Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thank you for memories

Geggy

Condolences from all at Dorking FC, though having had a long chat with KS on the phone yesterday, I feel sure W & E will rise from the ashes, and I look forward to another warm welcome from all at Stag Meadown sometime in the future.

JR.

Thankyou for your kind of words. Despite all of us Windsor fan's upset at losing our club, maybe there is amongst Windsor fans a degree of anticipation and excitement at the chances of a new begining for football in Windsor for next season. Kevin Stott has already registered a new company as a base to get started with I believe, there are a lot of "i's" to dot and "t's" to cross yet and meeting have gone well as far as I know with the Crown Estate in respect of securing Stag Meadow for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing the words ' Windsor & Eton's records have been expunged' did it for me. That final nail in the club's coffin. No joy in seeing the changes to the league table that the loss of points from other clubs caused.

Touched by so many kind words from so many people and other clubs. The irony of seeing League Clubs escape punishment running up unbelievable debts.

However, memories will always remain, and we have the spirit to recover and regain former glories - and reach further. It's vital all the supporters remain in touch with what is going on as the new club claws its way into the New Beginning. We need to turn all those thoughts into actions and energy to ensure we build a club with an even longer tenure in the town. We have the chance to engage much more positively with the town. Windsor has worldwide recognition, so let's aim to be included in that, and not simply a football club on the edge of the Great Park.

Let's grab the opportunity to make the new club greater than the one we've just lost!

Just heard the news about Windsor & Eton today, i found out recently that they were in big trouble but never thought that the club would actually die in the manner it has. I certainly never knew the club to be anything other then financially teetering on the brink. I have some tremendous memories of following Windsor home and away with some simple moments of magic mixed in amongst some genuine moments of dross.

My very best wishes to all connected with the club for the task of rebuilding from the bottom up. Windsor & Eton will never have the numbers through the gate but in terms of loyalty, passion, sense of humour and cameraderie they have the best supporters in non-league, bar absolutely none.

Hi, I've written a programme article/blog post about Maidenhead v Windsor games over the last twenty years of which I attended all but one

http://educatedleftfoot.blogspot.com/2011/02/fall-of-house-of-windsor.html

I know the results generally went Maidenhead's way but I think the last paragraph sums up the Magpies feelings about our rivalry!

A very interesting read as i remember many of those games, especially those in more recent years! i remember tony boot missing an absolute sitter in one of those games but i cant recall which one it was!

There was also the classic moment when chuck martini let the ball fly in over his head when it was being passed back to him from a drop ball but i cant recall that exact game either!

I think it's fair to say that almost all Windsor fans are greatful for the kind words on offer from so many sources following our unfortunate demise, it's all very appreciated!

Hopefully the reformed team can build up a slightly better record against Maidenhead!!

Quite a few memories from playing Maidenhead, most of them bad but there were one or two highlights.....

I remember the Boxing Day game in 93? Franks scored a equaliser and came running into the crowd, there were so many people in such a confined space that the wall or fence collapsed! After the game Windsor fans congregated by the changing room area chanting "[****!!****]lyn out". I think that was his last game in charge. In the return fixture Franks threw himself to the floor in the box in the dying minutes and duly got up and dispatched the resulting penalty to claim a unlikely win.

As for the "We hate Tories" chants, back when Windsor & Maidenhead shared a MP there was a myth (probably made up by the Lib Dems) that everyone in Windsor voted Liberal and everyone in Maidenhead voted Tory, but as Maidenhead had a bigger population it was enough for the Tories to win the seat. Of course when the boundaries were changed and Windsor got its own MP this myth turned out to be complete nonsense....

Great article, but misses my most memorable game. I was only young, but I remember it must have been mid 80's and it was a midweek cup game (I think an FA Cup replay but I could be very wrong) on a cold night at York road on a very bumpy pitch. Maidenhead went 2-0 but Windsor pulled two back before Steve "Ginger" Butler going through very late in the game, nutmegging the keeper and sending us into raptures behind the goal. I know as the memory gets older it gets better (reminds me of that saying "the older I get the better I was") but that really sticks in my memory, just oneof those moments that is frozen in time.

I guess its nice to know our club lives in other clubs' memories, be nice to get back to a stage where we could re-aquaint our rivalry

In current times all we read about is all the bad things about football, a read of our message board would show how much some people care about football and not just their own club but everyone involved. The genuine offers of entry to grounds for season ticket holders and offers to discuss about restarting the club in a more productive way from our rivals shows the true spirit of football at our level.