Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedfont Sports v Chertsey town 13th July

Both Duncs and Pearcey both know that is rubbish-the vast amount of money that has gone in Chertsey has gone into the Clubhouse, changing room, pitch and debts. Duncs son knows what he was on and we couldn't afford Pearcey even though I have tried a couple of times. This preseason we have been outbid by Egham and Badshot Lea for a couple players and both have much bigger budgets than us and last season was no different. Our current players will tell you that we have cut the budget again. Playing for Chertsey will not be about money whilst I am there and I am very pleased with the attitude of the current playing squad. The future at this level is a sensible budget with youth players coming through and as it was widely reported we had six players under 19 in our team at the end of last season and we have added another two this preseason. Like everyone else we are seriously struggling with the economic crisis and have to make sure the club is around in the long term and a great youth policy plus other incomes such as club rental and sponsorship are vital.we also have the benefit of not having to pay any rental for our ground which does give us a financial advantage over most but don't try and heap pressure on us when numerous other clubs spend a lot more than we do. I am proud of where CTFC stands right now, we have already come a long way and aim to be challenging again this season for the League and the Vase.

No Krooner just sick to death of other clubs trying to avoid pressure by heaping it on us. Your club paid the same as us for the last two seasons and by all account only this season have dropped their budget-the CCL is a good standard at present as there seems to be some decent budgets around and most of the top half of the Premier divison could handle the next step up financially, its just a shame only one up each season which lets stagnant step 4 sides escape relegation for years, but that is another story.....

Both Duncs and Pearcey both know that is rubbish-the vast amount of money that has gone in Chertsey has gone into the Clubhouse, changing room, pitch and debts. Duncs son knows what he was on and we couldn't afford Pearcey even though I have tried a couple of times. This preseason we have been outbid by Egham and Badshot Lea for a couple players and both have much bigger budgets than us and last season was no different. Our current players will tell you that we have cut the budget again. Playing for Chertsey will not be about money whilst I am there and I am very pleased with the attitude of the current playing squad. The future at this level is a sensible budget with youth players coming through and as it was widely reported we had six players under 19 in our team at the end of last season and we have added another two this preseason. Like everyone else we are seriously struggling with the economic crisis and have to make sure the club is around in the long term and a great youth policy plus other incomes such as club rental and sponsorship are vital.we also have the benefit of not having to pay any rental for our ground which does give us a financial advantage over most but don't try and heap pressure on us when numerous other clubs spend a lot more than we do. I am proud of where CTFC stands right now, we have already come a long way and aim to be challenging again this season for the League and the Vase.

And where is your youth set up now Spence....Lyne fc. by any chance....Look m8 I hope your money buys what you crave so stop this I dont pay more than x y z ...good luck to you but just admit it and win the league......

And Pearcey after todays result for you (and as everyone seems to take great importance in early preseason games!) I will see you at training on Tuesday! (Only joking Fatboy before you get on your pure white high horse!)

2 1/2 stone lighter now thanks to the jamie Lawrence running sessions,i think after our chat in the summer you have finnaly got your pay structure right!

Remember what I said?????

I'm like a good wine I become better and more expensive with age! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha see you on the 27th

And Pearcey after todays result for you (and as everyone seems to take great importance in early preseason games!) I will see you at training on Tuesday! (Only joking Fatboy before you get on your pure white high horse!)

2 1/2 stone lighter now thanks to the jamie Lawrence running sessions,i think after our chat in the summer you have finnaly got your pay structure right!

Remember what I said?????

I'm like a good wine I become better and more expensive with age! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha see you on the 27th

TBH CT I know about much as our wage structure as I do about yours :) You just seemed to get a little bit worked up about it so always good for an easy bite ;)

Ha ha. You are so full of sh1t is scary. When you signed the Bamford brother's it was all about the money, same with McLeish etc etc etc. There is nothing wrong with playing cheque book footy, but to deny it makes you look very very foolish.

Hit a nerve have I FatBoy? Bamfords came because Gav wasn't in Asfords team and their money was way less last year, the only full season with us and Mcliesh was only with us for a few months and returned to BG for more money! Sums you up, you know nothing and just sling insults-waste of time even trying to have a debate with you so I won't bother

So we can take it Chertsey have the biggest budget again as £25K a week.:grin:: closely followed by Cambo on £24.9K

Good luck CT and to all those with massive, small and no budget, it does give us some great debates and a few giant bites :grin:

Edited by Teflon

calm down CT I was just saying how I would feel if i was you theres no need to get yourself wound up.I think what you are doing for Chertsey is great but it must be costing you a lot of money in the CCL, you would get a bigger return for your money in the ryman (larger gates etc.)so if you have all these wonderful players (as you do) why do you think promotion has eluded you , I think most people would point the finger at the manager and his team.If I was him I would have wanted to win this league by a country mile and not have to rely on administation [****!!****] ups by the FA.

Hey CT.... Clubs in the fortunate position with big budgets will always take stick as per BG a few years ago ...The Chairman at BG last year watched a geme and stated that non league football was over valued and slashed the budget as have higher level clubs as you well know. Most clubs in the CCL love the fact that you are still in it so they can have a cup final and beat the so called money men. Enjoy the banter as it is all because a lot of clubs would like to be in Chertseys position. I do agree however that u should have gone up already by now but I also agree that whatever the budget it should be a good year in the CCL and the best team will win and by best team I mean manager, assistant, physio and all players at the club including the Chairman....

Hey CT.... Clubs in the fortunate position with big budgets will always take stick as per BG a few years ago ...The Chairman at BG last year watched a geme and stated that non league football was over valued and slashed the budget as have higher level clubs as you well know. Most clubs in the CCL love the fact that you are still in it so they can have a cup final and beat the so called money men. Enjoy the banter as it is all because a lot of clubs would like to be in Chertseys position. I do agree however that u should have gone up already by now but I also agree that whatever the budget it should be a good year in the CCL and the best team will win and by best team I mean manager, assistant, physio and all players at the club including the Chairman....

Hit a nerve have I FatBoy? Bamfords came because Gav wasn't in Asfords team and their money was way less last year, the only full season with us and Mcliesh was only with us for a few months and returned to BG for more money! Sums you up, you know nothing and just sling insults-waste of time even trying to have a debate with you so I won't bother

Whatever, you keep telling everyone that. McLeish on more money? You sure? Don't think so.

Oh and I hit a nerve.....................pot and kettle, you bite more than the England team suck

I agree with weebs,when you have money,top of the lge or the best ground/pitch(badshot lea,bg at Windsor and yeading) teams will raise their game,people will spread rumours,it's part of life and football but ct you do protest to much! As I said earlier your new pay structure is better for the side and if you do win the lge you won't be better off,when I first joined bg the players were on a win only bonus.

To repeat myself again,people like yourself and doug White at bg spend your money how you want as it's yours and your entitled to enjoy it!!

I agree with weebs,when you have money,top of the lge or the best ground/pitch(badshot lea,bg at Windsor and yeading) teams will raise their game,people will spread rumours,it's part of life and football but ct you do protest to much! As I said earlier your new pay structure is better for the side and if you do win the lge you won't be better off,when I first joined bg the players were on a win only bonus.

To repeat myself again,people like yourself and doug White at bg spend your money how you want as it's yours and your entitled to enjoy it!!

Pearcy is correct there, the players only received a win bonus that season. The championship year we rewarded those players with a basic for expenses + win bonus and managed to add one or two new players and despite all you hear, or what Mr Day would have people believe, we were way behind the likes of Chertski and Cambo budget wise. Our Chairman has often said it doesn't matter how much money other clubs have in comparison, it's all about having a manager that knows how to spend it, put simply that is the reason why Chertski remain a step 5 club.

The trouble you have at any club is these players will tell thier mates what there getting and that will then get passed about,the only people who know what I'm on is me the chairmen and the manager,my wife don't know what I earn at football or on the cab but players are happy to blab(boast) mr day knows what I was on at bg and egham as we discussed it when he wanted me to go there.

The only way both ctfc's can stop the rumours is to publish the wages of each player but you can't do that as a mans waged are private!!

So we'll have to speculate..............

i have known players move on for a tenner extra. but im sure we are all aware of the money grabbers. just see them flit from club to club.

football and being paid make normal lads turn into greedy monsters. ofton not the people you know outside the football arena.coffee%20%282%29.gif

The only way both ctfc's can stop the rumours is to publish the wages of each player but you can't do that as a mans waged are private!!

So we'll have to speculate..............

I don't see why we're mentioned in the same breath as the other CTFC on this matter.

We lost players to other clubs last season as we couldn't afford to match what they were offered. We put in approaches for others - some we got, some we didn't because we couldn't match the money we were already on.

PB wrote a piece in the programme about this near the end of the season and said Camberley had probably the seventh highest playing budget in the CCL last season. It's up to you whether you believe him or not.

If I won the lottery our budget would be higher, make no bones about it. Thing is I rarely do the lottery.

:doh: