Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SCANDAL AT BASILDON

12 loyal basildon players arrived at their game on saturday only to be told they were not in the squad because a load of strangers had been drafted in to play.

I think this was very harsh considering those players helped the club arrive at this stage of the fa vase and this is another nail in the basildon utd coffin.

As yet, I am yet to hear anyone have anything positiv eto saty about this club.

It is a shame.

12 loyal basildon players arrived at their game on saturday only to be told they were not in the squad because a load of strangers had been drafted in to play.

I think this was very harsh considering those players helped the club arrive at this stage of the fa vase and this is another nail in the basildon utd coffin.

As yet, I am yet to hear anyone have anything positiv eto saty about this club.

It is a shame.

And you think Eastside Urchins boring.

you ignorant pr ick misunderstood. mind your own beeswax.

basildon it is not my opinion, it is FACT. the clubs name was once again dragged through the mud this weekend.

out of 12 players just 3 were included in the squad for the game.

9 players wasted their saturday arrivign at a game they deserved to play in and were not included because your "mate" came in as manager and gave all his "mates" a jolly boys outing in the fa vase.

the guy playing up front didnt even run

the whole thing was a joke - just like that club

DRS - When a manager under performs, he gets the sack, what makes you think the players are any different?

They too have played a part in Basildons performances this season and are therefore at risk of also being sacked (Dropped)

Personally I don't see anything wrong with this... we've all been bombed before...get over it..!!

It's not too often I come on here and comment but I thought I should just to clarify. I coached the Basildon lads last week and on Thursday only 7 players turned up (probably not impressed with my coaching techniques). John Doyle chased all the players who were "no shows" by phone but found that some had either left or were not answering their phone. At 10.30 that night it was decided that the only approach to make sure Basildon had a team for Saturday would be to bring in other players in. I'm not saying it was right or wrong, but I believe it was the right decision. It could have been the case that we didn't have a full squad turn up. How embarrassing would that have been?

come now Boycie dont let the facts stand in the way of a good 'scandal' and im sure this Dr River Song character knows better than you and doyley what 'actually' went on at training last week. this forum is for rumours,lies and malicious gossip please dont come on here with your facts of what actually happened.

Although I have no idea why someone of Boycies standing would want to get involved in the sitcom that is Basildon United, At least he did and put out a side that stopped the bigger humiliation of not fielding a full side. I am more shocked that there were 9 players that were so bad that not even Paul Larke took them with him. The players that have been at the club recently and then not asked over with Paul must now realise they were not good enough as results and recent actions show. I hope that the new manager is bringing in a new squad for the clubs sake, otherwise combined with the complications of working for the higher raqi of Basildon United and the left overs of the past 12 weeks squad he may well be added to the long list of hopefuls before him.

Again not wishing to upset all your friends in football (as pointed out by one of them) Boycie- according to other blogs on this site you resigned from Runwell Hospital 'a small club in the EOFL ' (bet Runwell would love that!) because you cannot take them further. Now you are coaching /assistant at an Essex Senior side- doesnt that say it all!.

That's correct S.W, I did leave as I felt I'd taken the club as far as I could. And I said "Small club" because that's really what we are. A village team that didn't do too badly over the last couple of years. Certainly no disrespect was intended. Just to clarify. I only helped out Basildon for the week and have not joined them.