Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Welwyn Garden City Appoint New Manager

If the new wgc manager persists in contacting players at other clubs without going through the correct proceedure, then ROBBIE, you are going to cause yourself some problems, and i would think you have got plenty of them already.

Patrick - What Club do you represent out of interest and what are the correct channels in your book, to be honest I think you are getting a little carried away as players at our level aren't exactly in the Jaap Stam league are they

Your level Rhodes, no one is at your level, not even WGC and they are the lowest of the low. WGC are well known for doing things the wrong way, liars, cheats, not to mention all the money that has dissapeared from the club over the years, illegal tapping up is nothing!!

Town - Of course I have only just taken over the reins at the club, however it would be useful if you were to able to provide proof of some of the wrong doings over the years!? If not it is just hearsay and it would be nice if you stopped slagging the club off. I'm certain lots of clubs have lots of secrets and things that dont want in public. If people want to keep slagging WGC go ahead, I wont enter into a slagging match about other clubs and it wont alter what I want to achieve. - Thanks for your time and anger :flame:

Edited by Robbie

Also Hatfield Town must have thought all their Christmas's had come at once when Kings Langley were unable to gain a deserved promotion in 2008/2009 and they were promoted to the Premier Division despite finishing a distant third

is this the same kings langley that had to kick off at 2pm on a saturday afternoon coz they had no floodlights (which is an absolute liberty by the way). So teams could not always have players at their disposal as some people have to work on saturdays.

So at least hatfield done things by the book that season, so looking back on it all, yeah we probably did deserve promotion that year. And 3rd is so distant, all them 2 teams above you!!!!

Town - Of course I have only just taken over the reins at the club, however it would be useful if you were to able to provide proof of some of the wrong doings over the years!? If not it is just hearsay and it would be nice if you stopped slagging the club off. I'm certain lots of clubs have lots of secrets and things that dont want in public. If people want to keep slagging WGC go ahead, I wont enter into a slagging match about other clubs and it wont alter what I want to achieve. - Thanks for your time and anger :flame:

Theres no anger, none at all, i just don't think you realise what kind of club you have got involved in. For starters they played numerous ringers over the last few seasons, in a local derby of all games which the chairman knew about and tried to cover up. Best of luck to you but i cannot see how the club will ever go forward and what ever you want to achieve you will struggle. The club has so much more than what we have at Hatfield, namely your own ground but the way its run is criminal and no matter what Rhodes says, in terms of being back in the premier, not for a long long time.....

Your level Rhodes, no one is at your level, not even WGC and they are the lowest of the low. WGC are well known for doing things the wrong way, liars, cheats, not to mention all the money that has dissapeared from the club over the years, illegal tapping up is nothing!!

TOWN - Don't you think that is a little extreme, how about when Steve Newing and Del Deanus were at Herns Lane, look what they achieved in a very short space of time and had the so called 'dynamic duo' stayed then the Club would be playing in the Ryman League Division 1 North this season instead of the SSML Division 1

TOWN - Don't you think that is a little extreme, how about when Steve Newing and Del Deanus were at Herns Lane, look what they achieved in a very short space of time and had the so called 'dynamic duo' stayed then the Club would be playing in the Ryman League Division 1 North this season instead of the SSML Division 1

Never in a million years Rhodes. You don't know how the club is run. They would never have had the finances to win the South Midlands. Yes they did well at WGC but the club is a joke and Deanus and Newing im sure deep down will agree that it was a stop gap to better things (by the way they both knew about the infamous ringer situation as it was there player who was involved, and was down as playing for Enfield under 18s the same night!!) it will never get out of the South Mids and i would be very suprised that this time next year the current manager had gone and WGC are in an even worse state than they already are (if possible).

Well I see that Saturday's impressive 2-0 win at Buckingham Athletic is all over the Welwyn & Hatfield Times like a rash so things can't be all bad, Sun Postal Sports must be quaking in their boots at the prospect of welcoming Welwyn Garden City to Bellmountwood Avenue on Saturday:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/sport/football/welwyn_garden_city_return_to_winning_ways_1_684080

They would never have had the finances to win the South Midlands

TOWN - What would they have needed finances for, high quality players from Step 3 and 4 level were queuing up to play for Steve and Del at Herns Lane for nothing

Well I see that Saturday's impressive 2-0 win at Buckingham Athletic is all over the Welwyn & Hatfield Times like a rash so things can't be all bad, Sun Postal Sports must be quaking in their boots at the prospect of welcoming Welwyn Garden City to Bellmountwood Avenue on Saturday:

http://www.whtimes.c...g_ways_1_684080

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/sport/football/lawrence_nets_a_brace_as_hatfield_town_triumph_1_685027

oh shock horror rhodes, hatfield have that exact same article. What are you getting at, it is a welwyn hatfield paper as suggested by the tittle

so it is going to have both teams, they do not favour either side.

And why do you have to blow up everything you say. Its not all over the paper is it, it is a half a page just like hatfield get, so for once jus say it how it actually is.

Also 2-0 is very impressive against a very dangerous side in bucko athletic!!!!!!!

Haha Rhodes visiting Gosling is like a Nun taking a trip to a brothel, it ain't ever gonna happen.

And if Welwyn have offered Rhodes a job it won't be long before the club are mentioned in the 'Where are they now'

http://www.whtimes.c...g_ways_1_684080

http://www.whtimes.c...riumph_1_685027

oh shock horror rhodes, hatfield have that exact same article. What are you getting at, it is a welwyn hatfield paper as suggested by the tittle

so it is going to have both teams, they do not favour either side.

And why do you have to blow up everything you say. Its not all over the paper is it, it is a half a page just like hatfield get, so for once jus say it how it actually is.

Also 2-0 is very impressive against a very dangerous side in bucko athletic!!!!!!!

A very good Bucks Ahletic team who have one game in the last six games and lost to a ADL side Walton Court Wanderers 6 - 2 in the B&B Cup

Anyone from Welwyn Garden City prepared to back up Rhodes claims to have been offerd a job by the club?

How do the club feel about his previous record or do they feel that record enables a perfect fit for the Club and Rhodes? I'm thinking that Rhodes has been involved with clubs who have been quite happy to play ineligible players and ringers when it suits them and what will that say about Welwyn Garden City.

Please see most recent thread entitled "Tokyngton Manor" for relevant discussion.

I'm thinking that Rhodes has been involved with clubs who have been quite happy to play ineligible players and ringers when it suits them

Loosely - Aren't you referring to Kentish Town in 2008/2009 long after I had left the Club

oh shock horror rhodes, hatfield have that exact same article. What are you getting at, it is a welwyn hatfield paper as suggested by the tittle so it is going to have both teams, they do not favour either side.

No-one likes us - Is this the post you are referring to, I wasn't aware that it warranted a reply. The Welwyn & Hatfield Times do appear to favour Welwyn Garden City in its coverage, like I said I think the general consensus is that Welwyn are still the top dogs in that little corner of East Hertfordshire despite Hatfield Town's elevation to the heady heights of the SSML Premier Division in double quick time.

It doesn't seem that anyone from WGC is keen to back up Rhodes claim to being feted by the club, perhaps it's just the usual hot air from Rhodes.

Talking of hot air, did we ever thoroughly investigate these allegations that Rhodes, Haringey and a box of matches may have been at the bottom of his leaving that club under a cloud? Was it a cloud of smoke?

How much do WGC pay in insurance premiums at present?

Loosely - You are just clutching at straws and throwing dirt hoping that some of it might stick, you're a desperate man aren't you

Just asking question Rhodesly, why, how much dirt do you mind accumulating?

Not really about you though is it? It's about whether WGC really have offered you a job cleaning their loos and whether they know what they are getting into.

Can't see a rush to back you up.

Also Hatfield Town must have thought all their Christmas's had come at once when Kings Langley were unable to gain a deserved promotion in 2008/2009 and they were promoted to the Premier Division despite finishing a distant third

Yeah your right Rhodes, it was totally out of order of us to take up the option of going up as we only finished 3rd. After the amounty of hard work that went into that season from our manager and players we should have let the team in 4th go up instead just so to keep you happy as it really is all about you isn't it. Maybe they should rename the league Rhodes South Midland League as you are the only one with worthwhile opinions. You know nothing about us as a club, instead you feed off silly little rumours like the one your little play thing Jonno told you. You have been offered a trip to Gosling, maybe you should seriously think about taking up the offer and seeing for yourself or just shut up as no one really cares what you think........

These threads do become very boring after a while gents/ladies. And whilst there are a lot of posts that we call all comment on in this thread, I think the fact that Hatfield got promoted whether third or not doesnt really matter. What they have done since that does matter. They have performed well in the league and therefore deserve credit for that. The continual slighting of their attendance is quite funny but wears thin and their drinking culture is either here nor there. They have a loyal fan base which a lot of clubs crave and like all teams have had disciplinary problems at certain times. Welwyn Garden City's demise is sad and unfortunate, if they do turn things around then happy days if they dont then they will spend a lot of time in Division 1, this isnt really rocket science. With regards to the bigger club - that is a boring conversation that you hear in a pub every saturday about the premiership - the arguement can go on forever. At this moment in time it is clearly Hatfield with their league position, attendance etc - no-one even bother replying about history - cos that is what it is at this level.

Why dont we concentrate on talking about more important things or interesting things like who is playing well, which players are impressing, which game we look forward to this weekend, who will win the cups/league, relegation etc - although we do talk about these things on here, the threads then turn to a load of b*llocks like this one has.

Rhodes - a lot of the information you put on here is very useful and I appreciate that - however, leave some of the petty stuff alone and the rest of the people may then not bore us with your previous dealings at Haringay and whoever else you have been with.

Lets hope there is a great weekend of SSML to look forward to.