Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor 2 Slough 1

Geggy

After all of the recent negativity in the press, it was great to finally get down to football today. A welcome sight to see more than the 14 players in the squad as well :-)

Impressed with a number of Dave's signings and the existing squad players looked fit and strong. Only the first friendly, so we shouldn't read too much into it, but after all of the recent unwelcome negativity it was encouraging to get a positive result with a number of triallists. I'm sure next week's game against Maidenhead will be a bigger test than today's lower league opposition, but having said that Slough certainly looked to have their strongest available side out and it was a good opening test for us. Hopefully now we can all look forward to the season ahead. It was interesting as well to speak to a number of the existing squad who talked about how they've enjoyed everything so far being back, somewhat contradicting a few recent forum posts.

To be honest as it was the first pre-season game and with a big change in personnel I did worry we might come unstuck against a settled side playing in their third friendly. Although it wouldn't have been the end of the world it would have no doubt affected moral a bit.

Alas I needn’t have worried. Hopefully now the doom & gloom merchants and the rumour mongers will be kept quiet for a while. All this nonsense about dis-harmony in the camp and only 14 players turning up for training turns out to be complete and utter nonsense. Dare I say the players actually seemed to have a spring in their step.

Considering we had a few away on holiday and a few more out injured, I was pretty impressed. The players from last season looked good and the new players who have come in seemed to fit in well. All in all it was a good run out for the first friendly. Lots of good performances but my MOM would have to be the big no4, I don't know who he is or if we have even signed him but he looked quality.

Obviously one swallow doesn’t make a summer and we're no doubt play against much better opposition in the coming weeks and during the course of the season but everyone has to start somewhere and yesterday was a decent start for the Mudge-Walton era.

No 4 was Ryan Bernard who seems to have been at Beaconsfield SYCOB last season. Was at Aylesbury briefly but left when Byron Walton left.

Match Report gives Pearce as 1st scorer whereas other reports gave Chennells.

http://www.wefc.co.uk/news/100717a.asp

Windsor & Eton 1 Tom MCNEILL

3 Narada BERNARD

4 Ryan BERNARD

5 Adam DICKENS

6 Michael CHENNELLS

8 Jake PARSONS

9 David PEARCE

12 Jeff BROWN

15 Jemel JOHNSON

16 A TRIALIST

17 Craig PARRINGTON Subs

1 James LARKIN

2 A TRIALIST

7 Joe CHANDIRAM

10 A TRIALIST

11 Martin WILIAMS

12 Michael EWANG

14 Chris OWENS

15 A TRIALIST

16 A TRIALIST

17 Ashley JAMES

Chris Owens was Beaconsfield's POTS last year.

Michael Ewang was at Bedford Town last year.

Edited by Rother

Match Report gives Pearce as 1st scorer whereas other reports gave Chennells.

Yeah thats my bad, apologies but with no team sheet a lot was guesswork!! Decent crowd of 175 for essentially a Park match as well.

150 from slough and 25 windsor

thought i would get in their first :smilewinkgrin:

Mal,

Who was the number 16 who played at the back and is he going to sign?...He seemed to know what he was doing, good passer, tackler and moved well. In fact all the players looked fit which is pleasing for this stage of pre-season.

Good luck to Slough this season, I think with what they had yesterday and with a couple of players to return they should have a very good season.

For me... Number 4, number 2, Dave Pearce, Tom McNeil and Jake Parsons all played well. Pearce looked stronger than last season, Parsons walked rings around STFC because he don't have to run as his fitness levels were much higher!

Number 4 looked solid and good in the air. Number 2 was very quick & skillfull & McNeil made is all aware he is more than suitable between the sticks.

Slough looked half decent, able to play with us but don't think they could match us. We had many more shots on and off target, commanded the wings and never really looked worried I Slough had a break. I'm sure they'll enjoy there season but I expect Thatcham and Hungerford will do well in that league!

For me... Number 4, number 2, Dave Pearce, Tom McNeil and Jake Parsons all played well. Pearce looked stronger than last season, Parsons walked rings around STFC because he don't have to run as his fitness levels were much higher!

Number 4 looked solid and good in the air. Number 2 was very quick & skillfull & McNeil made is all aware he is more than suitable between the sticks.

Slough looked half decent, able to play with us but don't think they could match us. We had many more shots on and off target, commanded the wings and never really looked worried I Slough had a break. I'm sure they'll enjoy there season but I expect Thatcham and Hungerford will do well in that league!

Hovis, I reckon you must of had a few sherberts, during the game and when you wrote the above drivel!

Hovis, I reckon you must of had a few sherberts, during the game and when you wrote the above drivel!

He must have had a few, he reckoned your lot looked half decent!