Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cove FC

can it be done at this level of football???

At premiership/championship level you have good back room staff/assistant manager. You dont have that luxury at ccl level!

We gonna change this record about Dunc's??? Its getting boring and a bit childish to be honest.

Dont know who would take over. Pre season is always a bit of a minefield. Cove have had 3 good seasons with 2 cup wins, runners up in a cup, a 4th and a 6th place league finish. I'm hoping we have

what it takes to attract a decent manager (if koo does move on) and decent players this season.

Having played for Duncs I think he is more than capable of taking over if he wants to. Needs a good number 2 but every manager would like that.

I agree with JJ about changing the record. Ok some people may disagree with Duncs opinions on here but he has always been honest and open, even when he dropped me. Duncs is liked and respected by quite a few people on here and has earned our respect.

JJ it could be done at this level easier than higher up. Just need that good assistant.

ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!

Assistant manager needed !! Apply here!!

Please dont apply. Its just a joke!! No doubt some numpties will send their CV in. If you send your CV in i will post it on here. That seems to be the done thing nowadays!!

J.J. After last years Flooding at Cove F.C.,has your pitch had loads of work done on it over the break.Where Cove successful in any Compo Claims from the Water Board etc.And after T.R.S. video of your wordly strike in Cup Final,have you had many offers of a move,to a higher standard.

Edited by Smudge

J.J. After last years Flooding at Cove F.C.,has your pitch had loads of work done on it over the break. Break?? What break?? Tuesday 4th May was the last 1st team game on the pitch and i know for sure there were cup finals on it after we finished. The groundsman and volunteers are doing their best to get the pitch ready for the start of the season. We have poor water pressure at our ground due to sharing it with the houses next door. It would cost thousands to sort it out! We hope for lots of rain and lots of sun as we had 2 years ago. Pitch looked amazing back then. That was the year i joined Cove.

Where Cove successful in any Compo Claims from the Water Board etc. We were successful as the water board were to blame but we got next to nothing in compo. Also, the club were fined by the brewery for not selling enough beer during the closure of the club and ended up being out of pocket even after the compo. SH1T HAPPENS!!

And after T.R.S. video of your wordly strike in Cup Final,have you had many offers of a move,to a higher standard. I think at nearly 33 my boat has sailed! I've had 1 or 2 clubs from higher up enquire about what i am doing next season but no firm offers.

Played a 5 a side tournament yesterday at Fleet Spurs. My team consisted of mainly Cove players, plus Brunty. We won the tournament and i scored another worldy volley from 15 yds out. Fleet Town entered plus every local name from CCL Prem and CCL1. A team that consisted of 3 Rushden and Diamonds players entered too. 1 team had a Turkish international that is currently at Reading playing for them.

Think i've peaked too late!!

Cannavaro has been the Player of the World Cup for me so far,37 years of age,your just a baby at 33.So you would of won that 5 a side easier if you could of replaced Brunty,still suits Brunty's style,not having to run to far.

Cannavaro has been the Player of the World Cup for me so far,37 years of age,your just a baby at 33.So you would of won that 5 a side easier if you could of replaced Brunty,still suits Brunty's style,not having to run to far.

You are jesting Smudge surely? Excellent player in the past, but getting past it now. Nice to see him exchanging shirts with Shane Smeltz yesterday though!! Has any other player scored a goal in the Surrey Senior Cup final AND scored in the World Cup finals??

Scored the winner in the final!! :bootyshake::futbolbud2:

Edited by Brunty84

as i've said before Koo hasn't left Cove so all of this speculation can stop, as I have said you can all come along to Frimley Lodge park on saturday and see us all in the flesh,oh and Ian M will you come along as well and help me carry the bags please.