Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 31 August/1 September

Tuesday 31 August

FA Cup Preliminary Round Replays

Cockfosters v Cheshunt

FC Clacton v Colney Heath

Premier Division

Broxbourne Borough v St Margaretsbury

Chalfont St Peter v Kentish Town

Hanwell Town v Hillingdon Borough

Haringey Borough v Harefield United

Kingsbury London Tigers v Hertford Town

Langford v Biggleswade United

Stotfold v Oxhey Jets

Tring Athletic v Holmer Green

Division 1

Kings Langley v Holmer Green

London Colney v Stony Stratford Town

St Albans City Reserves v Harpenden Town

Reserve Division 1

Harpenden Town Reserves v Langford Reserves

Oxhey Jets Reserves v London Colney Reserves (7.30pm)

St Margaretsbury Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

Wednesday 1 September

Premier Division

Aylesbury United v Leverstock Green

Hadley v Hatfield Town

Division 1

AFC Dunstable v Ampthill Town

London Lions v Sun Postal Sports

Sport London e Benfica v Welwyn Garden City

Wodson Park v Bedford

Reserve Division 1

Amptill Town Reserves v AFC Dunstable Reserves

Cockfosters Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

Holmer Green Reserves v Hadley Reserves

Stotfold Reserves v Hatfield Town Reserves

1 2 Cockfosters v Cheshunt [ Preliminary Round - Replay ]

1 5 FC Clacton v Colney Heath [ Preliminary Round - Replay ]

Premier Division

4 4 Broxbourne Borough v St Margaretsbury

2 0 Chalfont St Peter v Kentish Town

3 0 Haringey Borough v Harefield United

0 5 Kingsbury London Tigers v Hertford Town

1 2 Langford v Biggleswade United

2 3 Stotfold v Oxhey Jets

2 1 Tring Athletic v Holmer Green

Division One

1 3 Kings Langley v Crawley Green

4 1 London Colney v Stony Stratford Town

2 2 St Albans City Reserves v Harpenden Town

Was at the Stotfold game this evening. Talk about smash and grab!

Oxhey took the lead inside the first 10 minutes when they took advantage of a defence mistake. After 25 minutes they were awarded a penalty to go 2-0. Stotfold pulled one back before half time with a superb through ball and cool finish. It was 45 minutes of end to end action.

The second half was all Stotfold. And I mean ALL Stotfold. They must have had 80% of the possession. Try as they might they couldn't find a way through. They hit the bar, had the ball cleared off the line a couple of times, the keeper made some good saves and they wasted numerous other chances. Eventually the pressure paid off when they were awarded a penalty in the 80th minute. 2-2 and only one team was going to win it. Another 10 minutes of solid pressure and numerous more missed chances. In the 92nd minute Oxhey broke upfield for their first attack of the second half. They won a corner and as the clocked ticked passed 93 minutes the ball was fired across the goal, found an unmarked player and was lashed in to the roof of the net.

I still don't know how Stotfold failed to take all 3 points from this game!

As a neutral it was a superb night's watching.

PS : This post was created in a soft fruit free environment.

Tuesday 31 August

Cockfosters v Cheshunt

FC Clacton v Colney Heath

Premier Division

Broxbourne Borough v St Margaretsbury

Chalfont St Peter v Kentish Town

Haringey Borough v Harefield United

Kingsbury London Tigers v Hertford Town

Langford v Biggleswade United

Stotfold v Oxhey Jets

Tring Athletic v Holmer Green

Division 1

Kings Langley v Holmer Green

London Colney v Stony Stratford Town

St Albans City Reserves v Harpenden Town

Reserve Division 1

Harpenden Town Reserves v Langford Reserves

Oxhey Jets Reserves v London Colney Reserves (7.30pm)

St Margaretsbury Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

Wednesday 1 September

Premier Division

Aylesbury United v Leverstock Green

Hadley v Hatfield Town

Division 1

AFC Dunstable v Ampthill Town

London Lions v Sun Postal Sports

Sport London e Benfica v Welwyn Garden City

Wodson Park v Bedford

Reserve Division 1

Amptill Town Reserves v AFC Dunstable Reserves

Cockfosters Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

Holmer Green Reserves v Hadley Reserves

Stotfold Reserves v Hatfield Town Reserves

surely a trip to potters bar for the hadley v hatfield town game must be on your agenda this evening Rhodes??....................

Cockfosters 1 Cheshunt 2

FA Cup

Not a brilliant game but entertaining all the same which Cheshunt just about shaded on the night. Fosters battled well and didn't look a side two steps down from the Ambers. Fosters took the lead and a shock was on the cards but Cheshunt equalised just before half time...great save from fosters keeper in the first half too.. Cheshunt scored in the 2nd half and that was that... Despite pressure the home side just couldn't get a decent chance in on goal.

Chalk Lane was packed as FA Cup glory visited.

Report and highlights will be posted soon on the cold end...

now tonight - wodson park or Sport London????

hanwell 0 hillingdon 3 hillingdon looked very organised. could do with less people round the side of the pitch, telling players what to do.coffee%20%282%29.gif

have to agree, probably the best side we have faced this year so far, very organised, hard formation to play against and will do well this year def.

Last nights attendances and two reports, I was surprised by the poor official attendance at Cockfosters:

Tuesday 31 August

1 2 Cockfosters v Cheshunt

1 5 FC Clacton v Colney Heath

Premier Division

2 0 Chalfont St Peter v Kentish Town

0 3 Hanwell Town v Hillingdon Borough

3 0 Haringey Borough v Harefield United

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=117070&conf=&div=

0 5 Kingsbury London Tigers v Hertford Town

1 2 Langford v Biggleswade United

2 3 Stotfold v Oxhey Jets

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

Division 1

1 3 Kings Langley v Crawley Green

4 1 London Colney v Stony Stratford Town

2 2 St Albans City Reserves v Harpenden Town

Reserve Division 1

2 1 Harpenden Town Reserves v Langford Reserves

2 3 Oxhey Jets Reserves v London Colney Reserves

6 1 St Margaretsbury Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

Premier Division

A brief report on this one from another's Forum, the cheeseburgers at Tring Athletic appear a little pricey!:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER

Tring Athletic 2-1 Holmer Green

Admission £5.00 Programme £1.00 Very dry cheeseburger £2.50

Tring's 100% record stays intact for a few more days (at least) thanks to two first half goals; the second being a particularly delicious chip that had me fooled (not that that takes much doing). Holmer Green's effort proving little more than a consolation as IMO Tring were undoubtedly the better side.

Three clubs still have 100% records - Chalfont St. Peter, Tring and Royston. Unfortunately at least one of those will go on Saturday as Tring host Royston. I know which one I'd rather have come up to join us next season

1 5 FC Clacton v Colney Heath

A comprehensive report on this one from another's Forum:

FA Cup (E.On) Preliminary Round Replay

FC Clacton V Colney Heath

Score: 1-5 Att: 108 (a few from CH) KO: 1945

Cost: £6 Progs: Yes

Weather: Chill in the air.

Venue: Rush Green Bowl, Rush Green Road, Clacton-on-Sea.

I think the clubhouse may have been done up. It looked quite nice. 3 tv screens showed Sky Sports live cricket before the match.

First proper tannoy I've come across this season playing music. The line-up's were also read out.

Match: 20th out of 22 in Ridgeons Eastern Counties League Premier Division V 14th out of 23 in Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

Shots in 1st half 4-10. Straight from kick-off CH went all out attack with many early chances. They later had a shot cleared off the line on 23mins & a shot deflected just wide on 32mins. FCC had a shot volleyed just wide on 12mins & a curled effort wide on 32mins. Kevin Ashwood (CH) scored on 37mins, 0-1. A lot of protests from FCC players saw the GK get a yellow card. More protests minutes later when a penalty was awarded to CH. Ian Cooper scored from the spot on 43mins, 0-2.

Shots in 2nd half 6-7. Sean Hillier (FCC) shot in the corner on 50mins, 1-2. A long ball was played & the GK managed to get a good hand on an attempted lob but the ball fell to Ian Cooper (CH) to tap in on 55mins, 1-3. From a corner CH headed powerfully against the bar. CH were awarded another penalty for a trip. Ian Cooper scored again from the spot to complete his hat-trick on 83mins, 1-4. Jamie Eames (CH) shot thru a crowded goalmouth on 89mins, 1-5. FCC shot just wide on 94+mins.

CH fully deserved the win in a very open game. They attacked almost non-stop. FCC got 5 yellow cards & done a lot of arguing. They appeared to be frustrated by the ref.

Stood with Keith, an Orient fan I know. Didn't see UKPunk at the game. After game I had sausage & chips at the Fish Inn which were nice.

Sjj2112 - I didn't think you liked the use of cliches, what made you go to Stotfold of all places last night.

Premier Division

Has to be the best game I have watched this season. A game with 2 teams who both had bad results at the weekend and both needing some points. 4 goals, 1 40 yard wonder goal, a Ref who thought for every goal scored 2 players had to be booked in return and a manager sent off!!!!!

This local derby game started with a fast tempo with Broxbourne being the team on top for the first 20mins but only getting the 1 goal for all their hard work and I felt the goal come from a bad pass and a bit of bad goalkeeping but that is not to take anything a way from Broxbourne who took the goal well. Broxbourne carried on the attacking but got no rewards for the hard work.

I really thought that St Mags were now going to have a real bad night as they could not string a pass together for love or money...Then out off no-where St Mags played a nice bit of football 4 nice passes with the last being driven across the box bang in the back on the net 1-1 Game on.

Then bring on the 40 yard wonder goal, started of with the St Mags right back who played a nice bit of 2 touch football with the centre midfield, who in turn went on a strong run through the middle of the park playing a nice one two with the centre forward and then the lad who i only know as Ted let rip with a unstopable 40 yard strike left the keeper for dead as it hitt the top right hand corner of the net. Enter the Ref - The lad Ted who had hit this great goal thought it would be a good idea to show his 6 pack to the crowd after hitting a stunning goal, BOOKED. The ref showing no common sense here i feel. 2-1.

There were a few tackles going in, nothing nasty, just tackles that you are going to see in a local derby but the Ref thought different and thought he would wave the cards around.

Second Half both teams came out looking for the win and at times both playing some nice football, must say Broxbourne No7 has to be the fastest player in the league the boy is rapid. Due to his speed casuing a few problems Broxbourne where able to get the second from a freekick, I feel though the St Mags keeper should have turned the ball over the bar rather then onto the head of the forward. 2-2

Within in 2 mintues St Mags hit a reply with right winner cutting in from the by line and smashing the ball into the net with his LEFT foot. 2-3.

Within a mintue Broxbourne broke down the left wing and slung a cross in with the St Mags keeper stuck on his line the Broxbourne forward headed home from 6 yards out. 3-3 (3 goals in 4 minutes)

Some more bookings were thrown in again as a goal had been scored..Come on ref behave. I think the linesman felt left out so he grassed up the St Mags manager for swearing at the ref..Manger sent off. The other linesman then felt left out so grassed up the Broxbourne's No8 for the same thing Booking!!!!

Bang Broxbourne hit St Mags with a well worked goal. 4-3. And here we go Refs got his book out again.

St Mags still having the upper hand pushed on looking for the goal to get the drew and yet again the right winger cuts in a bang Left foot again into the far corner...have that 4-4. With 2 mins to go.

Just before full time the ref gets his book out and in goes another name.

Full time 4-4 great game for fans. Think St Mags would have taken the point at the start of the game, as for Broxbourne don't think they will be happy with the result but i think they should be grateful for the point.

Premier Division

Has to be the best game I have watched this season. A game with 2 teams who both had bad results at the weekend and both needing some points. 4 goals, 1 40 yard wonder goal, a Ref who thought for every goal scored 2 players had to be booked in return and a manager sent off!!!!!

This local derby game started with a fast tempo with Broxbourne being the team on top for the first 20mins but only getting the 1 goal for all their hard work and I felt the goal come from a bad pass and a bit of bad goalkeeping but that is not to take anything a way from Broxbourne who took the goal well. Broxbourne carried on the attacking but got no rewards for the hard work.

I really thought that St Mags were now going to have a real bad night as they could not string a pass together for love or money...Then out off no-where St Mags played a nice bit of football 4 nice passes with the last being driven across the box bang in the back on the net 1-1 Game on.

Then bring on the 40 yard wonder goal, started of with the St Mags right back who played a nice bit of 2 touch football with the centre midfield, who in turn went on a strong run through the middle of the park playing a nice one two with the centre forward and then the lad who i only know as Ted let rip with a unstopable 40 yard strike left the keeper for dead as it hitt the top right hand corner of the net. Enter the Ref - The lad Ted who had hit this great goal thought it would be a good idea to show his 6 pack to the crowd after hitting a stunning goal, BOOKED. The ref showing no common sense here i feel. 2-1.

There were a few tackles going in, nothing nasty, just tackles that you are going to see in a local derby but the Ref thought different and thought he would wave the cards around.

Second Half both teams came out looking for the win and at times both playing some nice football, must say Broxbourne No7 has to be the fastest player in the league the boy is rapid. Due to his speed casuing a few problems Broxbourne where able to get the second from a freekick, I feel though the St Mags keeper should have turned the ball over the bar rather then onto the head of the forward. 2-2

Within in 2 mintues St Mags hit a reply with right winner cutting in from the by line and smashing the ball into the net with his LEFT foot. 2-3.

Within a mintue Broxbourne broke down the left wing and slung a cross in with the St Mags keeper stuck on his line the Broxbourne forward headed home from 6 yards out. 3-3 (3 goals in 4 minutes)

Some more bookings were thrown in again as a goal had been scored..Come on ref behave. I think the linesman felt left out so he grassed up the St Mags manager for swearing at the ref..Manger sent off. The other linesman then felt left out so grassed up the Broxbourne's No8 for the same thing Booking!!!!

Bang Broxbourne hit St Mags with a well worked goal. 4-3. And here we go Refs got his book out again.

St Mags still having the upper hand pushed on looking for the goal to get the drew and yet again the right winger cuts in a bang Left foot again into the far corner...have that 4-4. With 2 mins to go.

Just before full time the ref gets his book out and in goes another name.

Full time 4-4 great game for fans. Think St Mags would have taken the point at the start of the game, as for Broxbourne don't think they will be happy with the result but i think they should be grateful for the point.

A very good report i must say..........i do like the bold that i have highlighted....."the linesman feeling left out" was a favourite i must admit!

I think that report just about sums the whole game up!

I got there at 3-3 due to working late. That ref has always been useless which is why, I assume, he is still stuck in the SSML!!

Both benches were constantly complaining about the sh*t decisions and they are the ones that get punished, not the idiots that are winding them up with basic mistakes

Rant over, first point on the board... hopefully onwards and upwards

Oxhey took the lead inside the first 10 minutes when they took advantage of a defence mistake. After 25 minutes they were awarded a penalty to go 2-0. Stotfold pulled one back before half time with a superb through ball and cool finish. It was 45 minutes of end to end action.

The second half was all Stotfold. And I mean ALL Stotfold. They must have had 80% of the possession. Try as they might they couldn't find a way through. They hit the bar, had the ball cleared off the line a couple of times, the keeper made some good saves and they wasted numerous other chances. Eventually the pressure paid off when they were awarded a penalty in the 80th minute. 2-2 and only one team was going to win it. Another 10 minutes of solid pressure and numerous more missed chances. In the 92nd minute Oxhey broke upfield for their first attack of the second half. They won a corner and as the clocked ticked passed 93 minutes the ball was fired across the goal, found an unmarked player and was lashed in to the roof of the net.

I still don't know how Stotfold failed to take all 3 points from this game!

As a neutral it was a superb night's watching.

PS : This post was created in a soft fruit free environment.

A good summing-up of the game. I would have said that Oxhey broke forward at least four times during the second half...... and you had a feeling they would score at the last knockings.

Match highlights and little report of Cockfosters V Cheshunt game. Includes all three goals and a brilliant save from Danny Curbello in the Foster's goal from the first half.

Now added on THE COLD END

You tube takes a bit to process the video properly so it should be okay by about 7pm.