Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixture of the night ...

Max Power

Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls get yourself down to Whitehall Lane Arena for the biggest fixture of the night between South Park FC and Epsom & Ewell.

Both teams looking to bounce back from two consecutives league losses ...

See you all later, it'll be a cracker - I guarantee it ...

Epsom really need the points so they will be up for it. Are South Park now coasting to the seasons end ?

Now ain't that true E&E Ed ! It will be down to who wants it more........remember South Park are the new kids on the block in CCL Prem to they will want to finish as high as possible to enforce their very good season.

Sometimes it will be down to who wants it more. However, sometimes it will be down to who plays the better football. You always have to try and find an angle when there isn't one.

This will be a very tough game for us followed by Hanworth Villa and Molesey in the next few days. If we get anything from those three they will be points gained.

After that though seven of our remaining ten games will be against sides down there with us. Arguably there is now no pressure on our next three matches, although I should point out that we have already beaten South Park and Molesey and drawn with Hanworth Villa this season.

Did we want those games more than the opposition? I wouldn't insult those clubs by saying something as crass as that. You however probably will.

Well with my record of not seeing RPV win many games when I am there I take the responisbility for the defeat to CWU last night.

Game started lively but niggly with no one taking hold of the game.

CWU went a goal up after the RPV keeper decided against diving for a speculative shot and then the RPV defence decided to go for the "Bizarre Own Goal of the Season" award with a few awful attempts to clear before (from where I was standing at the other end of the pitch) smacking the ball against the [censored] of another RPV player for it to rebound into the net. (Happy to be corrected on what actually happened but that is what it looked like).

After that it was pretty much all RPV, with the only football being played by RPV, but with about 5 outstanding saves from the CWU keeper (my MOTM) the jammy upstarts from the other end of Merton scraped through with a very fortunate but hard fought win. (And they don't half moan).

Well with my record of not seeing RPV win many games when I am there I take the responisbility for the defeat to CWU last night.

Game started lively but niggly with no one taking hold of the game.

CWU went a goal up after the RPV keeper decided against diving for a speculative shot and then the RPV defence decided to go for the "Bizarre Own Goal of the Season" award with a few awful attempts to clear before (from where I was standing at the other end of the pitch) smacking the ball against the [censored] of another RPV player for it to rebound into the net. (Happy to be corrected on what actually happened but that is what it looked like).

After that it was pretty much all RPV, with the only football being played by RPV, but with about 5 outstanding saves from the CWU keeper (my MOTM) the jammy upstarts from the other end of Merton scraped through with a very fortunate but hard fought win. (And they don't half moan).

Blimey! I will come back to this later.

Vale v Wood Report - our take on It here

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/collierswoodunitedfc01/126383/Matches/report/3883001

Re Jertzee comments above

Read the report which would have read the same if we had lost!

http://www.clubwebsi.../report/3883001

Wouldn't disagree too much with that but obviously slanted to CWU.

Still go along with the point that virtually every CCL team I have seen at RPV plays the "pump it up to the fast black bloke(s)" tactical plan, with little desire to play the ball up the park.

http://www.clubwebsi.../report/3883001

Wouldn't disagree too much with that but obviously slanted to CWU.

Still go along with the point that virtually every CCL team I have seen at RPV plays the "pump it up to the fast black bloke(s)" tactical plan, with little desire to play the ball up the park.

Are you saying that Vale don't ever get the ball forward as quickly as possible?

I thought both sides tried to play on the deck whenever possible but were very direct more often than not.

Two hard working midfield denied space and time.

We have scored some fantastic team passing goals this season; levelled out by defending poorly at set pieces where we struggle.

Would agree Vale had 60% possession in the game but we played well first half and moved the ball well.

The main thing is we had a nice evening socially and it is good to see that a derby need not be the proverbial punch up on and off the field.

Now for some vital league points before we see you all again at Easter!

No comment, valuable win for Epsom though and worldy finish for their first goal.

Milesy thats 4 losses on the bounce whats happening ? Could it be that SP have settled for where they are and accept that they have had an excellent season ?

As expressed many times on other threads, could last nights game be a case that E&E needed the 3 points and more up for the game than SP who sit comfortable in the league and in theory have nothing to play for ?