Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rumour??

Ashford definitely have a Chairman, plus two Vice-Chairmen thanks very much!

two vice chairman ?? Lucky you!!

There HAS to be a joke in there somewhere !

I've heard Bedfont have lost the majority of their budget but not a chairman! Shame if they have, he seemed very positive last Saturday & had great plans for the club moving forward.

I've heard Bedfont have lost the majority of their budget but not a chairman! Shame if they have, he seemed very positive last Saturday & had great plans for the club moving forward.

Its common Foxy if its true about the budget. Bedfont look 'safe' from relegation as they were some months ago, so what clubs do to save money (from the chairmans pocket) is to reduce the budget knowing that they can't get promotion nor relegation.

Players normally stay as its about a month to transfer deadline, alternatively they can leave for another club who are in a more precarious position and splash out the cash in an effort to avoid relegation, for example Whyteleafe who have almost signed a new team, but how if there is no money there ?...... perhaps a genie has appeared at the club to pay the players now in hope to get out them out of their relegation battle !!!

Edited by NICE GUY

Left the club and club will fold within days

Really, why is that? The club have no debts at all, so quite a claim.

Doug White has stepped down as Chairman, by way of retirement, after 30 years of involvement. Anybody that knows him or the club will know how instrumental he’s been in it’s progress but he now feels he has taken it as far as he can.

I've said it many time, although not on here, but every volunteer that has contributed at the club should feel proud of what started out as a Sunday team, and then a Saturday team playing on parks in a pink kit (and pink bus) achieved during it’s existence.

IF we do fold at the end of the season then it will be after we have paid every last bill and fine from League's, FAs, Laundrettes, etc and we walk away with our dignity of not owing anybody a penny.

But…you never know what is around the corner.

Edited by Green Pea

Left the club and club will fold within days

Really, why is that? The club have no debts at all, so quite a claim.

Doug White has stepped down as Chairman, by way of retirement, after 30 years of involvement. Anybody that knows him or the club will know how instrumental he’s been in it’s progress but he now feels he has taken it as far as he can.

I've said it many time, although not on here, but every volunteer that has contributed at the club should feel proud of what started out as a Sunday team, and then a Saturday team playing on parks in a pink kit (and pink bus) achieved during it’s existence.

IF we do fold at the end of the season then it will be after we have paid every last bill and fine from League's, FAs, Laundrettes, etc and we walk away with our dignity of not owing anybody a penny.

But…you never know what is around the corner.

Nice edit, GP!

This rumour confused the daylights out of me, as it's not long since Garry Haylock arrived and there was talk of trying to move up the leagues. What's changed, apart from Doug retiring?

It would be a crying shame if Bedfont Town were to fold, given the improvements that have been carried out at The Orchard and the fact that the club finally has a base in Bedfont. There would also be questions over the long-term future not just of The Orchard but of Feltham's project to restore the Arena.

Greenpea... This has to be a rash choice. Surely Gary Haylock would have been told when he came on board??

"IF we do fold at the end of the season then it will be after we have paid every last bill and fine from League's, FAs, Laundrettes, etc and we walk away with our dignity of not owing anybody a penny."

Strong closing sentence. sounds like the final whistle

All.... Do you not think that Gary knew the situation when he took over.... I was lucky enough at the end of my career to experience some of BGFC as a player and part of the management team... And although I once " ruined the chairmans weekend " ( Greenpea that one was for you ) I think that with the plans they have for the club and the potential to move on as a viable business then only a fool would write then off... GP is a very schrewd guy and there are others that will secure the future of the club. I was in our dressing room when Doug gave the boys the news and there was a massive amount of applause and when he came out he shook my hand with a tear in his eye... I gave him a hug and said " it;s peope like you that make non league football what it is". For me it is a sad day in non league football.... lets not get on the bandwaggon lets hope that things turn out right as with Northwich Victoria and other clubs...... If we did not have people willing to put a massive part of their lives into a sport that we love.... we would have nothing ...

Doug has put a lot into the club and the rumours about what is happening with the club will make sure his efforts are not wasted! A true gent of non league football! As I said I love the club and 2nd what Weeble said "people like him make non league football".