Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 19/11/2011 scores, results etc

They told us this player would never play again when he bit in our game !!

good win today after going a goal down to a thunderbolt from the feltham right back. 2 from Ben Dillon got our noses in front and then both sides had a player sent off just before the break. Mike Lee saw red by grabbing the feltham no.8 in retaliation to being bitten, not a nibble, a proper bite that left nasty teeth marks in his shoulder. The 8 saw red as well. A 3rd from Dillon in the 2nd half sealed the points.

Fair play to the feltham chairman who told the 8 he would not be welcome back at feltham.

The referee and assistants both had good games and referee was very apologetic for having to send our player off but obviously had no choice. He did say he would write in his report the reason for retaliation and commended our player for not punching the feltham 8 which the ref said he would have done if it happened to him.

Feltham no8 biting someone, I'm sure we mentioned this 2 weeks ago! But then it was there no 14!! Is there a food shortage in feltham or do we have a new Hannibal lector on our hands!!

Surely this needs to be looked into by the league you can't have this sort of thing going on anywhere let alone on a football pitch WTF is going on if you bit someone in the street you would be sanctioned whats the difference ?

Do you even know if it was the same player. I have looked back at the previous incident and there is no mention as to who the player was just finger pointing. Different player this time lads. Not justifiying the players actions but will say well done to the chairman who has dealt with both players buy getting rid of them both. Done and dusted. Move on

Wood v Dorking Report Here - http://www.clubwebsi.../report/2806382

Only one sub? Is this because of injuries or players suspended/left?

Do you not have a reserve or U18 team to call upon?

We had two cry offs on Saturday morning for...ahem..."injuries".

14 players went with our reserves to Crawley Down (lost 1-4) where they were all likely to get involved as opposed to bench warming.

One or two may be involved at badshot Lea next week. They are finding Suburban Premier B a little tough this season.

We have had four or five "1st team" players leave in the past couple of weeks who were not committed to what we are trying to achieve at CWUFC.

In my opinion they are no real loss; no point in staying around if you aren't happy.

Our under 18 youth team are all "1st yearers" (15 or 16 years, the odd 17 year old) and most have dual registration with another lower Saturday club (who are keen to join the CCL next season - I cannot name the club or Whitelaw will tick me off). They have lost all 5 league games in the SYL so far, but they did beat Cobham 5-2 on Thursday in the county cup and played very well including two superb goals. They are improving but not ready for CCL this season.

The geography of our club means we find it difficult to attract dedicated club players even though we have had over 60 enquiries this season via our website.

A lot of players (and some clubs!) have a misconceived picture of our club which is unfair. We are trying to build a firm base to move the club forwards. Our current 1st team players are great guys who give their all for us on the field.

Hope this helps?

Hmmmm I would say your manager or any manager needs to be a bit firmer with the ressies CC it aint about benchwarming as you call it its about the 1st team and they should be paramount at every club,12 players is not enough for a 1st team fixture when you have 14 going with the reserves thats the wrong way round you should of had 14 and them 12 IMO.

Wood v Dorking Report Here - http://www.clubwebsi.../report/2806382

Only one sub? Is this because of injuries or players suspended/left?

Do you not have a reserve or U18 team to call upon?

We had two cry offs on Saturday morning for...ahem..."injuries".

14 players went with our reserves to Crawley Down (lost 1-4) where they were all likely to get involved as opposed to bench warming.

One or two may be involved at badshot Lea next week. They are finding Suburban Premier B a little tough this season.

We have had four or five "1st team" players leave in the past couple of weeks who were not committed to what we are trying to achieve at CWUFC.

In my opinion they are no real loss; no point in staying around if you aren't happy.

Our under 18 youth team are all "1st yearers" (15 or 16 years, the odd 17 year old) and most have dual registration with another lower Saturday club (who are keen to join the CCL next season - I cannot name the club or Whitelaw will tick me off). They have lost all 5 league games in the SYL so far, but they did beat Cobham 5-2 on Thursday in the county cup and played very well including two superb goals. They are improving but not ready for CCL this season.

The geography of our club means we find it difficult to attract dedicated club players even though we have had over 60 enquiries this season via our website.

A lot of players (and some clubs!) have a misconceived picture of our club which is unfair. We are trying to build a firm base to move the club forwards. Our current 1st team players are great guys who give their all for us on the field.

Hope this helps?

CC, would one of those players left in the last couple of weeks who were not committed to CW, would that be a Jimmy Davies as he hasn't played since the beginning of August or is he injured ?

Edited by NICE GUY

I duno duncs, I like to think I could make the step up but I'm really enjoying life at lammas at the moment and i know brunty is loving it too. Brunty is different class and now he's settled right in and were playing well. I really want to play in the prem as quickly as possible.

Bookham v Staines Lammas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX1bS4HvDqM

Probably best not to dwell too much on the home-side performance.

HOWEVER..... Box Hill looked magnificent in the background (Around 2.50), with the golden tree colours glowing.

Nice to meet Brunty and Redrup, albeit it, briefly. Two more faces to posters profile.

Edited by Big J R

Redrup, Baxter, James, O Connor and Rideout are capable of playing Prem and The league above in my opinion.

I really hope Lammas go up this year.

I duno duncs, I like to think I could make the step up but I'm really enjoying life at lammas at the moment and i know brunty is loving it too. Brunty is different class and now he's settled right in and were playing well. I really want to play in the prem as quickly as possible.

I think if you get promoted Brunty will leave and stay in Div1

Redrup, Baxter, James, O Connor and Rideout are capable of playing Prem and The league above in my opinion.

I really hope Lammas go up this year.

I was certainy impressed with Lammas attacking skills - However, and I'm not being bitchy, I think their defence would struggle badly in the Prem. Purely an observation on my part, but they tended to give the opposition far to much room when they DID come forward.

Having said that, you can't sniff at a 0-6 away win.

Edited by Big J R

Bookham v Lammas

I managed to go to my first Staines game this season as work commitments and having a new born baby recently has prevented me from going. There were obviously new faces this year who I hadn't seen yet. I have to say, like BJR said staines attacking play second half was fantastic at times, I was really impressed with the lad shane on the right, I've seen matty baxter from a couple of years ago. I liked brunty in the middle, very clever player and started the play well. Jamie in midfield also looks like a very good player at times but had a quiet game and the lad Gary up top, who I've heard loads about. Think him and baxter link up well and he really looks like a lively player, didn't have many chance but when he did he scored. Someone told me he has 21 goals already this year which I good. Have to disagree with BJR, I think Staines defence would be able to cope in the prem, Ridley,Ben and redrup didn't give bookham a sniff yesterday, don't think the keeper had 1 save to make. Can only defend what's infront of you. Seems a totally different staines from last year, confidence seems like its high and even the management seem like there having fun. Oh and good luck phil at knaphill.

I was at the lammas game aswell. Was a quiet game for gary james but he can deffo play at a higher level and it wouldnt suprise me if another club at the next level didnt come in for him. Bookham in my honest opinion should be worried after that display

Bookham v Lammas

I managed to go to my first Staines game this season as work commitments and having a new born baby recently has prevented me from going. There were obviously new faces this year who I hadn't seen yet. I have to say, like BJR said staines attacking play second half was fantastic at times, I was really impressed with the lad shane on the right, I've seen matty baxter from a couple of years ago. I liked brunty in the middle, very clever player and started the play well. Jamie in midfield also looks like a very good player at times but had a quiet game and the lad Gary up top, who I've heard loads about. Think him and baxter link up well and he really looks like a lively player, didn't have many chance but when he did he scored. Someone told me he has 21 goals already this year which I good. Have to disagree with BJR, I think Staines defence would be able to cope in the prem, Ridley,Ben and redrup didn't give bookham a sniff yesterday, don't think the keeper had 1 save to make. Can only defend what's infront of you. Seems a totally different staines from last year, confidence seems like its high and even the management seem like there having fun. Oh and good luck phil at knaphill.

I wasn't being ultra critical - Just an observation, so let me try and elaborate. IMHO, Lammas defenders tended to 'stand off' attackers when they started to come through, before deciding what action to take. Had you been facing a side who favoured one-touch fast football, I think the Lammas keeper would have been troubled far more.

Just to go back to my original point, all in all, I like their style of play. If they had played in the first half like they played in the 2nd, I really hate to think what the score-line could have been.

Edited by Big J R

Gaz is decent and I'm glad he's one of my best pals because he won't be going no where!! Bookham could stuggle this year. They have a couple of good individuals. 4-5-1 nice to see you back on here. You guna tell me who you are or what!!!!

In the last 2 weeks Bookham have lost 6 or 7 players to Leatherhead reserves and are now rebuilding again for the 2nd time this season, fingers crossed they can turn thing round as after yesterdays 2nd half showing.