Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 1st May

Bedfont Sports 9 - 0 Crescent Rovers

Not a great game, sports were 7 - 0 up at half time

Cobham 3-0 South Park

Superb performance from a injury hit side. youth players galore. Not sure if South Park had their strongest side out but we were outstanding!

ALSO... Dover 0-0 Woking (2-1 agg win for woking)

Sorry couldn't resist. Was in and out the bar all day wishing I was there. Play off final next Sunday if your at a lose end at Bath City.

Is that because your suspended YHW? :smilewinkgrin:

Badshot Lea 4 Epsom and Ewell 1

A strange afternoon. I've never felt so positive about a performance in which we lost 4-1 . One of the main subplots was our thin line up on the bench - anorexic actually just a 41 year old manager who made his 100 th appearance some 17 years after his 98 th. He had to play 70 mins following a bad challenge by a Badshot player resulting in a suspected broken ankle for our player. No yellow card was issued.

In the circumstances we played really well took the lead with a good goal by Andy Amfo Brobbey who rode a 1 on 1 challenge with the goalie to score. I'm glad he didn't go down because we just could not have trusted todays referee to make even the most obvious decison correctly ,. We could have gone 2-0 up with a last ditch goalline clearance, Badshot then made their physical advantage up front count and went 2-1 up , made it 3- 1 from a mystery penalty and then 4-1 from a header just before the end .

The referee then went potty and booked nearly everybody in the ground for dissent including a second yellow for our manager.(he was knackered by then) I am admittedly a reformed ref basher and have been much more supportive of them lately but you would have to travel many a long mile to see a refereeing performance worse than that . If I were that ref I would be truly embarrassed by that performance. I hope that puts the fellers performance two weeks ago into context for the Badshot fans .

These E&E supporters - nothing but whinge ;)

chertsey 2-1 camberley

a good result to end the season for chertsey as they finish runners up and finish with a very good tally of 92points, which in most other seasons would have been enough to gain promotion but all credit to ngu! a good game of football played between two very good footballing teams, chertsey dominated the first half and deservidly took the lead when a well worked free kick was rolled back to the ever dangerous tom o regan who sweeped the ball into the net, with joe johnson and ronnie green on the camberley wings they always looked dangerous but chertsey could have increased there lead on a couple of occassion before the break! the failure to kill off sides when on top is probably the main reason chertsey havnt won the league, and once again let there opponents come out in the 2nd half with more pressing of the chertsey defence and they equalised early!!a low cross from the byline went under liam stones arms and dom worthington facing his own goal could only divert the ball into his own net. camberley then gained control of the game as chertsey looked nervous, but another run from tom o'regan caused the camberley defence problems as he rolled the ball back for dave tarpey to side foot the ball in from 8 yards to regain chertsey's lead! once again when chertsey are leading they got control of the game but couldnt find the 3rd goal, kwabena aygei came off the chertsey bench and held the ball up well in the last 10minutes to secure the runners up spot and end the season on a high for the curfews!

Someone might correct me on this but I think in the this lge has been won with a team achieving more than 100 points.so 92 pts would not be enough to win it previous seasons,sorry if I'm wrong;)

maybe not but then again the champions always seem to win the league by 10/15 sometimes even 20 points so my point was that if you look at the points total for the runners up over the last few years, our total of 92 would probably be enough to win the league , that was my point, and pearcey i said id be on here to terrorise you about the other night but it all seems a bit late now but here we go..................... lets all do the keeper, lets all do the keeper, la la la la, la la la la, joking aside quality keeper, give as much as you get and who knows spencer might come knocking in the summer, well if he wants to make a dvd!!!!!

Badshot Lea 4 Epsom and Ewell 1

A strange afternoon. I've never felt so positive about a performance in which we lost 4-1 . One of the main subplots was our thin line up on the bench - anorexic actually just a 41 year old manager who made his 100 th appearance some 17 years after his 98 th. He had to play 70 mins following a bad challenge by a Badshot player resulting in a suspected broken ankle for our player. No yellow card was issued.

In the circumstances we played really well took the lead with a good goal by Andy Amfo Brobbey who rode a 1 on 1 challenge with the goalie to score. I'm glad he didn't go down because we just could not have trusted todays referee to make even the most obvious decison correctly ,. We could have gone 2-0 up with a last ditch goalline clearance, Badshot then made their physical advantage up front count and went 2-1 up , made it 3- 1 from a mystery penalty and then 4-1 from a header just before the end .

The referee then went potty and booked nearly everybody in the ground for dissent including a second yellow for our manager.(he was knackered by then) I am admittedly a reformed ref basher and have been much more supportive of them lately but you would have to travel many a long mile to see a refereeing performance worse than that . If I were that ref I would be truly embarrassed by that performance. I hope that puts the fellers performance two weeks ago into context for the Badshot fans .

These E&E supporters - nothing but whinge ;)

Fair point (re internet) on the day we remained fairly docile behind the goal and were even telling players not to say anything to a ref who had clearly lost the plot .I think your lot might have spontaneously combusted in similar circumstances . To rebalance in the circumstances of who was able to turn up and how many were out of position we put on a really good performance which I was proud of and it didn't deserve a 4-1.

See you next year - somewhere with less spare seats.

Interesting programme notes from Mr Day today....... I know a number of people at the club aren't happy with them. Good win today.

Why's that CF? Chertsey have had a decent season, a very good run in the Vase and maybe even done their flagging reputation some good along the way. I guess Mr Day will personally be disappointed with not winning the championship and forgetting what he's invested financially he, like all managers, will have given it everything in time and effort to try and deliver for the club. The best team wins the league and somebody has to finish runners-up, doesn't say anywhere you have to like it.

Bedfont Sports 9 - 0 Crescent Rovers

Not a great game, sports were 7 - 0 up at half time

Cobham 3-0 South Park

Superb performance from a injury hit side. youth players galore. Not sure if South Park had their strongest side out but we were outstanding!

We had a few out but no excuses best side won, thought the big lad upfront was awsome.....and Jurgs made some good saves smilewinkgrin.gif

Here come the champions! Congratulations to NGU on winning the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3N-Ow8BdOk

WELL DONE TRS, ANOTHER GOOD COVERAGE WHERE NGU CELEBRATED BEING CHAMPIONS IN STYLE.

I WAS THERE ALSO YESTERDAY TO SEE NGU'S LAST MATCH AGAINST MOLESEY AND WHAT A GOOD FOOTBALLING GAME, WITH 2 GOOD FOOTBALLING TEAMS A REAL CREDIT TO THE CCL.

A GAME IN CAN BE SAID OF 2 HALVES. MOLESEY HAVING THE LIONS SHARE OF THE FIRST HALF AND DESERVEDLY WENT AHEAD FROM A LONG THROW HEADED HOME BY THEIR CENTRE BACK, THEN IN FAIRNESS THE MOLES WILL WOE THEIR MISSED GOOD CHANCES TO FINISH THE GAME OFF. AT THE OTHER END THE MOLES KEEPER PULLED OFF A FINE SAVE SO IN REALITY THEY SHOULD HAVE GONE IN 3-1 AT HALF TIME THROUGH THEIR DOMINANCE AND POSSESSION.

BUT LIKE TRUE CHAMPIONS GOING DOWN THE HILL, NGU FORCED MOLESEY ON THE BACK FOOT, AND WITH THE MOLES LOOKING TIRED AND LEG WEARY (I SEE THEY PLAYED THURSDAY AT COVE WITH 10 MEN FOR OVER AN HOUR) WHICH COULDN'T HAVE HELPED THEIR CAUSE YESTERDAY, NGU STARTED TO DOMINATE AND SCORED THE EQUALLISER FROM A SCUFFED SHOT FROM NGU NO. 9 WHICH WENT UNDER THE MOLESEY DEFENDERS BODY. APART FROM THE OCCASIONAL BREAK FROM THE MOLES IT WAS LOOKING LIKE THEY WOULD HOLD OUT, BUT LIKE SO MANY TIMES NGU GOT THEIR LATE, LATE WINNER IN THE 88TH MINUTE TO SECURE THE WIN.

NGU....NICE PEOPLE, NICE CLUB BUT WON'T MISS THE JOURNEY GETTING THERE..........MUCH !

CONGRATULATIONS NGU AND GOOD LUCK NEXT SEASON WHATEVER LEAGUE/DIVISON TO GO TO

1-0 win with Blazer scoring the only go midway into the 2nd half. A very much end of season game but nice to go out on a winning note

Congratulations to everyone involved at North Greenford & good luck next season

Edited by aupostie

Cove 1 Croydon 1

Typical end-of-season game on a bobbly pitch between 2 sides who desperately want the season to finish. That said, it was a reasonably entertaining game. Cove had the better of the first half, and took the lead with a highly contentious penalty just before half-time. Referee evened things up in the 2nd half with a questionable free-kick award for the Trams, which Kevin Dalrymple took full advantage of. We had our chances after that, but 1-1 was probably a fair refelection over the 90

I have managed to get through the whole season without seeing a single Trams win! :(

Congratulations to North Greenford well deserved title.

Went to the 2nd place play off at Chertsey. Thought Camberley started well and went behind against run of play when O'Regan scored a beauty after a well worked free kick, excellent goal as ball was bobbling around and he still struck it great. Chertsey then had better of rest of half and looked dangerous when they went forward with O'Regan and Tarpey looking sharp.

2nd half Camberley were better side equalised when Chertsey keeper dived over cross and cb put in his own net. They then had chances to win it but the front 2 could still be there now and not have scored, for me that us Camberleys weakness. O'Regan then beat full back and crossed for Tarpey to tap home for winner before in final minute Muir missed a great opportunity to level but somehow put wide of an open goal from a yard. Good game though, good atmosphere, thought camberley deserved at least a point but O'Regan made difference. Heard that he had signed a 2 year contract at Chertsey???? What is he thinking, he is way too good fit thus level and shows a lack of ambition on his part. Dropping 6 levels with his ability is sad to see. Whoever advised him needs shooting!!!

Chertsey appealing NGUs promotion according to programme and they certainly took saturday seriously calling Tarpey and Agyei back the latter only on bench. Had brief chatcwith him while he was warming up, nice fella and can fully understand why he came back for the game.

Clubhouse done up well and a good afternoon. Next year will be a good one in CCL, talking to a few of Camberleys old supporters their manager is on way with reserve manager taking over. Chertsey, Camberley, Egham, Badshot Lea, Molesey, Epsom and Croydon going to have good crack at league next year with decent finance. Add Guildford if they sort out the manager and discipline and next year could be tighter than this one.

Fair summary there SF.

TBH I wouldnt listen to our "old" supporters as they are miserable. IF PB went I would be very surprised if the Reserve manager got the job and IF he did I wouldn't personally put us amongst the favourties.

Chertsey could of done a good bit of business,by tying Tom O'Regan up on a Contract,but like S/F said, very suprised that he has lowered his sights.

But in saying that El Gaffer found a Player for Merstham,that no one else wanted,and he ended up at Lincoln City,alas he was not on Contract.

Edited by Smudge

Fair point Smudge but would Lincoln have been interested if he was on a contract, knowing they would have to pay a fee in these current economic times I doubt he would be at Lincoln now if he was on a contract. Are clubs going to take a risk paying money for a step 5 player??

Have Cove benefitted from having their lads on contract? Personally cannot see why any club at this level would have players on contract and even more so why any good player would sign a contract at this level unless clauses were massively in his favour regarding higher clubs approaches.

Have to agree with the points you have raised S/F,but if the Chertsey thing is true,which I have my doubts.At least we will be able to see 1 class Player next season,worth the Admission alone just to see him play at this level. Kwabena Agyei is one of the nicest individuals anyone will ever meet in Non League,have had the pleasure of his Company over the last few years at Chipstead,and Merstham,a GREAT LAD.Always give you the time of day,and buy you a drink,unlike some I could mention.

Edited by Smudge

Tend to agree SF I can never see the benefit of contracts. The one thing with ORegan will be his temperament when some cloggers in this league starts kicking him around. Will he take it or will he get wound up and get sent off when he retaliates.

If he is at Chertsey it should put extra people on the gate just to watch him.

Ash Utd 1-0 Bedfont

Colliers Wood Utd 6-0 Dorking

Badshot Lea 4-1 Epsom & Ewell

Chessington & Hook Utd 4-0 Horley Town

WELL THAT'S IT ! BOTTOM CLUBS FATE HAS BEEN DETERMINED

IT''S CONFIRMED BY WAY OF 2 WINS AND 11 GOALS TO BOOT IN THEIR LAST 2 GAMES, WELL DONE TO COLLIERS WOOD WHO HAVE ESCAPED BRILLIANTLY (CURRENTLY 37 PTS WITH 2 GAMES TO PLAY), TO GET OUT OF THE BOTTOM 3 RELEGATION ZONE SO CANNOT BE RELEGATED,

SO THE BOTTOM THREE THIS SEASON ARE :

20 TH. BANSTEAD (35 PTS)

21 ST. BOOKHAM (CURRENTLY 31 PTS) WITH 1 GAME TO PLAY

22 ND. DORKING (CURRENTLY 20 PTS) WITH 1 GAME TO PLAY.

UNFORTUNATELY DORKING WILL BE RELEGATED, BUT COULD BANSTEAD AND BOOKHAM GET A REPRIEVE ? IT APPEARS THAT MAYBE ONLY MOLE VALLEY SCR CAN BE PROMOTED FROM DIV. 1 AS THEY PLAY AT COBHAM.

2 CLUBS WERE RELEGATED LAST SEASON WITH GUILDFORD CITY GETTING A REPRIEVE.

NOT TOO SURE ABOUT KNAPHILL WHO CAN GET INTO THE TOP 3 ? DO THEY HAVE THE FACILITIES TO BE PROMOTED INTO THE CCL PREMIER DIV ?

COULD IT BE THAT A TEAM MAY MOVE SIDEWAYS FROM ANOTHER LEAGUE TO TAKE BANSTEAD AND BOOKHAM PLACES BY THE LIKES OF BRACKNELL, AFC HAYES FOR EXAMPLE ?

WHATS YOUR OPINION ON THIS WHITELAW AND KNAPMEISTER ON KNAPHILL FC - CAN YOU ASSIST PLEASE ?