Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

If you were England Manager..............

obis

Walker?! Richards is the best in the business!

Why anyone would suggest 2 novices at centre back is beyond me.ok Cahill is still young but has played a few times for England and has a few seasons under his belt.Both Smalling & jones are when Ferdinand and vidic are fit,second choice for club.

They both make too many mistakes for the risk to be taken in a major European tournament,plus Cahill is more of your old fashioned centre back whereas jones is more flamboyant,as a pairing I think they could work but not Smalling for me,I think he is lucky to be where he is in all honesty.

Actually I'd say Evans is first reserve at the moment, he works well with Ferdinand and he was integral (paired with Vidic) to Man U's record defensive run in 2008-9. (I know he's not English.) Smalling strikes me as a Ferdinand replacement, not a Vidic, and Jones needs a bit more seasoning.

Says they'da kept Shawcross had they known Pique was going to leave, as it is, why not play the Stoke man for England alongside Cahill? (Or go Lescott of course, or Jagielka, but they're probably more Ferdinand replacements than Vidic/Terry types.)

When fit, Mike Turner could get a try too.

Best player not to get one?

That's another topic.

Julian Dicks. If it wasn't for his disciplinary record he would have been capped a number of times by England.