Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Uxbridge tonight

Beano

Hi all,

As Mrs Beano is having her wisdom teeth out today, I have no chance of being at this evening's match. Is there some kind soul out there who wouldn't mind texting me with goal updates, HT and FT scores so I can tweet them? It would be very much appreciated.

I can PM my number to anyone who can help with this but doesn't already have it.

Thanks in advance!

50/50 that I will be at this game.... Will decide when I get home from work... Another useful webiste where I couldn't find the admission prices :angry:

Good luck lads, wont be making this one.............

Wow 1-2 Jim & Bits 84 & 88 mins

Edited by kevchenko

good result . but next time don,t wait till 15 mins from the end to play football it makes for frustrating viewing .Dan and ashley did not stop trying and their efforts paid dividends . One or two others need to apply themselves more , simple passes going to the opposition , crosses not clearing the first defender not good enough you are better than that. The game is 90 mins not 15 we could destroy teams if you put the effort into a full shift.

Good result, albeit a late rally by some accounts. We seem a bit of a Jekyl and Hyde team but let's savour the positives and build on them. Well done everyone, but especially to Burgo and his management team.

Finally got onto the forum after yet more problems - this thing keeps logging me out. Anyway, we were lucky, but I'll take it! Jack's quite strong with his analysis, but I can see why.

For long periods we just didn't click. We lost possession far too cheaply, couldn't get the better of Uxbridge's sweeper system within a 4-4-2 formation, got sucked back towards our penalty area and we let Uxbridge have plenty of possession in our half. Macca made a fantastic save to keep it goalless, but Uxbridge's opener just before the break was one of the worst goals I've seen us concede, We lost possession near the centre circle, then gifted a free kick which resulted in two headed passes and a shot into the net, and through all this everyone 'defending' including Macca stood motionless like statues. it was embarrassing.

There were positives, though. When we attacked down the flanks, especially down the left through Bits and Ashley, we looked dangerous. Dan was unlucky with two efforts that grazed the bar, he also brought out a great save in a one-on-one, he ran back to make a great tackle on the edge of our own box, and he played most of the match having lost at least part of a tooth. Easily man of the match.

It looked, though, like we were going to lose on merit, and the away contingent was getting restless. At one comical stage, I had Daryl to my left and Dan to my right telling me simultaneously who should be subbed and who should come on. They were proved right when Kofi came off, but we weren't sure about Alex replacing him. However, Burgo didn't just leave it at that. He moved Bits to the right, Ashley in the middle behind Dan and Alex on the left wing, and that tactical nous and new shape turned the game.

At last, we started to click and make Uxbridge nervous. In the 84th, a precise move by Alex and Ashley saw the ball fall to Jim 15 yards out and he placed it high into the net like a striker. Then, two minutes from full time, came a goal of Premier League quality. If you were there you'd know what I mean. A sublime shimmy and flick down the left wing by Dan, a change of pace by Alex followed by a hard, inviting cross which Ashley met with an owl-like move of his head, burying the ball with precision.

I'm not the manager but, unless Pietro's fit again, the team and shape used for the last 15 minutes was far more effective. Burgo got it spot on in the end and, in that formation, the lads looked unstoppable.

Edited by Swifty

1. A good result
  2. Two very well taken goals
  3. Three points

Not a majestic performance, but then we have played teams off the park this year and come away with nothing. So, i will take the positives out of the game and hope we do the same at Hayes.

Well done to all involved.

Thanks Rowan. Glad to see St Neots ticking along nicely.

Hopefully you will go up as champs, we will have a late run and finish in the top ten and we can all have a knees up on the last day of the season. :D