Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedfont Sports v Chertsey town 13th July

I think you would be surprised Jonno-there were at least three other clubs paying four figures last season and a number are going for it big time this season paying at LEAST what we do. We have been outbid for at least three players already this preseason. Credit to those owners, its why the CCL is so open at the top, its just a pity than more clubs that invest money can't get up to Step 4 rather than just the one up as I have said before but that is down to the FA. At least ten of our clubs could handle themselves ta Step 4 ahead of clubs that have stagnated without much threat of relagation.

CT VERY INTERESTING COMMENTS INDEED THANK YOU.

YOU STATE THAT AT LEAST 3 OTHER CLUBS WERE PAYING 4 FIGURED WEEKLY AMOUNTS LAST SEASON, IF YOU KNOW FOR A FACT, I'M SURE WE WOULD ALL BE VERY INTERESTED TO KNOW WHO THEY WERE. FURTHERMORE, WHAT TEAMS YOU KNOW ARE ''GOING FOR IT BIG TIME'' THIS SEASON PAYING AT ''LEAST'' THE SAME AS CHERTSEY?

VERY BOLD COMMENTS CT BUT YOU DO NEED TO BACK UP YOUR COMMENTS, SO I WOULD AND I'M SURE OTHERS WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED KNOWING WHO ALL THESE TEAMS ARE ?

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR COMMENTS WITH INTEREST

THANKS CT

According to a few whispers from different sources, North Greenford's budget was about £750 last season.

JJ, ARE YOU SURE ? I HEARD THAT THEIR 3 PRONGED ATTACK, LAWRENCE WAS ON £150.00 PLUS GOAL BONUS AND THAT CERTAINLY ADDED UP + SENIOR WHO JOINED LATE WAS ON £135.00 AND PITHER WERE ON £100.00 A WEEK PLUS GOAL BONUS.

CT YOU WILL HAVE SOME IDEA WHAT DE LISSER WAS ON WHEN HE PLAYED AT CHERTSEY LAST SEASON AND LEFT FOR NGU.

IT WOULD ALL ADD UP TO MORE THAN £750.00 IN MY OPINION, BUT AGAIN IT COULD BE JUST RUMOURS WE ALL HEAR, BUT THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD WHEN WATCHING THEM PLAY 2-3 TIMES LAST SEASON.

Well Badshot and Egham are both big spenders this preseason and have heard that direct and good on them as I said before. Camberley were up there and one of their honest members thought that they would be lowering this season but I hear they have signed a number of Badshot players and they won't be cheap so maybe they have upped it again. NG were way over 750 as their manager told me although one player took a huge chunk. As I said before it is good that teams in this League have funds from owners. Hopefully it provides better football standards-the problem is that I am willing to bet that no side with a budget less than 800 will win this division hence if you want promotion then you have to pay

Far far too much speculation. I heard figures mentioned last season for Chertsey that add up to 75% of the budget that CT claims. Who should I believe ? Well I have no reason to disbelieve CT so I will go with him. As for Camberley I was told a figure by someone who I would be very surprised if I found out they were lying. As Duncs points out most pre seasons it matters not really as there is feck all we can all do about it and if people wish to spend their money like that then fair play to them.

May seem a lot of money but in Reality,should Semi-Pro Footballers do it for nothing,they must spend 8hrs a week minimum Training,Playing,Travelling,Petrol costs etc.to represent their clubs.A squad of 16 needed,so 16 times x 8 x £8 per hr =£1024.So in my opinion Referees are paid more Pro-rata than Players.

Edited by Smudge

Right lets set the record straight.....Spence I now respect you more than you will ever know and you should have told all these wanna knows to FRO. ...Look forward to our visit to Chrtesey as I may be doing the no 2 for Dev as Harps is away

ps....did you know Tom has also given his allegencce to Hrbfc but as he played for u on Sat I hope he is happy.....

Camberley have got 4 ex Badshot Lea players training down there and they are not in it for the money. The reason they are not at Badshot is because they want to stay local and not travel to Godalming for home games. They consider Camberley to be the local side with the most potential to gain promotion. Trust me they are not in it for the money and would probably play for free if needed as they have before.

Why does everyone bleat on about budgets? If you have a problem with it then bugger off to a lower level of football.

What does get me though is the ones that lie about paying. A certain manager of a local team to us in CCL1 denies whenever asked both face to face and in the media that they pay yet I know 4 otr 5 players he has offered money too

May seem a lot of money but in Reality,should Semi-Pro Footballers do it for nothing,they must spend 8hrs a week minimum Training,Playing,Travelling,Petrol costs etc.to represent their clubs.A squad of 16 needed,so 16 times x 8 x £8 per hr =£1024.So in my opinion Referees are paid more Pro-rata than Players.

Hmm interesting Smudgey. So budget for 16 players = £1,024 per week. Ok so that equates to £64 per week per player. A ref does the same as a player and gets 1 game a week and gets paid £40 ( I think). Dont follow your logic there mate ?

Hmm interesting Smudgey. So budget for 16 players = £1,024 per week. Ok so that equates to £64 per week per player. A ref does the same as a player and gets 1 game a week and gets paid £40 ( I think). Dont follow your logic there mate ?

Referees on the CCL Premier also act as assistants on the Ryman etc. This means being out of the house for a minimum of 5 hours and sometimes as much as 8 hours. Being an assistant at that level gets you the princely sum of £30.

Hardly excessive.

I think that probably the fees for officials are about right. They should get paid for the time that they devote to training (Krooner???) and their time on match days. It shouldn't be excessive though as I would like to think that we do it for the right reasons and not for the money.

What are you saying FM !!! Train twice a week. I certainly don't do it for the money and I reckon if I kept a proper P+L that I would probably just about break even over a season.

Are the fees right. I think it is difficult to judge but £100+ for a home game on officials is tough on some clubs and I do feel for the ones who really do not have any money.

Why does everyone bleat on about budgets? If you have a problem with it then bugger off to a lower level of football.

What does get me though is the ones that lie about paying. A certain manager of a local team to us in CCL1 denies whenever asked both face to face and in the media that they pay yet I know 4 otr 5 players he has offered money too

could you possibly be on about Knaphill by any chance........................................?? hmmmm. and the ex badshot lea players wont be money driven and are at Camberley as they are more of a local side and have more chance of getting promoted.

It would be interesting to know how many teams in the CCL (Prem) don't have a budget, if any? Can anyone throw any light on this?

A fella at Raynes Park Vale said they don't pay a penny which is believable. They'd like to apply for a grant to do their ground up but you need a long lease and their landlord won't give them one. Fair play to the club for managing to sustain football at this level.

Locally I've heard Sandhurst don't have much of a budget. One of their players (ex?) told me they may get some expenses every now and then but it's not guaranteed. If that's true, and I've no reason to doubt it, then you have to give them (and of course Unders) credit for finishing as high up as they did last season.

The good thing about individuals paying their own money at this level is that if they get bored or the money dries up, it's not much of a problem - the club can still continue. It's when you're at Ryman Premier level and above that you really don't want an individual funding the team. As far as I know, Camberley is run as a sustainable business. I know some people who thought they'd retired are now doing more hours than ever done the club - unpaid of course. Our bar manager has never worked so hard in his life making sure the clubhouse is utilised as much as possible to generate the money to keep the football side going.

The main thing is that clubs are paying their taxes and other bills. It's when clubs don't bother paying HMRC but manage to pay their players top money that annoys me. AFAIK we don't have that sort of thing in CCL land.