Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup - Extra Preliminary Round

Someone within the club must have known this

Ref Off Ref – That’s not always the case, when the same thing happened to Tokyngton Manor in the FA Vase against Cockfosters two seasons ago we were totally oblivious that we were playing an illegal player until Special1 from Sport London e Benfica of all people joyously pointed it out on here of all places. It was just human error and I’m sure that’s what happened to Kings Langly who you have to sympathise with

Ref Off Ref – That’s not always the case, when the same thing happened to Tokyngton Manor in the FA Vase against Cockfosters two seasons ago we were totally oblivious that we were playing an illegal player until Special1 from Sport London e Benfica of all people joyously pointed it out on here of all places. It was just human error and I’m sure that’s what happened to Kings Langly who you have to sympathise with

Absolutely not - once again Rhodes you are talking absolute tosh. A club enters any competition on an understanding that the officials of the club understand the rules of the competition. To be excluded for fielding an ineligible player demonstrates a lack of understanding of the rules by said officials and is therefore due to simple incompetence by those officials. Such disqualifications from competitions have happened many times and I have seen it happen at my own club, however although various excuses may be mooted, in each case it boils down to a lack of scrutiny of competion rules by club officials. I rarely find myself agreeing with ROR but in this case he has hit the nail on the head - and to get excluded from one of the few competitions in which a club at this level can expect to reap a financial reward, surely smacks of gross incompetence by officials at that club. The innocent, i.e. players and supporters, do suffer, but rules are rules. Personally, for reasons I will not go into here, I would rather have seen the original victors progress, however they appear to have fallen foul of the rules and consequently the competition organisers have sadly seen fit to expel the club from the competition.

Its your job to know these things isn't it??? Poor excuse, you'd be on hear maligning others for the same thing

Had Special1 not pointed out Tokyngton Manor's oversight it possibly wouldn't have been picked up and we would have progressed in the FA Vase instead of Cockfosters