Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harpenden Town FC

Big geoff, I as you was at the game on Tuesday and although i was disappointed with the result I must say that is the best performance I have seen against us by a Harpenden team in many seasons. when you lost your skip to a red card we tried to put as much pressure on your defence as possible but could not break through, yes partly our own fault through poor finishing but in the main down to the never say die attitude of your teams defending. You also have a strong team spirit which showed when you scored the 3rd goal and the whole team ran off to the bush to jump on your manager who Mr Hazel had decided to banish from the ground rather than just from the dugout, I am sure if your team continues to show the determination, desire and togetherness they showed Tuesday for the rest of the season it could well be a good season ahead for you boys.......... Oh and i forgot they can also play some good footballat times :grin:. We have got to come back to you twice more over the next couple of months with the youth so see you then.... Just make sure you get that draught sorted :31:

Big geoff, I as you was at the game on Tuesday and although i was disappointed with the result I must say that is the best performance I have seen against us by a Harpenden team in many seasons. when you lost your skip to a red card we tried to put as much pressure on your defence as possible but could not break through, yes partly our own fault through poor finishing but in the main down to the never say die attitude of your teams defending. You also have a strong team spirit which showed when you scored the 3rd goal and the whole team ran off to the bush to jump on your manager who Mr Hazel had decided to banish from the ground rather than just from the dugout, I am sure if your team continues to show the determination, desire and togetherness they showed Tuesday for the rest of the season it could well be a good season ahead for you boys.......... Oh and i forgot they can also play some good footballat times :grin:. We have got to come back to you twice more over the next couple of months with the youth so see you then.... Just make sure you get that draught sorted :31:

:applaus:

well said fella..................nice to see someone truthful in defeat

We played them in Pre-season & I have to say they were the best side we have come across so far. It was all square at h-t although I have to admit that they did have the upper hand. 2nd half we lost 2 players to a already heavily depleted team & they ran riot. They've got pace & strength pretty much all over the park & their right winger was definitely a classy player who could play in the SSML Prem.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the promotion places in May.

There was a post on the TK forum to say they face relegation due to ground grading at the end of the season. Have they got much to do? 4 club in Div 2 have lights / groundshares in place so there could be some pressure on Div 1 clubs to get their grounds up to scratch.

See the Town had another good win today. Has to be their best start to a season in years. Who is the manager over their now? Looks like he is doing a good job.

Really think it will be Harpenden or Hoddy for the league this year. :excited:

Love the Game - I admire your enthusiasm but I agree with Robbie that you are being a bit previous especially where Hoddesdon Town are concerned

See the Town had another good win today. Has to be their best start to a season in years. Who is the manager over their now? Looks like he is doing a good job.

Harpenden's Manager this season is a guy called Ryan Thompson. I don't know too much about him but he seemed a decent enough bloke we played them.

Love the Game - I admire your enthusiasm but I agree with Robbie that you are being a bit previous especially where Hoddesdon Town are concerned

Rhodes- My tip for Div 1 is Hoddy or Harpenden. It is just that a tip. I am guessing you have not seen Hoddy play this pre-season/season..

With regards to Harpenden i have not seen them this year but have been following their results through out pre season and the last few games and they look good for a say in the title shout.

Does anyone now if the centre back is still Andrew Saul? He is a top centre back and should be playing alot higger.

Harpenden's Manager this season is a guy called Ryan Thompson. I don't know too much about him but he seemed a decent enough bloke we played them.

Ex Park Street manager i do believe.......as are all of the new players over at Harpenden.

Mr Saul is still playing for them.....i think he got his marching orders the other night!

Ex Park Street manager i do believe.......as are all of the new players over at Harpenden.

Mr Saul is still playing for them.....i think he got his marching orders the other night!

if the manager can bring any of the success he had at Park St to Harpenden Town then im sure they will be in for a good season.....they managed another win yesterday but i think you'll only really be able to see how good they are when they come up against the likes of Berkamstead and London Colney.

as for Mr Saul, the red he got the other night was nothing short of shocking, his first yellow was for a headbutt he got from the centre forward....he is the captain down there, and supported by 2 young lads from Park St the defence looks solid ...I would cert suggest taking a look at them this season, could be the suprise package

Harpenden notched another 4 last night to make it 14 in 4 games. There will be goals in this one, First real test for a young harpenden side gonna be a good game!!!

I have to agree with you big geoff, i feel there will be goals in this one too.... I have been a supprter of non-league football for many years now and i have been very impessed with harpenden this season its great to see them doing well for a change and long may it continue.

They show great fight & determination all over the park i was espeically impressed with there ''Owen Hargreeves'' lookalike up front.. he is a very cultured forward with bags of abilty

I was at the Stony Stratford game and they showed great character to win after being a goal down... there defensive unit looked strong and the two centre halfs really caught my eye.

Saturday will be a tough game however i do feel that harpenden could give berko a run for there money....if they can put in the honest hardwork they have shown recently it has all the makings of a craker!!!

I am looking forward to my first visit to Harpenden Town on tuesday night when they entertain London Colney.. i hear they have a tough pitch and a hostile atmosphere a bit like Wimbledons Plough Lane all those years ago... ;)

All the best !!!

DADDIO