down there.

We train on an astroturf at Aborfield Barracks. Only about 3 miles from the ground, so not too bad.

Would be good if you are able to keep the squad together. What happened to Bledian? I know he was playing for your earlier in the season. Only ask as he played a few games for us last season.

We've got quite a young squad that are still adapting to the CCL. We've had some very good results, but also a few poor performances as well. Enjoying our first year though and hopefully improve next season.

It was slightly surprising that with so many attacking players on the pitch, it was the defences that came out on top. Very pleased with the victory and it was a pleasure to host Hartley Wintney. Only sour note was a Hartley player threatening to assualt one of our committee during the 2nd half. Not what you expect at a football game and from what I've heard, not the first time that has happened this season.

[/quote

where do you train?

We train on an astroturf at Aborfield Barracks. Only about 3 miles from the ground, so not too bad.

Would be good if you are able to keep the squad together. What happened to Bledian? I know he was playing for your earlier in the season. Only ask as he played a few games for us last season.

We've got quite a young squad that are still adapting to the CCL. We've had some very good results, but also a few poor performances as well. Enjoying our first year though and hopefully improve next season.

He has been unavailable last few months. Story of the second half of the season tho - so many players missing. good luck for the rest of the season see you down at our place!

FINCHY AND ALL THE FELLOW MOLES

re chris clapham i have always found chris to be fair and honest in his comments. a nice man. the fact that one of your gang of posters mentions a small fracas, means that something did happen, what is open to interpretation.

yes chris is putting his opinion, thats why he puts his name to it, it is not the opinion of colliers wood, as yours is not that of your clubs, but your equally as biased.coffee%20%282%29.gif

You seem to have missed the entire point of my post. I'm not denying that something happened, however small, and have no problem with him commenting on it. The point I was trying to make was that if he had a problem with something I put in a match report why not email me/speak to me about why I put it, rather than moan about it on here.

It wouldn't have been difficult to seek me out amongst a two figure crowd yesterday.

smashy

are you still in denial. think i was in your cab the other day.coffee%20%282%29.gif

When was you in his cab

Edited by I'll smash any forward

In the programme notes I thanked Molesey for switching the game. I have no issues with any club in the CCL.

The people there yesterday were very nice and helpful.

I may have named the wrong player re the punch. Lets just say it was the Moles number 2 (right back) and the two neutral groundhoppers I stood with both saw it. I wont retract anything else I said.

It is obvious that Molesey have good players who perhaps under-performed yesterday. We had a good go at it IMHO but just fell short over the piece. I actually enjoyed the game, perhaps Molesey were off form and the spectators are used to better from their team.

If one of our players caused trouble in your bar at the first game then that is out of order.

Anyway nuff said for now. Just getting my Surrey A to Z out for Chobham, Frimley etc etc and preparing for 7 home match programmes in 13 days!!! yeahthat.gif

Love you lots xxx getwell.gif

He didn't cause trouble in the bar, but when subjected to a bit of stick from one of our more vocal fans for ramming the ball into the stomach of one of our players offered to meet him in the bar after the game.

To reiterate, I have no problems with any of the opinions that you state in your previous posts - if we all had the same opinions the world would be a boring place - but to moan and bitch about it on here, especially when I have never posted on here before so you probably considered me easy prey, was out of order.

Anyway, I trust you have my email address should you wish to discuss further, if not I work with the CWU Youth Team Manager so am sure he can put you in touch with me.

Dorking suffered a big blow to their chances of CCL Premier division survival with a heavy defeat against fellow relegation threatened Bookham.

It had all started well for Dorking as after a quarter of an hour Chicks took the lead when new player Ashley Robinson lobbed the Bookham keeper, but it all went down hill from there as Bookham's Mark Jarman grabbed a quick fire hattrick on 32, 41 and 45 minutes to give Bookham a commanding lead, the second and third goals self inflicted as Dorking had ample time to clear the ball on both occasions.

Dorking started brightly in the second period, and when Ashley Robinson scored from the penalty spot on 50 minutes after Jamie Pendrill had been foulled in the box, Dorking looked like they may get something from the game. Indeed a shot from Andy Miller skimmed the bar soon after, but that was the closest Dorking came as Bookham upped the tempo.

A goal on 70 minutes extended the visitors lead. An injury to Dorking keeper Sam Freeman did not assist matters, and as Dorking pushed forward, Bookham punished the Dorking defence with ease, scoring 3 times in the final 8 minutes to seal a convincing win that extend's Bookham's lead over Dorking to 7 points.

(Team to follow.)

I would imagine that as the "home" team they will get the home changing rooms.

I know this has been the case when MVSCR have been the "home" team in our fixtures with them this season.

'Things' are done by mutual agreement !

There's no sh1t stirring between the two resident teams.

Next Question ??

:coffee (2):

Dorking suffered a big blow to their chances of CCL Premier division survival with a heavy defeat against fellow relegation threatened Bookham.

It had all started well for Dorking as after a quarter of an hour Chicks took the lead when new player Ashley Robinson lobbed the Bookham keeper, but it all went down hill from there as Bookham's Mark Jarman grabbed a quick fire hattrick on 32, 41 and 45 minutes to give Bookham a commanding lead, the second and third goals self inflicted as Dorking had ample time to clear the ball on both occasions.

Dorking started brightly in the second period, and when Ashley Robinson scored from the penalty spot on 50 minutes after Jamie Pendrill had been foulled in the box, Dorking looked like they may get something from the game. Indeed a shot from Andy Miller skimmed the bar soon after, but that was the closest Dorking came as Bookham upped the tempo.

A goal on 70 minutes extended the visitors lead. An injury to Dorking keeper Sam Freeman did not assist matters, and as Dorking pushed forward, Bookham punished the Dorking defence with ease, scoring 3 times in the final 8 minutes to seal a convincing win that extend's Bookham's lead over Dorking to 7 points.

(Team to follow.)

Sam Freeman

Addean Gallimore

Marvin Farrell

Zib Nyatito

Josh Powell

Lewis Hanaamam

Andrew Miller

Nathan Farquahson

Jamie Pendrill

Ashley Robinson

Tom Ahmed