Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Norway Massacre

I found it interesting that Keeps started a thread about Amy Winehouse's self inflicted death yesterday yet not the murder of 92 (so far) innocent people, mostly teenagers, in Norway which made Hungerford, Dunblane and Whitehaven look like chicken feed in comparison. Prime Minister David Cameron summed it up where he said “the loss of life in Norway has been ­absolutely horrific, it’s on a scale, frankly, that is hard to comprehend. The Norwegians are old friends and allies and neighbours of Britain and, I know, that everyone in Britain will want to stand with the Norwegian ­people in the days of ­sorrow that lie ahead.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/8657475/Norway-killings-The-laughing-gunman-who-shot-85-young-victims-one-by-one.html

Basil-Don - What got me was that Anders Behring Breivik's (the killer) defence lawyer, Geir Lippestad, told the media that Breivik believed his actions 'were atrocious but that in his head they were necessary', as you say he is clearly a sick individual.

• 6 months later...

I see that Anders Breivik, who murdered 69 people, in cold blood, on the island of Utoya in July last year, and a further 8 people in Oslo when he detonated a car bomb, made a final appearance in Court prior to his murder trial on 16 April. Incredibly Breivik told the Judge that he should be honoured for perpetrating Norway's worst peacetime attack and demanded to be set free, a psychiatric evaluation found Breivik criminally insane but a second report was ordered amid criticism of the original diagnosis.

• 2 months later...

Let’s get ready to rumble folks, Anders Breivik's trial began this morning and is expected to last for over two months, just to rub salt into the victims families wounds Breivik gave a Far Right salute as he entered the Oslo Courtroom. Much of the trial is being broadcast on tv although it has not as yet been decided to allow live broadcasting of the statements by professional witnesses such as Police investigators or psychiatrists, more than 1000 journalists from Worldwide have descended on the leafy Norwegian Capital to cover the trial and the Courtroom has been rebuilt to handle the influx of International media. Prosecutors have indicated that they consider Breivik mentally insane and will seek to have him committed to psychiatric care rather than be unceremoniously jailed, there are over 1000 aggrieved parties, many of whom will go to local Courts around Oslo to watch the parts of the trial that can be televised, the full recording of the trial will be kept in Norway's National archives but should not be released or published for 25 years:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17710355

Let’s get ready to rumble folks, Anders Breivik's trial began this morning and is expected to last for over two months, just to rub salt into the victims families wounds Breivik gave a Far Right salute as he entered the Oslo Courtroom. Much of the trial is being broadcast on tv although it has not as yet been decided to allow live broadcasting of the statements by professional witnesses such as Police investigators or psychiatrists, more than 1000 journalists from Worldwide have descended on the leafy Norwegian Capital to cover the trial and the Courtroom has been rebuilt to handle the influx of International media. Prosecutors have indicated that they consider Breivik mentally insane and will seek to have him committed to psychiatric care rather than be unceremoniously jailed, there are over 1000 aggrieved parties, many of whom will go to local Courts around Oslo to watch the parts of the trial that can be televised, the full recording of the trial will be kept in Norway's National archives but should not be released or published for 25 years:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-17710355

The important thing now is that the victims families feel that they get the justice they deserve. Breivic is obviously as mad as a March Hare, and will never be a free man again, so how the Norwegian courts achieve that objective is beyond me. IMO the death sentence would be to good for him, and he should be made to rot in jail.

Okay Breivic is evil but then so is failed Iraqui Kurd Asylum Seeker Aso Mohammed Ibrahim who left 12 year old Amy Houstondying dying under the wheels of his un-licenced and un-insured car whilst driving when disqualified, he also fled the scene after hitting Amy outside her home in Lancashire in 2003. Ibrahim got just four months in jail and, surprise, surprise, won the right to remain in Britain thanks to Human Rights legislation, he later flouted his driving ban in 2006 when he was caught driving whilst disqualified and with no insurance:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1175014/Asylum-seeker-killed-girl-12-hit-run-walks-free-despite-judge-recommending-deportation.html

I see that Breivik gave his trademark Far Right salute in the Courtroom again today

I don't think his actual testimony will be transmitted live, if and when he gets round to giving it.

Interesting that he is deperately trying to prove himself sane, as under Norwegian law, the general life sentence is only 10 years, whereas, the criminally insane remain as such until they can prove otherwise.

I wonder whether Breivik will give his trademark Far Right salute in the Courtroom again today, I'm surprised he is allowed to get away with doing it as they could easily keep his hands cuffed.

I wonder whether Breivik will give his trademark Far Right salute in the Courtroom again today, I'm surprised he is allowed to get away with doing it as they could easily keep his hands cuffed.

I noticed that yesterday, as the case unravelled, his hands were cuffed all the time apart from when he gave his own submission.

Seems the prosecution will be asking for a minimum of 20 years, though I expect some 'Yuman-Rites do-gooder in Norway will then go to the European Court on his behalf !

Edited by Big J R

I noticed that yesterday, as the case unravelled, his hands were cuffed all the time apart from when he gave his own submission.

Seems the prosecution will be asking for a minimum of 20 years, though I expect some 'Yuman-Rites do-gooder in Norway will then go to the European Court on his behalf !

My understanding of Norwegian law is that Breivik can be sentenced to a maximum of 21 year if declared sane, although this can be extended by a further 5 years an indefinite amount of times. IMO it would be impossible for any responsible government to ever set this madman free.

I see that Breivik kindly refrained from giving his trademark Far Right salute in the Courtroom this morning (Thursday), he had been respectfully asked not to do it as it had been upsetting the bereaved families.

bless him

Not exactly my choice of words, Urchin, but I appreciate your irony.

I see that Breivik refrained from giving his trademark Far Right salute again today (Friday), here's a summary of today's proceedings:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/20/anders-behring-breivik-edl-trial?CMP=twt_gu