Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poor Totton...

dansilk

Yes Woody i'm not sure why you say its a bit rich and you were critical of peter's level of spending on the team as a reason for you going onto watch shef utd, surely if there is any comparison between the two then its the fact that you and budney have both buggered off to watch league football, nothing wrong with that but why not just say that is what you want to do rather than come up with excuses that don't really make sense.

So SW, now that Budny has got bored with chucking money at this particular toy

Bit rich isnt it? Not that i am saying Peter got 'bored' however.

BTW, as a made-up-reason for no longer supporting a team you've been Director of Football for for 2 years this one scrapes the barrel!!

“My sons are not as interested in non-League as they are Saints and I have to put them first."

At least he's left a legacy behind him of a new ground and is carrying on investing in the youth side of the club. You cant expect moneymen to pour cash in forever with realisticly no chance of getting it back!

Comparing Peter to Budny is just not like for like. Peter kept the club afloat for 15 years with little chance of getting his money back. Our ground is in much better condition, as is the pitch and the club is now moving forward. Compare this to someone who put money in for two years, doesn't get promoted and then decides to watch southampton instead, different level of commitment i feel.

Anyone putting money into a club, especially at our level, and expecting to get it back is a fool.

I will take my hat off to anyone who puts money into a club becaase they love the club and want to see it be successful, doesn't always work and sometimes the money dries up, but if they do it for the right reasons maybe we should stop slating these people. The Truro man was a local man wasn't he, pumped money into his local club and got slated for buying the league, but how else will a team with little support, little success and little chance of either progress without some external support?

Wasn't it Francis Lee who remarked that he made his fortune out of waste paper, but being Chairman of Manchester City was helping him reverse the process?

Dont blame Woody for leaving the stag, when he has the club's know it all going on at him all the time - keep it up Dorian you will soon have attendaces down to two figures - you and the deaf dog!

I dont mind Windsorian actually Staines.

Windsor's crowds are not tailing off as much as Sloughs so you cannot really comment!

Windsorian- I've stopped coming as i dont agree with non-league clubs spending silly money that is way above the clubs natural income in the hope of getting one game full of gloryhunters. If i wanted that i'd go watch chelski!

Now i can stay the same 'moany' self at bramall lane but actually be one of the more positive fans! Cant wait! smilewinkgrin.gif

Windsorian- I've stopped coming as i dont agree with non-league clubs spending silly money that is way above the clubs natural income in the hope of getting one game full of gloryhunters. If i wanted that i'd go watch chelski!

I thought you stopped coming to Windsor because of your miserable away day to Totton?

Nope! That's just drunken foolishness. Big deal! Sorry to dissapoint you.

I think it rather funny alot of non-league fans, and i count myself in this, claim that one of the good things about non-league is clubs dont pay silly money. Well they do for their resources! There is almost a snobbery about being a non-league fan these days. Not including anyone in particular in this but really...non-league isnt all that much better than football league supporting. Just cheaper!!

I didn't realise that you kept an eye so closely on the purse strings of Windsor.

Are you close friends with the accountant?

I haven't heard any rumours the Windsor are going into administration.

Woody if i came across strong its because im a bit disappointed and saddened that you have decided to go to windsor less in favour of SU.

Money in the league game but ten times worse, if one man wants to spend his own money on the players budget then that is his choice, as long as the club are paying their bills then i have no problem with it but i understand, the wages being paid in non league is now beyond a joke. So are you saying that if windsor is run on a more sensible footing you will have a change of heart, must cost a packet to get up to sheffield and watch them play, if i was going up there i would at least goand watch the oldest club there:smilewinkgrin:.

So SW, now that Budny has got bored with chucking money at this particular toy and switched allegiances to another club, what are the implications on AFC Totton's finances? Is he going to get his money back? Is the wage budget being slashed? Will the star names really stick around? (Similar Qs could be asked of W&E of course!)

And does it mean that the Discussion Forum, previously moderated by him, will be opened up to all-comers again?

BTW, as a made-up-reason for no longer supporting a team you've been Director of Football for for 2 years this one scrapes the barrel!!

“My sons are not as interested in non-League as they are Saints and I have to put them first."

It was known some time ago I believe. According to the local rag (been away so may have missed recent news), You have signed Ryan Scott, to whom you are very welcome indeed IMO. ian Jones gone to Gosport, taylor has been offered a contract but not taken up yet, Jonathan Davies, Jason Harvell and Stefan Brown all in from Chippenham, Bournemouth Poppies & thatcham. I hear we are very likely to lose gosney, no surprise there. Thats what happens when you score a fantastic hat trick in the county cup final against a league reserve team, you end up with a trial at said team. All otheres signed for the season, so no mass exodous. Due in the new ground October i am told.

i sincerely hope that an open forum and a proper website will follow.

• 1 month later...

So, it seems that our friend Mr Budny has decided his children don't come first after all and has moved his affections to Eastleigh....

Director of Football again. You've got to smile.

http://www.dailyecho..._the_Spitfires/

Thanks to SW for that little snippet!

BTW, not that it's a great deal of interest as they are no longer in our sights, now that Budny has departed AFC Totton's new website and forum is open to all.

http://www.afctotton.com/forums/

Edited by Rother