Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 28/29/30/31 March

Special one I assure you I'm not affiliated to padbury but did watch them sat. I agree I have defended them but will try to be impartial but dont like seeing any team vilified without reason.

I think you are the Cranfield manager or coach and have watched your team play once this term. I have nothing but admiration for the job you're doing with a young squad and limited resources. Next season should see you in a much healthier position if you stay. Continuity is what Cranfield have been lacking. Agree?

Loosely - Talking of Langford, where is Adam Wombwell plying his trade these days, do you happen to know

Clifford - Talking of making enquires I noted that you did not return the courtesy of answering this one, quid pro quo dear boy, quid pro quo..

Perhaps you wouldn't mind responding whether you will be attending any match, anywhere, anytime soon Clifford dear boy?

Tuesday 29 March

Premier Division

4 1 Tring Athletic v Hadley

A report on this one from last night, it's hardly surprising Tring won so convincingly as Melford Simpson wasn't playing for Hadley:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1511

Tuesday 29 March

Premier Division

7 1 Royston Town v Broxbourne Borough

A report on this emphatic win for Royston Town last night:

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/match-reports/match-report-royston-town-v-broxbourne-borough/

Yes spartacus i am the joint manager of cranfield united and hopefully your right about next season our form for the second half of the season suggests next year might see us half way in the table along with a few suprise additions lined up. I think cranfield will be stronger in the future with getting more sponsors involved in the club and building good relationships with local buisneses we are setting up this year and over the next 2 years hopefully by then the football club will be able to finacially support itself that was my aim for the club then people can concentrate on the football weather with me as manager or someone else as long as the club moves forward is the main thing it will still be there when im long gone but hopefully i can help the club compete more in the future.

South Midlands Reserve Floodlit Cup Semi Final

Cockfosters Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

Looks like St Mags won 3-2 in this!

st mags keeper was outstanding

Was it Matt Deamer?, if yes, Matt superb young keeper started at the club as an U13.....

A nice report from TK forum.........

Spartan South Midland League Premier Division

Kentish Town 2 Langford 3

Barnet Copthall Stadium

Gate £5 Prog £1 Att 29

These two teams have conceded 189 goals in 73 league games this season and on this showing you can see why. With more composure in front of goal there could have been 10 or 12 goals in this game. Langford were the worthy winners as they actually defended much better than Kentish Town.

Langford took the lead in the first half when a mis-hit shot found a forward unmarked and onside in front of goal. Kentish Town equalised shortly before the break with an unstoppable 25 yard shot, probably the only goal where the defences were not culpable.

Within five minutes of the restart Langford had scored twice and on both occasions it was due to Kentish Town playing an offside "line" close to half way, and being caught with a simple ball over the top. Both goals were well finished giving the goalie no chance. Kentish Town pushed to get back in the game but Langford were more likely to score and with more composure would have done a number of times. In the last 10 minutes Kentish Town upped their game and scored from corner (that should clearly have been a goal kick) with a header from an unmarked player.

Copthall Stadium is one of the largest capacity stadiums at step 5 (probably step 6 next season) due to Kentish Town sharing the facility with Shaftesbury Barnet Harriers. A large main stand and a smaller seated area on the far side plus terracing around three sides of the ground would lead to a capacity suitable for Conference or Football League. There are 12 lanes between the pitch and the stand, still much nearer than any W*** H** fans will be to the pitch if they get to move to the Olympic Stadium.

Which neatly brings me on to Kentish Town's current plight. Saracens Rugby Club have applied for planning permission to turn Copthall Stadium into a 10,000 seater stadium. They are currently planning works to the stadium that do not require planning permission and have been granted a long term lease to the site. Where this leaves Kentish Town and Shaftesbury Barnet AC I do not know, but the notes in the programme and conversations at the ground leave me to think that Kentish Town could be moved out in a year or two. Kentish Town do have a medium/long term plan along with a local youth team to develop a site for a new facility in North London.

I wish the club all the best and hope that they can continue at senior level if/when they are moved out of Copthall Stadium as the people are met tonight were a fine welcoming group of people running a community based club.

Edited by BUFC

Cockfosters Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

Looks like St Mags won 3-2 in this!

st mags keeper was outstanding

Was it Matt Deamer?, if yes, Matt superb young keeper started at the club as an U13.....

I have to agree with you on this one. The St Mags keeper pulled off one of the best saves I have seen in a long time to prevent it going 3-3.

Well done the ressies! Was it the same Cockfosters side we spanked 4-0 about 3 weeks ago?

Last night's results:

Wednesday 30 March

Premier Division

2 3 Kentish Town v Langford

Division One

1 0 AFC Dunstable v London Colney

http://www.afcdunstable.com/news.php?team_id=9&n_id=199

2 1 Crawley Green v Kings Langley

1 1 Wodson Park v Stony Stratford Town

Hertfordshire FA Intermediate Cup Final

2 1 Hadley Reserves v Cheshunt Reserves