Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Opening day results!

So he politely called the Assistant Referee a cheat.

What is wrong with good manners?

He said "ur a cheat..I was well on(side)" which on the 'grand' scheme of things isn't that bad considering what is said to officials on a weekly

basis...(me included) the ref was an idiot...some really bad decisions for both sides..at half time..I called the linesmen as he was walkin to the changing room as he is someone I know..not only him but his son also..for years and the ref tried to usher him away sayin.."come on..don't

talk to them"???? WTF is that about??? Obviously some jumped up wannabe prem ref who clearly thought he was better than everyone but all he done was ruin the game?? Same old rubbish & it's only the first game....ruined both teams play...

He said "ur a cheat..I was well on(side)" which on the 'grand' scheme of things isn't that bad considering what is said to officials on a weekly

basis...(me included) the ref was an idiot...some really bad decisions for both sides..at half time..I called the linesmen as he was walkin to the changing room as he is someone I know..not only him but his son also..for years and the ref tried to usher him away sayin.."come on..don't

talk to them"???? WTF is that about??? Obviously some jumped up wannabe prem ref who clearly thought he was better than everyone but all he done was ruin the game?? Same old rubbish & it's only the first game....ruined both teams play...

It's a straight forward red card. You can't make comments like that and expect to stay on the pitch.

Even if the Assistant Referee got the decision wrong then it would be a genuine mistake. By calling him a cheat you are questioning his integrity.

What did you think would happen?

Let's hope Tuesday, Cranfield v Ampthill we have a better ref than yesterday.

Honest opinion....way out of his depth and totally clueless, and dont forget we won 4-1.

The Postal no.4 should have walked first 20, on a yellow card already he committed a further 3 yellow card offences, ie kicking the ball away at a free kick...so much so just after the 20 min mark he was subbed.

Also first half blew his whistle for what he saw as an infringement, then not knowing obviously why he'd blown consulted an assistant before giving a drop ball.

Icing on the cake, the sending off of Lea Coulter, for jokingly, not aggressively calling the linesman a cheat for disallowing a goal.

If every player got carded for saying something in the heat of the moment but not in an aggressive manner, then we'd have no one left on the pitch.

You can't go around making comments like that and expect to stay on the pitch.

Exactly PTG. No matter who the player is and on what team. Not really upholding the RESPECT campaign is it.

It's a straight forward red card. You can't make comments like that and expect to stay on the pitch.

Even if the Assistant Referee got the decision wrong then it would be a genuine mistake. By calling him a cheat you are questioning his integrity.

i agree and if he did every thing by the book it was the right decision . he was still a pr/ck

Cranfield 1 - St Albans 3

we kind of new this would be a tough fixture but we had a great start scoring in the first minute !!! city respnded very well and scored 2 break away goals to lead 1-2 inside 15 minutes. The match settled down and Cranfield were well in the game and should have at least been level at half time missing 2 guilt edge chances inside the 6 yard box. 2nd half proved to be much of the same with us pushing for an equaliser but missing chance after chance. The inevitable happened with 10 to go the very impressive pettrucci (10) citys best player by far picked the ball up deep and drove at the heart of the defence before producing a greaty pass for the forward to tap home.

Generally a good performance but with poor finnishing. St Albans if this is there team for the season will be a handfull for most teams, however i do expect them to conceed plenty.

I believe an honest view of day 1 - Tuesday will bring another tough game with our local rivals Ampthill visiting. Amptill will be well pleased and full of confidence after a 4 - 1 win against sun.

cheers pat

you are right we are really pleased with the result . with 4 players banned for the first 2 games we did think we may struggle . see you tuesday mate

So he politely called the Assistant Referee a cheat

What is wrong with good manner

He said "ur a cheat..I was well on(side)" whichon the 'grand' scheme of things isn't th

bad considering what is said to officials on a weekly

talk to them"???? WTF is that about??? Obviously some jumped up wannabe prem ref who clearly thought he was better than everyone but all he done was ruin the game?? Same old

L

Lrubbish & it's only the first game....ruined both teams play...

Even if the Assistant Referee got the decision

wrong then it would be a genuine mistake. By calling him a cheat you are questioning his integrity.

Come on...let's use abit of common sense or at least be consistent with your decisions?? He deserved no more than a yellow & a stern talkin to..I'm not saying Lee was right & trying to defend his actions but that is in my opinion very over the top??!

So he politely called the Assistant Referee a cheat

What is wrong with good manner

He said "ur a cheat..I was well on(side)" whichon the 'grand' scheme of things isn't th

bad considering what is said to officials on a weekly

talk to them"???? WTF is that about??? Obviously some jumped up wannabe prem ref who clearly thought he was better than everyone but all he done was ruin the game?? Same old

L

Lrubbish & it's only the first game....ruined both teams play...

Even if the Assistant Referee got the decision

wrong then it would be a genuine mistake. By calling him a cheat you are questioning his integrity.

Come on...let's use abit of common sense or at least be consistent with your decisions?? He deserved no more than a yellow & a stern talkin to..I'm not saying Lee was right & trying to defend his actions but that is in my opinion very over the top??!

He deserved a red card because the comment is a red card offense.

If you were to show a yellow card as you suggest, under which heading would the offense come under?

Disappointing 4-0 loss for Kentish Town on saturday to New Bradwell St. Peter. After a good preseason and some confident displays we seemed to lose focus after conceding an early goal. A good opportunity to make amends comes round quickly as we entertain sun postal on wednesday night, hopefully we can up our game and get a result our pre season efforts deserve.

really want to see the lads do well this year.

really want to see the lads do well this year

There's not much hope of that though is there

bit harsh?

some very good people at the club and support is what is needed, not to be shot down by people with agendas.

When was the last time you saw Kentish Town play? could you name a single player now? probably not.

Let the club get on with this transition period and stop digging up your old issues. i dont know you, but judging from the way people talk about you on here...,youre not exactly 'liked' ...i think thats fair to say.

KTFC has had a lot of changes in the last 6 months to a year and the players are fuly behind what is being done to get the club back to the Prem as soon as possible.

PTG.....am not an official but do believe one of the main problems at games is the inconsistencey of some officials.

For arguments sake, is kicking a ball away at a free kick deemed a yellow card offence?

If so, and already on a yellow card why did the said ref not brandish a second yellow to the player concerned?

If the last defender commits a foul and a free kick is awarded (the forward would have been clear on goal with no covering defender close), is that not a straight red card?

The offence concerned we are talking about wasn't a careless career threatening tackle, it wasn't one of violent conduct, but how often do we see these offences go unpunished?

And if an assistant flagged everytime he heard something said on the field of play, albeit not in a malicious tone, you'd have every plane in the air landing on the pitch......common sense Pete, that's all.

RoR, that's the human nature of the game you get some good ones and some bad ones. There is however no excuse for calling a match official a cheat. I prefer a quizical, non raised voice 'You sure about that one?'

Another example of differing views is in the highlights of our game against Hertford posted on here. I've seen red cards issued for the tackle our centre half did on Draper and the ref in this case didn't even give a foul. Personally I thought it was a foul and a yellow card.

One thing for sure is that officials do speak to each other and clubs and players can quickly get a reputation that can then see those decisions start going the wrong way for you. (I keep telling our manager this but he doesn't listen!!)

could you name a single player now? probably not

No but I can name Paul Williamson, Roberto Quattromini, Tommy Kanaris, Tom McMullen, Shaka Cole, Lee Scott, Thomas Looney, Dave Dawson, Javia Rivera, Jonathan Donaghue, Kelfala Fofana, Mark Doyle and Paul Butler

PTG.....am not an official but do believe one of the main problems at games is the inconsistencey of some officials.

For arguments sake, is kicking a ball away at a free kick deemed a yellow card offence? Yes.

If so, and already on a yellow card why did the said ref not brandish a second yellow to the player concerned? Only the Referee can answer that.

If the last defender commits a foul and a free kick is awarded (the forward would have been clear on goal with no covering defender close), is that not a straight red card? It is.

The offence concerned we are talking about wasn't a careless career threatening tackle, it wasn't one of violent conduct, but how often do we see these offences go unpunished?

And if an assistant flagged everytime he heard something said on the field of play, albeit not in a malicious tone, you'd have every plane in the air landing on the pitch......common sense Pete, that's all.

I agree with you that everybody wants to see consistency in the decisions made by the officials not only in individual matches but throughout the season.

Match officials are marked by Clubs and by Assessors as well. Those falling below an acceptable standard are dealt with by the Referees Secretary so there is accountability.

I also agree that a more serious offenses such as Violent Conduct or Serious Foul Play where a player is likely to get injured should be punished with a red card.

Until the powers that be down grade Foul, Abusive and/or Offensive Language then expect players to continue to be sent off. My advise to players is to think about what they say when disputing a decision.

I will always try to answer a players question during the match and I take into consideration the way it's said and not just the contents of the comment. Calling a match official a cheat regardless of whether it is shouted in an aggressive manner or said in a calm tone is still going to result in a sending off.