Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town 0 Wealdstone 0

blue pilgrim

A competetive game where both sides had their chances. The Wealdstone keeper made some instinctive saves, whilst at the other end they hit our woodwork twice.

Overall it was a fair result and you could see why they have already beaten Bury and Lowestoft this season.

Town worked hard but losing David Knight at half time was a blow,and although Courtney White looks a good prospect, they do need to find another experienced striker striker, if they are to sustain the title challenge

Good crowd of over 400

Edited by blue pilgrim

slightly disappointed with the result as we controlled most of the game, but chances were at a premium for us. they hit the woodwork twice, and a draw was probably the right result as we only tested the keeper on a couple of occasions despite our possesion.

was good to complete the fixture as an abondonment would have been no good for anybody.

rumours i heard were that knight walked out at half time, which isnt good if true, but courtney showed some good touches in the second half and looks promising.

plenty of positives to take out of the game: another clean sheet, still unbeaten at home and still top of the league.

tricky little away run coming up so COYB!

Fair result, we had loads of half chances but it seemed to be one of those days. An excellent performance from their keeper. The game was scrappy but very tense and it would never have surprised me to have conceded a penalty for a handball ( the ref missed plenty so he would have got one right eventually !) Happy with the point.

After the thread on H last week it would be good if management could comment on the above rumours which are clearly unsettling.

Come on Blues, please hold it together for the fans. And lets get those lights sorted.

Has Knight walked out?

If true, this contradicts what Craig Edwards was saying in the programme notes about team spirit. I did notice that Knight was far from pleased about not being allowed to take a free kick and was proved right by the weak effort that followed.

Blimey, we are Billericay Town, not a bunch of Premier League Prima Donnas !!!!!!

Edited by blue pilgrim

Here are some photos from the game. Only first half as my camera is not good (read expensive) enough to cope with the poor light conditions. The photos aren't very good I'm afraid and I wasn't going to bother posting them but thought you might be interested in the couple of shots of what looked like a cast iron handball. Unfortunately I could not catch the ball striking hand.

Overall however I thought a draw was a fair result. I will be disappointed if the rumours about Knight are true but I must say it did seem a strange substitution so maybe some truth in it. In the games I have seen this season he has been a major part of the team's success. Like blue pilgrim I also noticed the free kick incident.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stringbok/sets/72157628112610004/

A somewhat strange post Blue Pilgrim. I too read the programme notes and took Craig Edwards up on his offer and asked him for his reasons for the Harrison and now the Knight situation. To be fair although there are always two sides to any story his reasons seemed quite valid. Why should Knight show such open displeasure that Berry had taken a weak free kick, after all he has been quite deadly from free kicks. Also I would be very surprised if we could have had such a good start to the season if the team spirit wasn't good.

As for the game I felt we were the better side but it was one of those days where it wouldn't go in but one we could have just easily had got beaten. We are still top and a third of the way through the season.

A somewhat strange post Blue Pilgrim. I too read the programme notes and took Craig Edwards up on his offer and asked him for his reasons for the Harrison and now the Knight situation. To be fair although there are always two sides to any story his reasons seemed quite valid. Why should Knight show such open displeasure that Berry had taken a weak free kick, after all he has been quite deadly from free kicks. Also I would be very surprised if we could have had such a good start to the season if the team spirit wasn't good.

As for the game I felt we were the better side but it was one of those days where it wouldn't go in but one we could have just easily had got beaten. We are still top and a third of the way through the season.

The point I made New Lodger, was that Craig, in explaining the H situation, emphasised the " team spirit" and "togetherness" that has obviously paid dividends. It was a shame therefore, and somewhat ironic, that having seen that in the programme, we see two players falling out on the pitch and if true, one having to be substituted at half time.

I hope that it was a " heat of the moment" situation and can be sorted out with a handshake. Craig has done a marvellous job with a small squad, which has suffered some wretched misfortune this season. Hoewever, we can ill afford to lose players as a result of "hissy fits", when we face a run of games that are potentially season defining.

Edited by blue pilgrim

Here are some photos from the game. Only first half as my camera is not good (read expensive) enough to cope with the poor light conditions. The photos aren't very good I'm afraid and I wasn't going to bother posting them but thought you might be interested in the couple of shots of what looked like a cast iron handball. Unfortunately I could not catch the ball striking hand.

Overall however I thought a draw was a fair result. I will be disappointed if the rumours about Knight are true but I must say it did seem a strange substitution so maybe some truth in it. In the games I have seen this season he has been a major part of the team's success. Like blue pilgrim I also noticed the free kick incident.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stringbok/sets/72157628112610004/

Though you did catch the player jumping at the ball with both feet off the ground and therefore could well be deemed dangerous as could the foot up but the hands are up to protect from being clattered.

Sounds like not only did I miss the staek sandwich but also a cracking game.

Interesting statement on the OS today, think that has put to bed things that went on yesterday.

Was a good game we had chances and so did they, craig Edwards junior done well to stop us scoring but heyho we are still unbeaten and top of the league.

6 away games is it now? If we can get a solid return it could really shape our season, also keeping good team spirit is vital, for me swainey is a true blue leader, he seems to know what it means to us supporters aswell!

I personally haven't been over for ages, but I was at leatherhead fa cup game where we agreed we mis fired, but these 3 games this week have shown me we are a decent team, it's the best football I've seen us play for a while.

Onwards and upwards let's keep our form on the road going this is a very vital part of the season.

COYB from a Cyprus Blue now waiting to board the plane :-)!

I agree that a draw was a fair outcome, we had the best of the game, their keeper made a couple of top saves, we got in the way of one of our own goal-bound efforts and had a couple of "Dennises" turned down and they will rightly point to their three efforts that came back off the woodwork.

I thought the floodlight issues counted against us as well. In most games we have been stronger in the second half, they only had four subs, one of which had already been used but effectively we had a half hour break, which made it a match of 2 x 45 minutes rather than one of ninety. I suppose it must have been a loose connection somewhere, hopefully we'll get it sorted before our next game.

As for the Knighty situation who knows - He's someone who seems to play on the edge - a good player at this level but there are plenty of players out there who would fancy playing for us at the moment - so we'll have to wait and see. As a supporter it's rather irritating that all these "issue-ettes" are threatening to de-rail the excellent start we have made. The Club is always more important than individuals.

A third of the way through the season and we sit on top of the league. It's a great start and hopefully we can keep it going. It looks like we'll have a few missing for Wednesday so there could be opportunities to impress the manager.

Come on you Blues!!

Not up to our quality of late and as previosly said we could have lost with some decisions the ref made but a point is better than nothing. I understand that Dave Knight had a difference of opinion with Craig, nothing to do with the game and now they must get together and both apologise for the good of the club.

Having seen the statement on the Club Site, I suspect he has played his last game for Billericay. You do not walk out on your Club, team-mates and supporters half way through a game. No matter how frustrated he was, there is no excuse for that sort of action and it will not look good on his footballing CV .

Well done to the management for posting information about David Knight and quite right to stand up to him even if we see him no more.

Whilst players are entitled to a fair wage for their efforts it is important to remember that football at the Non League level is not in great shape and the recession is hurting ( see our poor crowds for instance at a time when things are going well on the pitch). A club has to manage it's finances and can only offer what it can afford. If a pay increase is given then the club is entitled to loyalty from the player in the form of an agreed contract. I agree with jl's post, there must be plenty of keen footballers out there looking for a good club.

And maybe this will be a chance for Courtney White who has sat patiently and looks useful when coming on. A run in the team will do his confidence the power of good.