Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results (Tuesday 21st & Wednesday 22nd February)

Tuesday 21st February

(kick off times 7.45pm unless stated)

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Semi Final

Haringey Borough v Leverstock Green

PREMIER DIVISION CUP Quarter Final

St Margaretsbury v Harefield United

PREMIER DIVISION CUP Semi Final

Royston Town v Tring Athletic

DIVISION ONE

Amersham Town v Langford (Kick Off 7.30pm)

St Albans City Reserves v Welwyn Garden City

DIVISION ONE CUP Quarter Final

London Colney v Kings Langley

NORTH BEDS CHARITY CUP Semi Final

Biggleswade Town v Ampthill Town

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

Hoddesdon Town Reserves v Cockfosters Reserves

Oxhey Jets Reserves v Hadley Reserves (Kick Off 7.30pm)

Wednesday 22nd February

(kick off times 7.45pm unless stated)

SOUTH MIDLANDS FLOODLIT CUP (SENIOR SECTION) Second Round

Hatfield Town v Oxhey Jets (Kick Off 7.30pm) (@ Oxhey Jets FC)

So once again you're all dressed up with nowhere to go. Nothing ever changes at Coles Park at the end of the day does it, I assume the copper piping has been stolen

So once again you're all dressed up with nowhere to go. Nothing ever changes at Coles Park at the end of the day does it, I assume the copper piping has been stolen

Wrong again.

I was there on Saturday and they have invested in new bulbs for the floodlights. My guess is that it's a bit of teething problems.

and they have invested in new bulbs for the floodlights

I bet that cost the Club a pretty penny and getting them installed, also hiring a cherry picker doesn't come cheap does it

Wrong again.

I was there on Saturday and they have invested in new bulbs for the floodlights. My guess is that it's a bit of teething problems.

and they have invested in new bulbs for the floodlights

I bet that cost the Club a pretty penny and getting them installed, also hiring a cherry picker doesn't come cheap does it

Some things do change.

Half Times

0-0 Royston Town v Tring Athletic

1-0 St Albans City Reserves v Welwyn Garden City

1-0 Hoddesdon Town Reserves v Cockfosters Reserves

0-0 Oxhey Jets Reserves v Hadley Reserves

Edited by Karen Browne

GOAL: 1-0 Hoddesdon Town Reserves v Cockfosters Reserves

GOAL: 2-0 Hoddesdon Town Reserves v Cockfosters Reserves

GOAL: 1-0 Royston Town v Tring Athletic - Jack Bradshaw's on target shot takes a deflection with 5 mins to go

Edited by Karen Browne

Tuesday 21st February

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Semi Final

P-P Haringey Borough v Leverstock Green

PREMIER DIVISION CUP Quarter Final

2-0 St Margaretsbury v Harefield United

1-0 Royston Town v Tring Athletic

DIVISION ONE

3-2 Amersham Town v Langford

1-0 St Albans City Reserves v Welwyn Garden City

DIVISION ONE CUP Quarter Final

1-2 London Colney v Kings Langley

NORTH BEDS CHARITY CUP Semi Final

2-1 Biggleswade Town v Ampthill Town

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

2-2 Hoddesdon Town Reserves v Cockfosters Reserves

1-2 Oxhey Jets Reserves v Hadley Reserves

Edited by Karen Browne

Great night great game shame we lost in the 93rd min . But held our own against a step 4 side in a play off place well done lads

Bicknell - Looked like a close game. Apart from the top top sides at Step 4, I do not think there is a lot of difference between the majority of step 4 teams through to the top sides in step 5 and 6.

We lost to Leighton Town in the County Cup being 2-1 up after 92 minutes and very comfortable.They scored 2, you could say lucky goals, in the 93rd minute. DTFC have beaten Chesham and Arlesey (all but on penalties) from step 3 this season.

Royston also knocked out Cambridge City again on penalties.

It seems you just have to be dedicated to do all the travelling at the higher level.

We have players who have played at Step 4 and that is the feedback we get.

held our own against a step 4 side in a play off place well done lads

Was it Biggleswade Town's First Team out of interest

Tuesday 21st February

DIVISION ONE

3-2 Amersham Town v Langford

A brief report on this one from another Forum:

Amersham Town 3-2 Langford

Spartan South Midlands 1st Division

Yet again Langford had plenty of chances, but failed to make the most of them. Unlike Sun Postal a few weeks ago, Amersham created a few of their own in coming back from 2-0 down at half time to win with an 89th minute strike. End to end throughout with some good saves and blocks together with some poor finishing at times too. Amersham also hit the post and Lanford hit the back of the net on two other occasions, both offside.

Tuesday 21st February

A report from another Forum, the attendance figure is clearly a mystery:

Royston Town 1 Tring Athletic 0

SSML Premier Division Cup semi-final

Admission £6, attendance 73 (allegedly)

Arrived at the ground around 20 minutes before kick-off, enough time for a quick look round - a seated stand on halfway with three rows of seats on one side, and the dugouts on the other, with a covered stand on one side of them. Both ends had hardstanding, and the clubhouse end also had a canopy with a raised area of concrete, which was used by a couple of people in wheelchairs. The changing room block looks like it was built fairly recently.

Also had a quick look in the clubhouse and was impressed to see an e-mail from a ref saying how much he enjoyed refereeing one of the club's reserve matches recently. I very much doubt the ref last night will be sending a similar e-mail.

It was an odd match to watch because both teams played skilful attacking football which was very pleasant to watch. Just a shame that the game was utterly ruined by the abuse of the referee and dugout-side linesman from the players, officials and fans of both clubs. After a couple of Royston players badmouthed the ref following a not very controversial decision, I was pleasantly surprised to see him book them both. This prompted the home bench to have a minute long rant about how "no-one is here to watch you ref". I had hoped the ref's actions would mean that other players would refrain from such behaviour, but sadly it just got worse.

Despite the decent football, somehow neither team managed to fashion a goalscoring opportunity, and there was only one shot on target in the entire first half. The second half was the same until a penalty was awarded to Tring. At this point I was dreading extra time (at least I assumed that's what there would be if it was a draw) and another half an hour of the perpetual whining from all sides of the ground, and was not surprised to see the penalty saved. Thankfully with five minutes remaining Royston's number 5 had a shot from the edge of the box which took a massive deflection past the keeper for a 1-0 win.

Both sides of the story:

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/match-reports/match-report-royston-town-v-tring-athletic-4/

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1785

Groundhoppers view from another forum.

Royston Town 1 Tring Athletic 0

SSML Premier Division Cup semi-final

Admission £6, attendance 73 (allegedly)

Arrived at the ground around 20 minutes before kick-off, enough time for a quick look round - a seated stand on halfway with three rows of seats on one side, and the dugouts on the other, with a covered stand on one side of them. Both ends had hardstanding, and the clubhouse end also had a canopy with a raised area of concrete, which was used by a couple of people in wheelchairs. The changing room block looks like it was built fairly recently.

Also had a quick look in the clubhouse and was impressed to see an e-mail from a ref saying how much he enjoyed refereeing one of the club's reserve matches recently. I very much doubt the ref last night will be sending a similar e-mail.

It was an odd match to watch because both teams played skilful attacking football which was very pleasant to watch. Just a shame that the game was utterly ruined by the abuse of the referee and dugout-side linesman from the players, officials and fans of both clubs. After a couple of Royston players badmouthed the ref following a not very controversial decision, I was pleasantly surprised to see him book them both. This prompted the home bench to have a minute long rant about how "no-one is here to watch you ref". I had hoped the ref's actions would mean that other players would refrain from such behaviour, but sadly it just got worse.

Despite the decent football, somehow neither team managed to fashion a goalscoring opportunity, and there was only one shot on target in the entire first half. The second half was the same until a penalty was awarded to Tring. At this point I was dreading extra time (at least I assumed that's what there would be if it was a draw) and another half an hour of the perpetual whining from all sides of the ground, and was not surprised to see the penalty saved. Thankfully with five minutes remaining Royston's number 5 had a shot from the edge of the box which took a massive deflection past the keeper for a 1-0 win.

Edited by Karen Browne

What the above post fails to comment on is the actual performance of the referee - he was poor at best. Picky, slow, out of position and craving attention. The only redeeming point was that he was poor to both sides. He ruined what could have been an exciting cup-tie. We must all look to the league to provide referees able to the job especially at latter stages of cup competitions when their appointment is looked upon as a reward. I was not one of those berating the referee but could completely understand the frustrations of both sides.