Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 19/11/2011 scores, results etc

Reds, Brunts etc.... I like 'playing with my mates' scenario is mainly what the CCL is all about I'm afraid.

That is fine if players want to play that way, its a glorified Sunday morning team mentallity, with players having no personal ambition.

What you are waiting for Reds, Brunts is to get promoted with Lammas to play CCL Premier, what happens if you don't get promoted, have another season and try again, and if you fail next next season, there's always the season after.....get my point ?

It does my head in to see quality players waste their ability (and there are loads I know) on not wanting to improve themselves, just play with their mates, have a good time (no objection) and just trundle along in CCL Div. 1 being a big fish in a small bowl. I have not seen you play, but where's your ambition along with many others I know........it's really strange ?

I give you examples: Phil Page and Danny Bennett, ex: Dorking, Croydon now playing for Farnboro' they didn't get to Farnboro' playing with their mates.........I hope my comments may bring a different dimension and attitude to all players who read this, 'cos it's only YOU that drives oneself on, (if you want to) again tho' if your happy playing with your mates fine, but there will come a time in your life when you'll say, if only I............ by then it's gonna be too late. Think seriously lads...........

Brunts, 17 on the bleep test at Cove...................how long ago was that now..........lol ?

I totally agree with everything youve said here ........................ambition is the word of the day you can always go down but you cant always go up.................

also note the sunday morning mentality...................to many players in div 1 dont care if they win or lose i noticed it more last year where we threw it away at end of season

Reds, Brunts etc.... I like 'playing with my mates' scenario is mainly what the CCL is all about I'm afraid.

That is fine if players want to play that way, its a glorified Sunday morning team mentallity, with players having no personal ambition.

What you are waiting for Reds, Brunts is to get promoted with Lammas to play CCL Premier, what happens if you don't get promoted, have another season and try again, and if you fail next next season, there's always the season after.....get my point ?

It does my head in to see quality players waste their ability (and there are loads I know) on not wanting to improve themselves, just play with their mates, have a good time (no objection) and just trundle along in CCL Div. 1 being a big fish in a small bowl. I have not seen you play, but where's your ambition along with many others I know........it's really strange ?

I give you examples: Phil Page and Danny Bennett, ex: Dorking, Croydon now playing for Farnboro' they didn't get to Farnboro' playing with their mates.........I hope my comments may bring a different dimension and attitude to all players who read this, 'cos it's only YOU that drives oneself on, (if you want to) again tho' if your happy playing with your mates fine, but there will come a time in your life when you'll say, if only I............ by then it's gonna be too late. Think seriously lads...........

Brunts, 17 on the bleep test at Cove...................how long ago was that now..........lol ?

I totally agree with everything youve said here ........................ambition is the word of the day you can always go down but you cant always go up.................

also note the sunday morning mentality...................to many players in div 1 dont care if they win or lose i noticed it more last year where we threw it away at end of season

Is it that certain players are happy knowing they will be picked week in and week out without any pressure being applied on then, so not pushing themselves to be better and just going thru' the motions ? Without pressure, competition they will not improve. They are happy to play DIV. 1 level being far too good, just to get a game ?.....

Is it that certain players are happy knowing they will be picked week in and week out without any pressure being applied on then, so not pushing themselves to be better and just going thru' the motions ? Without pressure, competition they will not improve. They are happy to play DIV. 1 level being far too good, just to get a game ?.....

i think more of the case is actually taking a risk an going to another club its not how good you are its who you know alot of the time , no disrespect to pagey (different gear) but would he have got the chance he has without spencer , the jurys out! the same applies to all im afraid , when i left lammas believe me i know its to another club in the same league but jesus i nearly had a breakdown lol BUT to all players the grass is somtimes greener take a risk i dont regret anything but possibly id choose my football path more wisely!!

I make you wrong on that one, Bennett has always played with his mates, probably could of played higher years ago if he didnt have to follow Leacock around for years.

That maybe so Molly, but my point is where is he now with Leacock at Farnboro' !

Dont get me wrong i think its great when players make the step up, but i dont think there is anything wrong with playing with mates enjoying your football, rather then SOMETIMES going to a higher club for a bit of money and not enjoy it as much ie travelling, harder training and in some cases less minutes. Which is where i think your correct in the point you make about glorified Sunday league as lot of players play at this standard because lack of drive.

Make alot of sense there NG good post! Was 2008/2009 season I think.

Make alot of sense there NG good post! Was 2008/2009 season I think.

three people agreeing ........i make that pimms o clock ;)

Need to add tho there becomes a point where football is not priority anymore. Work/kids come first. If your ot lucky enough to have flexible work hours your not going to be able to make the step up to Ryman etc because of the travelling midweek maybe even on a sat. I had a kid when I was 20 when i had just broken into the first team at Basingstoke but things changed after that football had to come second. i had serious ambition at the time but other things in life become more important. I think this would go for alot of players in this league.... I do want to play higher again tho.!

Need to add tho there becomes a point where football is not priority anymore. Work/kids come first. If your ot lucky enough to have flexible work hours your not going to be able to make the step up to Ryman etc because of the travelling midweek maybe even on a sat. I had a kid when I was 20 when i had just broken into the first team at Basingstoke but things changed after that football had to come second. i had serious ambition at the time but other things in life become more important. I think this would go for alot of players in this league.... I do want to play higher again tho.!

A kid at 20 God Bless you my son ! Thats young, but the best emotion you will ever experience. You chose (maybe not) to have a kid therefore, your football Brunts will obviously take a step back because of the responsibilities that comes with having a kid that I duly respect..... we all make choices in our lives in what we want, we are not all the same...............but ....!.

stu bamford is quality and come to think about it he was always very professional at ashford, so yea my attitude is no where as goos as his. lol!! NG il have to agree with you aswell you posts are very true. If we didnt go up this year then i will defo have to look at somewhere else. as much as i love the lammas i really do want to play in the prem sooner rather than later. 23 now and by the time i know it il be in my 30s like newby!! i havent always been one to play with my mates only the last 5 years which i have found really enjoyable.