Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slightly Misinformed I think....

Someone pointed out this little article to me http://bit.ly/wRaD6B

The bit that stood out for me being

“We haven’t got any wages for players and the minimum wage bill up in the Prem is probably £400 to £600 and that’s for the smallest side up there. Some of them have got £2,000, £3,000 or £4,000 a week to spend. It’s a massive step and haven’t got anything."

Someone pointed out this little article to me

NeutralFan - That article was a find, I wonder why it has been kept under wraps on here by Ampthill’s connections

NeutralFan - That article was a find, I wonder why it has been kept under wraps on here by Ampthill’s connections

The paper was only published on Sunday, I hardly think less than a week can be classed under wraps, unlike the answers from many questions YOU have been asked in the past from numerous posters on here Rhodes.

“We haven’t got any wages for players and the minimum wage bill up in the Prem is probably £400 to £600 and that’s for the smallest side up there. Some of them have got £2,000, £3,000 or £4,000 a week to spend. It’s a massive step and haven’t got anything."

Where has he got that idea from, i cannot think of more than 7 who even have have a weekly budget, with a few more teams helping with petrol and train fares, and im talking tenners for away games, no more.

Two of the clubs we all know, but even these figures differ wildly depending on who you speak to. I have heard of figures ranging from £600 -1600 per week for these 2 clubs, and having 4 players that left to go the clubs in the close season, we were told some figures, which even if half true were would be impressive at this level, but over £1500 every week i doubt.

In the past we have heard of Big Budgets at Beaconsfield, Biggleswade and Aylesbury again no one was ever sure of the figures quoted, again wildly differing figures were banded around, im not really sure of last years champions Chalfont but i would have thought they were no where near 1,000 let alone 2,000 3,000 or 4,000.

Please dont sit there and think the premier division of the SSML is budget driven, for the vast majority its not and never will be, other Step 5 leagues may have better budgets as the vase proves, this seems to have a lot to do with geograghical issues and proximity to other step 4 leagues around these clubs, but i would be interested to know who Mr Bicknell thinks has these 2,000 plus wage bills in our league.

Its strange because we were told that Ampthill had 'a nice little budget' the article says no, are there clubs in div 1 and 2 that pay, or are these stories as well

Edited by wisezola

The paper was only published on Sunday

Well it's Friday today, Ref Off Ref, Mr Angry or Craig Bicknell have had since then to post the article on here, they must have been aware of it so I can only think that they have purposely kept it quiet as it embarrasses the Club

The paper was only published on Sunday

Well it's Friday today, Ref Off Ref, Mr Angry or Craig Bicknell have had since then to post the article on here, they must have been aware of it so I can only think that they have purposely kept it quiet as it embarrasses the Club

You live in cloud cuckoo land Cliff! Why should Ampthll Town even consider posting a link to that article on here? For your benefit?

Mr Bicknell has much to learn about how he conducts himself with match officials from what I've seen, but he IS as good as that article says with man-management of his players. I saw him get a win in extra time with only 10 men, after being dragged back to all square at 90 minutes. I heard his team talk before extra time, and it was indeed inspiring. That he is misinformed about what players are paid in the Premier Division is no great surprise - so are most other people. Or perhaps he isn't, and it was just a ploy to get a budget out of his chairman? Anyway, your constant sniping at Ampthill Town only adds the contempt with which you are held on here!

Where has he got that idea from, i cannot think of more than 7 who even have have a weekly budget, with a few more teams helping with petrol and train fares, and im talking tenners for away games, no more.

Two of the clubs we all know, but even these figures differ wildly depending on who you speak to. I have heard of figures ranging from £600 -1600 per week for these 2 clubs, and having 4 players that left to go the clubs in the close season, we were told some figures, which even if half true were would be impressive at this level, but over £1500 every week i doubt.

In the past we have heard of Big Budgets at Beaconsfield, Biggleswade and Aylesbury again no one was ever sure of the figures quoted, again wildly differing figures were banded around, im not really sure of last years champions Chalfont but i would have thought they were no where near 1,000 let alone 2,000 3,000 or 4,000.

Please dont sit there and think the premier division of the SSML is budget driven, for the vast majority its not and never will be, other Step 5 leagues may have better budgets as the vase proves, this seems to have a lot to do with geograghical issues and proximity to other step 4 leagues around these clubs, but i would be interested to know who Mr Bicknell thinks has these 2,000 plus wage bills in our league.

Its strange because we were told that Ampthill had 'a nice little budget' the article says no, are there clubs in div 1 and 2 that pay, or are these stories as well

Yeah there are teams that do in those divs. apparently Bletchely are paying a fair bit

Nice reply Horace.....it's a shame we aren't bottom of the league as Rhodes would be able to add more fuel to his very damp fire.

But unlike the tw4t himself I'll answer his dribble, players been paid at Ampthill, yes Rhodes after every game they sit in an orderly fashion waiting their fat pay packets, to then spend on sweeties and cakes and fizzy pop.

My lad gets an extra £10 for every time he picks the ball out the net and the forwards are on a score for every sitter they miss.

In the Rhodesworld guess that's believable, in the real world, as a supporter I couldn't give a toss Rhodes, so why should you?

I can tell you speaking as manager 100% that a team in the top 3 of the Prem do not pay anything. At our club the chairman generally buys the beers when we win and has just recently started paying a tenner goal bonus. But as previously stated, players in particular are happy to fan the flames of the countless clowns who go around suggesting other club's are paying, and it always amazes me that so many are gullible enough to take it as gospel!.

You tend to find it's the players that bullsh*t how much they are getting as a bit of one upmanship on their mates and other players (own team and others). Teams also won't want to admit to paying if they are as most prob do it without tax man being involved, to be honest if tax man was involved most clubs wouldn't even pay the minimal amounts they do (if they do).

Anyway, your constant sniping at Ampthill Town only adds the contempt with which you are held on here!

Horace - That's a bit harsh isn't it, it's just a bit of banter at the end of the day, Ampthill Town should be big and ugly enough to take it on the chin as they like to dish it out

Rhodes that's very noble of you and fair play to standing and talking the fight....trouble is tho I suspect you copied that quote from something you'd read while trawling the Internet.

You are right on one account tho, it is banter, however only from our side, what you forgot to add is you are raging with jealousy towards our little outfit.

Oh well 50% right ain't bad I suppose

This was a conversation I had with my chairman at a monthly meeting about next season . And yes I did say all that and it worked as he has already raised a fair bit as he knows what I want next season . The figures I said to him are just what I have heard from people I also said that . And I can also confirm that ampthill town football club don't pay a penny to me for players

You tend to find it's the players that bullsh*t how much they are getting as a bit of one upmanship on their mates and other players (own team and others). Teams also won't want to admit to paying if they are as most prob do it without tax man being involved, to be honest if tax man was involved most clubs wouldn't even pay the minimal amounts they do (if they do).

someone who talks sense :D

Anyway, your constant sniping at Ampthill Town only adds the contempt with which you are held on here!

Horace - That's a bit harsh isn't it, it's just a bit of banter at the end of the day, Ampthill Town should be big and ugly enough to take it on the chin as they like to dish it out

when was the last time i slagged a team off then ?

and what ever wages i get for players next season IF we go up i will let every body no trust me . does any body on this forum no what phill is paying at stony this season to try and keep them up as i do .

He will need to spend a lot on ground too to stave off relegation apparently