Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Welwyn Garden City Appoint New Manager

hope the two managers are better than they were players!!!

Football06 - I believe Welwyn Garden City's Assistant Manager played in the same Youth Team as David Beckham at Tottenham shortly before Beckham joined Man United so I'm not entirely sure where you are coming from, have you got him mixed up with somebody else

Forgive me then i must be mistaken..Are they not the two that played for london benfica?

Because i thought the assistant played right back for them and the manager used to come on and round around a little..If i am right then dont forgive me...

dont forget...........one was a star performer for Amersham

I dont think we should take what Mr Rhodes says too personally....i have a feeling he is deliberately trying to get a reaction from some of you. And lets face it the forum wouldnt be the same without him.

Went to the Hertford - Harefield game the other night and what a different side the Hares are this season! what has happened?

a team thats changing from week to week, hopefully it will settle down soon. you can see most of the old team playing for waltham casuals.

yes rhodes if you are going to become a regular visitor to herns lane, im sure you will be welcomed with open arms as you will put their bar takings up by about

85%, the toilets are in need of a good scrub and you will put the average attendance up to about 16 you nonse case

Also if you bring a few hundred bags of soil to fill in the rabbit holes!!!!

GO ON THE CITY!!!!!!

No-one like us!! - Surely words like 'nonse' are uncalled for, I expect that from the likes of Keeps but other members are usually civil.

In relation to the rivalry between Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield Town, I believe that Welwyn Garden City are still regarded as 'top dog's' in the area and will soon return to their rightful place in the Premier Division, if not this season then certainly next.

No-one like us!! - Surely words like 'nonse' are uncalled for, I expect that from the likes of Keeps but other members are usually civil.

In relation to the rivalry between Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield Town, I believe that Welwyn Garden City are still regarded as 'top dog's' in the area and will soon return to their rightful place in the Premier Division, if not this season then certainly next.

Firstly , its not nonse -its nonce . The word comes from the prison system . Not of normal criminal element is the meaning ! Secondly , you personally , know nothing about the rivalry between Hatfield and Welwyn on or off the field , so stick to football . Of course they shouldn't react to your stupidity but sometimes you should educate yourself before you post ! .. ......

how do you know 'certainly next season'. Unless welwyn sign about 15 new signings they aint going nowhere, they have found their new home.

Anyway if they do find these 15 players who want to play for cheats, by the time they have found them their ground is not going to be upto premier

division standards so div 1 for the next 20 years it is then!!!!!

you personally , know nothing about the rivalry between Hatfield and Welwyn on or off the field

Well I know that Hatfield Town only came into their own as a Football Club when they won the Herts Senior County League Premier Division in 2007/2008 and got promotion to the Spartan League thanks to the groundshare arrangement with Welwyn Garden City, what had the Club actually achieved before then to even be mentioned in the same breath

Robbie has used correct procedures and has submitted the required approaches he needs to in order to get the players he wants from other clubs. Robbie is also within his rights to speak to his friends whenever he chooses and some of these do play for other clubs.

One game visited, one LOL, no one stupid enough to give you a lift to, someone buy you a beer on your visit, all this Welwyn Garden Centre trivial Rhodes, do they know your history, almost burning Haringey to the ground, burying the Manor before doing a runner with the £8.50p gate takings for the entire 2009/10 season.

Mind you with your vision and knowledge, your success and NVQ's in public lavs, I guess soon the visit of Chelsea to Herns Lane will be a regular occurance......but before anyone gets too excited it would be more like Welwyn Garden CENTRE v Chelsea Flower Show.

:409: :doh: :doh:

Ref Off Ref - You really have a strange sense of humour, keep it up and you'll be giving the predictable Michael McIntyre a run for his money. It's true that I couldn't get a lift to Buckingham on Saturday for love nor money but you have to admit it was an excellent win at Stratford Fields fortress with a squad of players who hadn't even trained together previously

you personally , know nothing about the rivalry between Hatfield and Welwyn on or off the field

Well I know that Hatfield Town only came into their own as a Football Club when they won the Herts Senior County League Premier Division in 2007/2008 and got promotion to the Spartan League thanks to the groundshare arrangement with Welwyn Garden City, what had the Club actually achieved before then to even be mentioned in the same breath

Malcolm Doctor ! ........ Now start your research !

Also Hatfield Town must have thought all their Christmas's had come at once when Kings Langley were unable to gain a deserved promotion in 2008/2009 and they were promoted to the Premier Division despite finishing a distant third

Robbie has used correct procedures and has submitted the required approaches he needs to in order to get the players he wants from other clubs. Robbie is also within his rights to speak to his friends whenever he chooses and some of these do play for other clubs.

No he has not , the player i am talking about is neither a friend, or did you go through the proper channels .

If the new wgc manager persists in contacting players at other clubs without going through the correct proceedure, then ROBBIE, you are going to cause yourself some problems, and i would think you have got plenty of them already.

Patrick - What Club do you represent out of interest and what are the correct channels in your book, to be honest I think you are getting a little carried away as players at our level aren't exactly in the Jaap Stam league are they

Would anyone from Welwyn Garden City like to confirm that Rhodes as he claims has recently been offered a job by the club? If as Rhodesy claims this is so do the club realise that not only will they become the outcasts of the league but also that after about 6 - 8 months you'll join the infamous Rhodes Hate List?

Is it really worth it for a bog cleaner?

Also Hatfield Town must have thought all their Christmas's had come at once when Kings Langley were unable to gain a deserved promotion in 2008/2009 and they were promoted to the Premier Division despite finishing a distant third

Yeah your right Rhodes, it was totally out of order of us to take up the option of going up as we only finished 3rd. After the amounty of hard work that went into that season from our manager and players we should have let the team in 4th go up instead just so to keep you happy as it really is all about you isn't it. Maybe they should rename the league Rhodes South Midland League as you are the only one with worthwhile opinions. You know nothing about us as a club, instead you feed off silly little rumours like the one your little play thing Jonno told you. You have been offered a trip to Gosling, maybe you should seriously think about taking up the offer and seeing for yourself or just shut up as no one really cares what you think........