Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Welwyn Garden City Appoint New Manager

NeutralFan - Doesn't he have yours then

I wish him all the best except when they play us, Hoddesdon or Wodson!

Bloody hell Rhodes, this Rob Patwell could give Lee Scott a run for his money!

TOWN - Like I said, this is a guy who leaves nothing whatsoever to chance, leaves no stone unturned and goes that extra country mile. He will make sure all mobile phones are switched off as soon as a player sets foot on the Football Club's premises and make sure they walk upright with their heads held high and without hands in their pockets wearing silly baseball caps the wrong way round, he's refreshingly old school.

Think Rhodes you are definately 16th century origin, I mean what team kit has pockets in their shorts and a protective baseball cap to keep the rain off cheesy%20(2).gif

Edited by ref off ref

wearing silly baseball caps the wrong way round

Removed .. Rhodesy, not sure what you were angling at with your comment but it didn't read well to me!

Edited by NeutralFan

give it 2 months and we will be talking about another new manager

I'm not so sure about that, I can't see Pattwell making a fist of it at Herns Lane, he's no mug and doesn't suffer fools gladly

So Rhodes he doesn't suffer fools gladly is that why he did't tell he got the job at WGC then?

It will be interesting to see how Welwyn Garden City do this afternoon against the in form St Albans City Reserves at Herns Lane, I may well go along myself

It will be interesting to see how Welwyn Garden City do this afternoon against the in form St Albans City Reserves at Herns Lane, I may well go along myself

Lots of goals!

Did you go Rhodes?

Horace - Is the Pope Catholic. The scoreline is very misleading, Welwyn Garden City had the lions share of the play but were unfortunate to meet a Roberto Quattromini inspired St Albans City Reserves, I can't understand why he isn't in their First Team in the Conference South

Horace - Is the Pope Catholic. The scoreline is very misleading, Welwyn Garden City had the lions share of the play but were unfortunate to meet a Roberto Quattromini inspired St Albans City Reserves, I can't understand why he isn't in their First Team in the Conference South

A really close 0-5 then?

Horace - You've actually hit the nail bang on the head, all credit to St Albans City Reserves though as they are clinical on the break

TOWN - All I'm saying is cast your mind back to when Steve Newing and Del Deanus were at Herns Lane and look what they achieved in such a short space of time, Rob Pattwell is a very astute and well contacted individual who pays amazing attention to detail and doesn't miss a trick so it is a very clever appointment by the Club in my opinion

Newing and Deanus did ok, don't think they brought any silverwear in though and soon f##ked off when Enfield came calling.

Newing and Deanus came in with the club 2nd bottom of the league at the beginning of November , the club asked them if they would keep them up. They did ,finished 9th and prob would have got into the top 4 if the season had another month to run. Why wouldnt they apply for a job at a club like Enfield Town when WGC had / have no chance of progressing. They had already stepped down at the end of the season before they applied for the position at Enfield so dont think they really f..cked off did they ??

Fellabob - Clearly Steve and Del were big fish swimming in a small pond and it was only a matter of time before a Step 4 or Step 3 Club came in for them, it was obvious they would only be at Herns Lane in the short term

Newing and Deanus did ok, don't think they brought any silverwear in though and soon f##ked off when Enfield came calling.

TOWN - Well no, but had Enfield Town not come in for them Welwyn Garden City would be in the Ryman League Division 1 North this season

no they would have gone into southern div 1. brains!

TOWN - Well no, but had Enfield Town not come in for them Welwyn Garden City would be in the Ryman League Division 1 North this season

no they would have gone into southern div 1. brains!

Back to the subject of the new manager.......i hope he has a load of new players to bring in as it looks like an uphill task. Lets wish him all the best!

Horace - You've actually hit the nail bang on the head, all credit to St Albans City Reserves though as they are clinical on the break

How do you know?. Were the highlights on Match Of The Day then?

Horace - Is the Pope Catholic

Ref Off Ref - If you bother to read previous posts you would know that I was at Herns Lane on Saturday

I see that Welwyn Garden City receive far more press coverage in the Welwyn & Hatfield Times than Hatfield Town do, funny that:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/sport/football/tough_start_to_life_as_wgc_boss_for_pattwell_1_679294

Fancy a trip to Gosling on Saturday Rhodes? St Mags at home?

Thanks but I'm hoping to get to Buckingham Athletic v Welwyn Garden City tomorrow. If the official attendance at the Gosling Stadium is above 65 I will be raising my eyebrows as St Margaretsbury have no away support to speak of