Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre Season Friendlies

ROYSTON TOWN V HODDESDON TOWN HIGHLIGHTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOaaO-sznU

:350: How did Royston Town lose that game!

Savagebee - Like I said it was a Walsall v Arsenal, Colchester v Leeds, Hereford v Newcastle, Wrexham v Arsenal and Sutton United v Coventry all rolled into one!

Craig Bicknell - Whilst you're there would you care to comment on your two 'aborted' friendlies recently at Norwich United and at home to Stotfold Reserves, why didn't they take place out of interest

ROYSTON TOWN V HODDESDON TOWN HIGHLIGHTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOaaO-sznU

:350: How did Royston Town lose that game!

let in 2 goals

Did they! So thats how Royston Town lost the game i would never have gussed that after watching the highlights :grinarse:

To be fair the video does not show the whole truth. Yes Royston had chances but never took them, Same for Hoddy they did have chances but either took the wrong option or the final ball was just a bit light.

Hoddy matched them in the 1st half and where the better side in the 2nd half. Hence why Royston started hitting the naughty Tackles. Standen was lucky still to be on the pitch and was taken off before being sent off and the same for their left back taken off before being sent off. Yes the hoddy No 8 hit the floor more times then he had to not what I like to see but he did also get a few heavy whacks. Never a Pen in the first half the forward would not been out of place on the top Board at the local swimming pool.

Think if you ask Paul if he was happy with the way his lads played he will be honest and say No. Did Royston deserve to win? Overall No. The Royston fans in the clubhouse where all saying that Hoddy deserved the win.

I would say that the highlights do not really reflect on the overall game, but must say they are top highlights great camera work.

But hey football is all about a persons opinion and its rare to find two people with the same.

Perhaps the cold end is losing his touch!? Only joking pal...you do a grand job.

Are there any more games tomorrow evening that we know of:

Tuesday 9 August

Amersham Town v Hale Leys United (7.30pm)

Berkhamsted v Hoddesdon Town

Broxbourne Borough V&E v Wodson Park (Herts Senior Charity Shield)

Buntingford Town v Royston Town Reserves (6.30pm, at Barkway)

Caldecote v Langford Reserves (6.30pm)

Cheshunt v St Albans City Reserves (Herts Charity Cup)

Chipperfield Corinthians v Oxhey Jets Reserves (6.30pm)

Cockfosters v AFC Hayes (7.30pm)

Colney Heath v Harpenden Town (Herts Senior Charity Shield)

Haringey Borough v New Salamis

Leverstock Green v SWR Garage Doors

London Colney v Hatfield Town (Herts Senior Charity Shield)

MK Wanderers v Buckingham Athletic

New Bradwell St Peter v Aylesbury United

Northampton Spencer v Cranfield United

RAF Halton v AFC Dunstable

St Margaretsbury v Ware (7.00pm)

Sawbridgeworth Town v Kings Langley (Herts Senior Charity Shield)

P St Margaretsbury v Ware

Stony Stratford Town v Leighton Town

Tring Athletic v Redbridge

Winslow United v Hertford Town<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Pre-season friendlies don't always mean alot really not until all the players are available and that doesn't look likely at Aston until the first game of the season. They had 10 senior players missing from that game which never helps and that was with the manager in goal.

Thursday 4th August

Bierton XI 4 - 3 Aston Clinton

Risborough Rangers 3 - 0 Bierton XI

Out of the division 2 sides we've played in pre season, only Risborough look likely to mount a title challenge. We play Totternhoe this Saturday

Bierton entered two teams in to the Haddenham Village cup, one team won through to the final on the Tuesday, thus they had to play Risborough on the Thursday as the other team played Aston Clinton on the same evening. Therefore, these were not the strongest Bierton sides, yet not reserve sides, with many players still fighting for places or on the fringes. Admittedly Aston were missing players but I still can't see them being as strong as previous years with the new management and squad at hand. Having said that, we only had 12 players against Totternhoe on Saturday (many players resting for the Haddenham cup final on sunday), and after the first half an hour we matched them with an under strength side. Time will tell, the lads that played at Risborough said they were strong, particularly at the back.

Craig Bicknell - Whilst you're there would you care to comment on your two 'aborted' friendlies recently at Norwich United and at home to Stotfold Reserves, why didn't they take place out of interest

Rhodes, you are asking a sensible, logical question and yet still fail to get an answer....life's a b1tch sometimes Dick 'Ead

I wonder whether this one will be going ahead this evening being in a potential riot area immediately between Tottenham High Road and Wood Green High Road, has anybody heard anything

Rhodes, you are asking a sensible, logical question and yet still fail to get an answer....life's a b1tch sometimes Dick 'Ead

Ref Off Ref - I know you were away sunning yourself at the time, or so you claim, but surely you know why the two games were cancelled, Stotfold Reserves were all dressed up with nowhere to go last Saturday which wasn't good enough!

Ref Off Ref - I know you were away sunning yourself at the time, or so you claim, but surely you know why the two games were cancelled, Stotfold Reserves were all dressed up with

nowhere to go last Saturday which wasn't good enough!

What has any of this got to do with you Rhodes...F-ALL so mind your business...your connected to NO CLUB so F-OFF back under your rock

What has any of this got to do with you Rhodes...F-ALL so mind your business...your connected to NO CLUB so F-OFF back under your rock

Mr Angry - I'm sorry but why don't you, Craig Bicknell or Ref Off Ref just answer the question as not showing up for a game without letting the opposition know is not reflecting well on Ampthill Town

As expected this one is off tonight:

MATCH CANCELLED

Regrettably, for obvious reasons, the match scheduled for the evening of Tuesday August 9th at Coles Park against New Salamis has been cancelled.

The Essex Senior League match due to be held at Coles Park between Haringey & Waltham Development FC and Barkingside on the evening of Wednesday 10th August has also been postponed.

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/

Tuesday 9 August

Cockfosters v AFC Hayes (7.30pm)

I wonder whether this one is in danger this evening

Mr Angry - I'm sorry but why don't you, Craig Bicknell or Ref Off Ref just answer the question as not showing up for a game without letting the opposition know is not reflecting well on Ampthill Town

Are you involved at at either of those clubs Rhodes????? NO....so F-OFF

Mr Angry - But what's the big secret, that's what I don't understand