Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Welcome back to Keith Scott and Jim Melvin

Rother

Smudge, I think you are being a little naive if you think that club finances are discussed by committee. You may have a couple of directors and an accountant who try to manage them, but generally this is not an area that is discussed openly and to be honest probably rightly so. Directors who have a financial commitment have a right to make the decisions about how to spend the money - I don't suggest that they get it right, and too often they think with their hearts not their heads ( and remember most chairman are successful business men) and get carried away with it

I hope that Kevin has learnt the lesson and will have a strong control on expenditure

Eddie ..reading rebel.... I think you need to keep out of Windsor's affairs ... I am sure the supporters of Windsor know whats going on within their club better.

all is not so clear to the outsiders... There are some supporters not happy at the return of the ex manager... they need to resolve the issue and get on with getting their season started.

good luck to all....

Edited by chris sliski

That's very sad but it's a time for change and if people can't embrace Kevin's vision for for the future and support the decisions he makes to protect his investment and nurture the new club he has formed then it's probably best they do walk away from their historical roles.

Coming back from holiday I was delighted to find we have a skilled and experienced manager proven at this level. I'd feared far worse. Having some really good former players willing to return, at this lower level, is an absolute bonus.

Now I don't pretend to have had any idea what was going on financially with WEFC, or the behind the scenes politics and arrangements that led to the former club's demise - but I'm pretty damn confident that Kevin WAS aware, at least more than anyone else here. So if he as the primary backer feels the Colonel is the best choice, I can't see why anyone else would think they know better or have more of a stake in the decision.

Of course, I'm delighted to find we have so many outstandingly moral citizens as supporters, and disappointed that they feel the need to have public sulking fits withdraw their support as a point of principle. I do hope they remember that this is a new club, founded from scratch - with a potential fanbase, sure, but without staff team, ground or league place. Or history. It's not as though WFC has obtained special advantage from the previous (over)spending of WEFC. So I don't quite know what the principle is about which they're protesting...

That's very sad but it's a time for change and if people can't embrace Kevin's vision for for the future and support the decisions he makes to protect his investment and nurture the new club he has formed then it's probably best they do walk away from their historical roles.

Coming back from holiday I was delighted to find we have a skilled and experienced manager proven at this level. I'd feared far worse. Having some really good former players willing to return, at this lower level, is an absolute bonus.

Now I don't pretend to have had any idea what was going on financially with WEFC, or the behind the scenes politics and arrangements that led to the former club's demise - but I'm pretty damn confident that Kevin WAS aware, at least more than anyone else here. So if he as the primary backer feels the Colonel is the best choice, I can't see why anyone else would think they know better or have more of a stake in the decision.

Of course, I'm delighted to find we have so many outstandingly moral citizens as supporters, and disappointed that they feel the need to have public sulking fits withdraw their support as a point of principle. I do hope they remember that this is a new club, founded from scratch - with a potential fanbase, sure, but without staff team, ground or league place. Or history. It's not as though WFC has obtained special advantage from the previous (over)spending of WEFC. So I don't quite know what the principle is about which they're protesting...

I have to agree....we all have opinions but to walk away from what is a fantastic opportunity is illogical. I hear the fixtures are due out about the 25th July so wont be long now before the big kick off!

There is a committee, and it's been in place since the new club was formed. I believe it meets every other week. The action points seem to be never-ending, but that's the challenge. It takes commitment and time to get involved in the meetings and take on roles and responsibilities (still trying to discover what le chef did in that respect, but no matter now). They seem determined to make it work.

Welcome back Keith and Jim!

But will I be wasting my Time?Having posted about other matters I think I will.It all seems Cloak and Dagger to me.

Smudge, there's nothing cloak and dagger about Windsor FC at all but questions about what are deemed to be private business matters will not get answered ie the lease! As far as your question about the previous club goes, no it was not run by a committee but was a limited company run by the previous chairman so all decisions were his and his alone. I myself implored the chairman to slash the buget on 3 occasions during the championship season but was ignored or told everything will be all right - everything wasn't all right and 118 years of history was wiped out overninght. The new club is operating under the guise of a limited company but will be run by a management committee with the idea of becoming self-sustaining within a couple of years if the plans for the 3G training pitches and other projects come to fruition.

I am an outsider too and i simply cannot work out why a chairman would throw away years of experience in helping the club and more importantly money from fans who go to the events and home and away for a manager. I didn't mind Keith Scott as a person and have no idea why people have walked out. It's one huge mess when this had the first chance the club/new club had of a fresh start and everyone pulling the same way!

I think Windsor FC supporters should say a big thank-you to Keith Scott for taking up the challenge to manage a club at step 5 with only a few weeks to form a squad from scratch. I'm pretty certain he could have taken a much easier job further up the leagues.

Don't think so. From what I hear, he was tarting himself about but got no joy.

New club my [****!!****].

Very interesting. And more than somewhat damning that such entreaties were ignored.

But hang on a minute, I thought it was all Keith Scott's fault....

(Obviously I was referring to Windsor Sec's post, prior to Fat Boy's valuable contributions.)

Edited by Rother

Thanks for your reply Windsor Sec,so you voiced your concerns regarding the unsustainable amount of money being spent on the Budget.Did you resign from the Club,and voice your opinions to Supporters.As we all know Player Budgets at all Clubs are the biggest outlay they have,how are Players brought to a Club,by a Manager.Having seen the same thing nearly happen at Croydon Ath.last year, it amazes me that Clubs,can be so naive,yes the Manager and Players shed a tear,kissed the badge,probably because they were owed Money.Did they stay and sort out the mess,NO,all had Clubs within a Week.It is very Dangerous for 1 man to have all the power in any Club,because if they get fed up,or run out of money,the Club is doomed.Likewise basing your future sustainability on Plans that are not currently earning any Revenue for the Club,is dangerous,Ashford Town(Kent) had similar grandiose Plans,that were not fulfilled,it sent them to the wall.I do hope that all works out for Windsor F.C. in the future,but sustainability is the key,only spend what you can afford.

To be honest I'm finding this thread a bit of an annoyance, there are plenty of threads on this message board about the what,why and hows of the demise of WEFC (and to be honest I'm pretty sick of reading a lot of them, we know as much as we are ever going to). I want us to learn and look forward to our new club and not dwell in the past. Kevin Stott isn't a mug he understands budgets, he understands football clubs and he has worked with Keith and Jim before so knows how they manage. I don't believe he would invest his money in to this new club if he didn't think Keith was the right man and the new business model would work. Kevin unlike a lot of people in life has "put his money where his mouth is" to use a cliché.

So can we please not have this thread hijacked and digressed as it was opened as a positive looking forward thread.

If you want to "discuss" the past go post on one of the hundreds of "I've never heard of Windsor but somehow know more than you do" threads on this board.

Sorry for the rant Malc but I'm getting sick of every positive conversation getting hijacked!

Joel,I read your previous posts which to me seemed very sensible regarding the future.A 3yr plan to enable the Club to be self sufficient,open and honest debate to be available,the not believing the Press as they cherry pick.the possibility that the Lease could be taken away by the Crown Estates as W&E had gone Bankrupt.You are obviously very happy that your requests have been met,or are you?

Very interesting. And more than somewhat damning that such entreaties were ignored.

(Obviously I was referring to Windsor Sec's post, prior to Fat Boy's valuable contributions.)

Yeah, Keith Scott is completely innocent :doh:.

He chose the players, and if there were such concerns at the club from the secretary, why did said secretary not say to the manager, I have some financial concerns about the club because of the players you are bringing in?

The whole club was to blame. The manager, who I found to abnoxious and rude by the way, was the Man U in the league of fault.

To be honest I'm finding this thread a bit of an annoyance, there are plenty of threads on this message board about the what,why and hows of the demise of WEFC (and to be honest I'm pretty sick of reading a lot of them, we know as much as we are ever going to). I want us to learn and look forward to our new club and not dwell in the past. Kevin Stott isn't a mug he understands budgets, he understands football clubs and he has worked with Keith and Jim before so knows how they manage. I don't believe he would invest his money in to this new club if he didn't think Keith was the right man and the new business model would work. Kevin unlike a lot of people in life has "put his money where his mouth is" to use a cliché.

So can we please not have this thread hijacked and digressed as it was opened as a positive looking forward thread.

If you want to "discuss" the past go post on one of the hundreds of "I've never heard of Windsor but somehow know more than you do" threads on this board.

Sorry for the rant Malc but I'm getting sick of every positive conversation getting hijacked!

Well said Joel. The decision has been made by three people and the new manager and his assistant are in place. Signings are underway. Pre-season starts imminently. We've had almost 5 months of relentless planning and activity behind (and in front of) the scenes. The supporters want to see action take place on the wonderful Stag Meadow surface. Not long now! We've moved on, and are proud we're able to play after such a short but intense time. Well done to everyone who has worked so hard to get us to this point.

Woody - your agenda is clearly different to that of the genuine fans on this forum. We all want the Club to grow and become a success , we have backed the decisions made by the Committee simply because they have the club and our future at the heart of their decisions - no one said it was going to be easy, let's face it if it was surely one of us could build the Club, spend our spare hours and weekends away from our families etc.

May I suggest - that now is the time to move on and let's get on with making our first season a good one - for our community club and for a better future.

I am an outsider too and i simply cannot work out why a chairman would throw away years of experience in helping the club and more importantly money from fans who go to the events and home and away for a manager. I didn't mind Keith Scott as a person and have no idea why people have walked out. It's one huge mess when this had the first chance the club/new club had of a fresh start and everyone pulling the same way!

I think everyone wants what's best for the new club. Some people think one thing is not the best thing and are up in arms, some think its the right thing and knew they'd loose support of long term fans and helpers! How can pushing out, weather on purpose or not, a large amount of people who made up the good bits of the old club be a good positive step forward?

Lets remember football clubs should not be about the Manager, players or chairmen but the supporters after all they are the lifeblood of any club no matter what size or how much the club has to spend!

Yeah, Keith Scott is completely innocent :doh:.

He chose the players, and if there were such concerns at the club from the secretary, why did said secretary not say to the manager, I have some financial concerns about the club because of the players you are bringing in?

The whole club was to blame. The manager, who I found to abnoxious and rude by the way, was the Man U in the league of fault.

There you go Fat Boy, from the horses mouth.

He was given a budget, did not overspend, and the club still goes bust, so who's to blame?