Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Richard Jolly

I see that Richard Jolly has been released by Sutton. It seems that he has been promoted at work and can't give the commitment. He is a top class striker which we have discovered to our cost especially when he was on loan at Wealdstone. I know that he would be too expensive for us which is a shame because if he had played for us last season we would have won promotion. I hope that he joins a club outside of our league so that he doesn't score anymore goals against us!!!

I doubt Jolly would end up anywhere this side of London if he has work commitments. If he can't commit to Conf South travelling then he'll probably end up back at Wealdstone if they can afford him or another local club like Carshalton or Leatherhead.

Loving the spin that Paul Doswell put on 'work commitments'. An easy get-out for a player he sent out on loan when they had a small budget issue, and a lot of players had large increase clauses dependent on promotion. Also, the players he's signed for their Conf South campaign don't come cheap.

And I'm sure it's got nothing to do with a small fall-out they had mid-season.

On the Wealdstone forum they haven't been overly excited, saying his return could cause unrest because of his wages and his loan there didn't run as smoothly as thought.. which i don't understand as he scored 11 goals in a month loan. seems pretty decent to me. Despite this i think he will go back to Wealdstone as he lives in that area. heard he couldn't train twice a week or something at Sutton, if that's the case maybe he wont even be able to get a club?

Would love to see him play for Canvey..

See AFC Wimbledon have released Jon Main. He was a quality striker a few years ago at this level and league clubs including Wolves were interested in signing him.

Didn't really work out for him at Conference level but he is still a good striker.

• 3 weeks later...

Loving the bull-crap about Jolls having a fall-out with Dos and the club. Not an ounce of truth, unless they're bloody great actors. What is true is that Jolly turned down a Conf South club who were offering the same wages as Sutton were last summer, and has stated in interviews before this summer that he's not willing to commit to travelling to far. Shame really, I hope he does well wherever he goes because he's a top guy and a decent striker. Just a shame he didn't have to much success in front of goal for SUFC.

Obviously not, since there is a thread about us started by a non-Sutton fan and rumours stated as facts about a Sutton player (albeit ex) and his relationship to the club (he hated the club so much he went on the club holiday to Mallorca and was enjoying himself thoroughly with everyone at the club's end of season bash), and you're replying to it. But obviously you don't care about us. And where did I mention Sutton league status?

But in reply to OP I've heard a rumour that Jolls is off to Wingate & Finchly as they be splashing the cash. Not that W & F will be the biggest spenders in the RPL next season, that honour will be going to carshalton in a vain attempt to make dippy Dipre look like a half-decent manager.

The comments in this thread have had more than a hint of jealousy, that's where the comment came from. Simple.

The fact we were by far the best team in the league has nothing to do with it..........................