Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Westfield FC Ground redevelopment

Just to update you all on whats happening at ours this season because at the moment it looks like ground zero

The pitch width has been reduced to minimum length ( Same as Mersthams) and moved accross along with the lights towards the current clubhouse. Obviously we've had to do a lot of returfing and seeding so whilst parts iof the pitch mainly the middle will be it's usual superb self other parts particularly the sides will be a bit of a bodge job this season so apologies in advance.

On the far side of the pitch the new clubhouse will be built. . The reason it's so big as next door will house a community building for the boxing club etc, We are hoping to complete our home fixtures as early as possible as during next summer the pitch will be dug up lasered and raised and moved back accross and the old clubhouse will be demolished.

Please see below the latest 3d visuals.

post-4984-071020700 1278917202_thumb.jpg

post-4984-045040400 1278917223_thumb.jpg

post-4984-004867500 1278917241_thumb.jpg

looks a bit like Horley's ground.

You just beat me too it, JJ.

I wonder if it was designed by the same architect ?

Have to say looks very impressive but like TC said, is there a provision for a stand? What about hard standing, dug outs, post and rail, i know the lights will be there. What about a provision for a safe walkway for players/officials to and from the pitch, i know most clubs have not got that!

You state it will be ready in the summer but according to the contractors it wont be ready until the autumn? Neverthess its impressive and will be the best facility in the area at this level providing it includes some if not all the above.

Ground looks great.

How is the team starting to look though. I heard through the grapevine that quite a few of the 'big name' signings that you were hoping for and played for you in friendlies have started to drift and sign for other clubs already. Ruggles, Panter, Hodgson and Wintermay are all going back to their other clubs.

Is this right??? Be a shame.

Have to say looks very impressive but like TC said, is there a provision for a stand? What about hard standing, dug outs, post and rail, i know the lights will be there. What about a provision for a safe walkway for players/officials to and from the pitch, i know most clubs have not got that!

Yes the stand is on the other side along with the dugouts. There will be hard standing behind the goals. As the ground will be enclosed there will be no need for post and rail. As far as i'm aware the ground will be up to Ryman standard.

You state it will be ready in the summer but according to the contractors it wont be ready until the autumn? Neverthess its impressive and will be the best facility in the area at this level providing it includes some if not all the above.

End of August hopefully.

Edited by Non League Nigel