Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 1st May

HT

Sheerwater 1 - 1 Knaphill

chertsey 2-1 camberley

a good result to end the season for chertsey as they finish runners up and finish with a very good tally of 92points, which in most other seasons would have been enough to gain promotion but all credit to ngu! a good game of football played between two very good footballing teams, chertsey dominated the first half and deservidly took the lead when a well worked free kick was rolled back to the ever dangerous tom o regan who sweeped the ball into the net, with joe johnson and ronnie green on the camberley wings they always looked dangerous but chertsey could have increased there lead on a couple of occassion before the break! the failure to kill off sides when on top is probably the main reason chertsey havnt won the league, and once again let there opponents come out in the 2nd half with more pressing of the chertsey defence and they equalised early!!a low cross from the byline went under liam stones arms and dom worthington facing his own goal could only divert the ball into his own net. camberley then gained control of the game as chertsey looked nervous, but another run from tom o'regan caused the camberley defence problems as he rolled the ball back for dave tarpey to side foot the ball in from 8 yards to regain chertsey's lead! once again when chertsey are leading they got control of the game but couldnt find the 3rd goal, kwabena aygei came off the chertsey bench and held the ball up well in the last 10minutes to secure the runners up spot and end the season on a high for the curfews!

Edited by chertsey boy

Chobham 0 Westfield 2

chertsey 2-1 camberley

a good result to end the season for chertsey as they finish runners up and finish with a very good tally of 92points, which in most other seasons would have been enough to gain promotion but all credit to ngu! a good game of football played between two very good footballing teams, chertsey dominated the first half and deservidly took the lead when a well worked free kick was rolled back to the ever dangerous tom o regan who sweeped the ball into the net, with joe johnson and ronnie green on the camberley wings they always looked dangerous but chertsey could have increased there lead on a couple of occassion before the break! the failure to kill off sides when on top is probably the main reason chertsey havnt won the league, and once again let there opponents come out in the 2nd half with more pressing of the chertsey defence and they equalised early!!a low cross from the byline went under liam stones arms and dom worthington facing his own goal could only divert the ball into his own net. camberley then gained control of the game as chertsey looked nervous, but another run from tom o'regan caused the camberley defence problems as he rolled the ball back for dave tarpey to side foot the ball in from 8 yards to regain chertsey's lead! once again when chertsey are leading they got control of the game but couldnt find the 3rd goal, kwabena aygei came off the chertsey bench and held the ball up well in the last 10minutes to secure the runners up spot and end the season on a high for the curfews!

Someone might correct me on this but I think in the this lge has been won with a team achieving more than 100 points.so 92 pts would not be enough to win it previous seasons,sorry if I'm wrong;)

Hw 2 2 eversley - 2 shots and two goals from eversley there keeper kept them in the game

[/quote

not at our best today but with 6 out a point was a good result for the boars. Possession wise thought u edged it but our keeper kept us in it.... I dont think so! one great save from Luca our normal resie keeper but u only had 3 shots on target all game. At the end thought we could have nicked it but that would have been harsh on you chaps.

Have to say for me Cambo were a superior side to Chertsey but Chertsey had 2 players who would make a difference to any side in this division. O'Regans strike for the 1st gaol was superb and a joy to see and his run matched with the finish from Tarpey for the 2nd was nearly as good. Other than that Justin made 1 save while for periods of both the first half and 2nd half Cambo dominated possession.

Well played to Chertsey for finishing 2nd in the league although they way they celebrated you would think they are going up ......

chertsey 2-1 camberley

Someone might correct me on this but I think in the this lge has been won with a team achieving more than 100 points.so 92 pts would not be enough to win it previous seasons,sorry if I'm wrong;)

Absolutely correct Pearcy - the lowest points total to win the Premier Divsion with 22 teams was the 96 achieved by Bedfont Green last season. Prior to that Merstham got 110 in 2007/8, Chipstead 99 in 2006/7, Godalming 97 in 2005/6 and AFC Wallingford 104 in 2001/2.

92 points would only ever be enough for runners-up, but well done to Chertsey anyway :)

Edited by Green_Fingers

Bedfont Sports 9 - 0 Crescent Rovers

Not a great game, sports were 7 - 0 up at half time

Cobham 3-0 South Park

Superb performance from a injury hit side. youth players galore. Not sure if South Park had their strongest side out but we were outstanding!

HT

Sheerwater 1 - 1 Knaphill

FT

Sheerwater 1 - 2 Knaphill

Badshot Lea 4 Epsom and Ewell 1

A strange afternoon. I've never felt so positive about a performance in which we lost 4-1 . One of the main subplots was our thin line up on the bench - anorexic actually just a 41 year old manager who made his 100 th appearance some 17 years after his 98 th. He had to play 70 mins following a bad challenge by a Badshot player resulting in a suspected broken ankle for our player. No yellow card was issued.

In the circumstances we played really well took the lead with a good goal by Andy Amfo Brobbey who rode a 1 on 1 challenge with the goalie to score. I'm glad he didn't go down because we just could not have trusted todays referee to make even the most obvious decison correctly ,. We could have gone 2-0 up with a last ditch goalline clearance, Badshot then made their physical advantage up front count and went 2-1 up , made it 3- 1 from a mystery penalty and then 4-1 from a header just before the end .

The referee then went potty and booked nearly everybody in the ground for dissent including a second yellow for our manager.(he was knackered by then) I am admittedly a reformed ref basher and have been much more supportive of them lately but you would have to travel many a long mile to see a refereeing performance worse than that . If I were that ref I would be truly embarrassed by that performance. I hope that puts the fellers performance two weeks ago into context for the Badshot fans .