Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Div 1 2009-2010

Now the season is coming to a close, has anyone been surprised this season or opinions on how teams have done?

Coulsdon getting a win this season - Will they get one?

The much fancied Hartley Wintney after such a strong start, not even going to make top 3.

Staines getting right back in it, then throwing it away again.

Will Mole Valley blow it again like last year?

If anything this league is competitive and throws up a lot of shock results.

Have we an idea on how many will be going up / down?

Now the season is coming to a close, has anyone been surprised this season or opinions on how teams have done?

The much fancied Hartley Wintney after such a strong start, not even going to make top 3.

Possible nobody will go up if the top 3 is Worcester Park, Staines and Knaphill.

cant see coulsdon getting that win, will they be relegated????

majorly supprissed by hartley thought they would be somewhere in the mix, havent been cosistent enough, im sure they'd be the 1st to admit that, shame coz they are a good club with good people in charge....

staines have shocked every1 i think, most of all thereselves, have they lost some players??? coz the results have been supprissing to say the least, they must be worrying and looking over their shoulders at mv and knaphill, could be a 4th place finish if things dont shape up quick..

mv will be theres to lose now, cant see them throwing it away now, as theyve 7games in hand of staines and 5in hand of wp and also 4in hand of knaphill, with knapshill 2 play sat, think there next 2games are the big ones...

the only thing im supprissed with this year if im honest is the standard of refs, need i say anymore????

my predictions

1 m valley

2 w park

3 kappers

4 eversley

5 cob or hartley

Possible nobody will go up if the top 3 is Worcester Park, Staines and Knaphill.

Knaphill, surely they'll be able to go up (should they fin in top 3) wiv a bit of investment, theyve got a decent ground, think all they need is a stand.

So with the potential that no team could go up and team dropping down, does that mean we will have an even bigger league next year. As with every season comes some bad weather and postponements. It could really effect a teams chance of getting promoted. Look at Mole valley last year.

Will teams be taken out of the league like Chobham who in all honesty do not have the correct facilities for this league. Last year they had rope tied round trees as a barrier.

There are quite a few strong teams in the league that cannot get promoted and therefore it makes it increasingly difficult to actually get in the top 3. It seems to take a run like Knaphill to break in there.

I remember we played Knaphill in their last game of the season last year, they needed to win the game to win the league. They turned up with bottles of bubbly and asked us to clear our fridge so they could chill it. We obliged and then duly beat them, they didnt even come in the clubhouse after for a drink. They sent in their chairman to collect the drink and went and sat in the pub 100 yards up the road.

Needless to say i am hoping for a top 3 without them in it.

So with the potential that no team could go up and team dropping down, does that mean we will have an even bigger league next year. As with every season comes some bad weather and postponements. It could really effect a teams chance of getting promoted. Look at Mole valley last year.

Will teams be taken out of the league like Chobham who in all honesty do not have the correct facilities for this league. Last year they had rope tied round trees as a barrier.

There are quite a few strong teams in the league that cannot get promoted and therefore it makes it increasingly difficult to actually get in the top 3. It seems to take a run like Knaphill to break in there.

I remember we played Knaphill in their last game of the season last year, they needed to win the game to win the league. They turned up with bottles of bubbly and asked us to clear our fridge so they could chill it. We obliged and then duly beat them, they didnt even come in the clubhouse after for a drink. They sent in their chairman to collect the drink and went and sat in the pub 100 yards up the road.

If that storys true, its probably one of the funniest ive heard.

Oi you Farleigh boy, get that fridge cleared now, we need space to chill our Moet which we intend to drink after the game.

Oi you Farleigh boy, get that fridge cleared now, we need space to chill our Moet which we intend to drink after the game.

Haha, not sure that is entirely true Farliegh Fox. I couldnt play the last game as I was injured but turned up for the 2nd half and yea, if you went to a ground on the last game of a season with the chance of winning the league that day, you are going to go prepared for if it happens. Unfortunately, it wasnt meant to be and we finished 5th, trying to give it another bash this year.

Needless to say i am pleased with the double Knaphill did over Farleigh this season....

I am happy when we win and more gracious in defeat, a few could learn from that.

Even more funny this year was when we played you guys and i was winding up Craig Parrington cos he couldnt shoot for toffee and he came back with 'don't you know who i am - ive played for Ash!! hang on to that dream my man you may still make it - i love the banter!!

Both games this season I thought were fairly close encounters, you have in your team what we and a few other teams dont have and that's a 20 goal a season guaranteed striker if not 2.'

To go on a run like you have this season, hats off to you - whats the difference now from earlier in the season?

I am happy when we win and more gracious in defeat, a few could learn from that.

Even more funny this year was when we played you guys and i was winding up Craig Parrington cos he couldnt shoot for toffee and he came back with 'don't you know who i am - ive played for Ash!! hang on to that dream my man you may still make it - i love the banter!!

Both games this season I thought were fairly close encounters, you have in your team what we and a few other teams dont have and that's a 20 goal a season guaranteed striker if not 2.'

To go on a run like you have this season, hats off to you - whats the difference now from earlier in the season?

Craig is a different character altogether and generally that is how he is, so we have all had to learn to live with that!

You're right, we are lucky to have a couple guys up front who can score the goals, but when one is injured or cant play for whatever reason, we do definately struggle.

Difference from now and earlier in the season is purely consistency within the team. Brought in a couple new players and our back 4 stayed the same for 6 or 7 games in a row and it kind of went from there. Definately a shame that we could have the form we are in now, earlier in the season, as the table may look a little different, but there we go. We were changing the back 4 and goal keeper pretty much every game and there were a couple of players that were playing maybe shouldnt have been, but we were a little thin on the ground.

Great result for you boys last night, by the sounds of it the score should have been a lot more for you...

Div 1 certainly needs one team to come in, or one team to go to make the numbers even again. Silly having one team sit out every week. I guess that the two that could/should go are Cresent Rovers or Chobham as they have to rope their pitches off (I assume Cresent do, I have not been there this year). I do remember a few months back a rumour that Municiple will withdraw at the end of the season.

Must of been watching a different Knaphill when they beat Municipal 2-1,there strength is in their Midfield,where they play 5,if you match them for effort there,they are not the same side.As for Teams who rope of their Pitches you forgot Worcester Park.Who in my opinion can never rail of their Pitch,due to a Covenant that says Cricket must be played at the Ground.They could always Groundshare I suppose.As for Municipal withdrawing that rumour could never be further from the Truth,there here to stay.

I was speaking to one of the Knaphill staff last week and they seem to have everything in place to go up. They are very well run and I think they would more than hold there own. Will they catch MV for the title? IMO it will depend on the strength of their squad. We all have lots of walking wounded with the volume of games and it really is a numbers game right now!! Best of luck to both MV & Knaphill Saturday- should be a cracker.

Seem to remember that most of the DFC crew were there as well !!

:cheesy (2):

unfortunately i dont think coulsdon will get there win, i hope they do cos they do work really hard, i cant see mole valley throwing it away again after last year, i also believe they deserve it as do Worcester Park, Hartley and witney will be disappointed as alomg with us but i think you will see two different teams next year, well certainly us! just like to say fair play to Knaphill a few months ago didnt even think of them for promotion after there poor start but recent results and form shows they deserve a promotion with everyone else! As for us i dunno wat has happened, after working so hard to gain points back the last 3 games have been awful and to be fair apart from a good mid-season spell we really havent been that good compared to others but knowing we can defo go up next year will really drive us on!

Personally, with Coulsdon still to play Chobham, Cresent and Feltham over the final few weeks, I'm saying they get one if not two wins! :smilewinkgrin:

Personally, with Coulsdon still to play Chobham, Cresent and Feltham over the final few weeks, I'm saying they get one if not two wins! :smilewinkgrin:

:smilie_flagguk: :champis2:

Hope your right Wattsy, God knows (and anyone who's played us lately) knows we deserve it