Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A point gained or two lost ?

It will be interesting to hear from those who got across to Wealdstone today.

However, I would have settled for a point beforehand bearing in mind - 1) our 'injury crisis' 2) Wealdstone have been on a great run 3) our record there is not good, and more significantly 4) Craig picked up another manager of the month award ( which is always a curse)

The downside is that the Wealdstone Forum felt their team only turned up for 15 minutes, so they may have been there for the taking today.

Never mind - well done Town, as the great run continues

Tough question BP but on balance I'd say a point gained.

If you were going to make a list of stupid things to do at the start of a football game, presenting the ball to Richard Jolly ten yards out would be pretty high on that list, but to be fair we didn't panic and were able to get back on terms quickly with Glenn Poole turning up at the far post in loads of space and scoring at the second attempt. I though Wealdstone caused us a few problems in the first half, we struggled a bit in central midfield and they looked lively down our left. We had to head off the line twice to keep the scores level although we were very unlucky not to score when a great overhead kick by Jay May hit the bar and came back out.

I thought we dominated possession in the second half and if anyone was going to take all three points it would be us, but we didn't really test their keeper enough. I think over the 90 minutes we were slightly the better side but a draw there is still not a bad result. MoTM for me today was H who looked dangerous going forwards and is now working much harder going the other way too.

I suppose it's a shame that the other two won, but really we've just got to worry about ourselves. I saw Horsham won today and with their (latest) new manager in place I expect a tougher game next week than the one we had at their place. In an ideal world I'd like to see us bring in a striker for the run-in but whether we can work that I don't know.

Thought we were slightly off it in the first half but much better in the second. Hopefully we'll get back to winning next week. Come on you Blues!!

T'was a hard game to look at from behind their goal but as mentioned we need a striker ASAP. what we had was a deliberating attempt and was never ever going to upset the keeper the over head kick was a plus but that was it (imo)

A point away we would have taken for the last few games prior to those games so it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Agree also that H was MOTM and of course Courtney once again ran his socks off.

Keep plugging away lad's it's yours for the taking.

COYB

A point gained for me always a tough place to go even more so with the run they are having,As for us 1 defeat in 9 since the turn of the year is a fantastic effort.

This time ish last year we went to Wealdstone needing a win to cling on to the play off places this year we are top in March so no complaints here.

Well done fella's

An even first half I thought with both sides have good chances, we controlled the second half, Dale rarely having to get out of his deck chair, but we, like many others, were unable to grab a winner.

Wealdstone are a very good side, they have lost less games than Hornchurch, Lowestoft, Bury, etc. They haverecently beaten Dartford and Cambridge.

A point gained !

Best of luck to Wealdstone in the Trophy.

A decent point gained against a hard to beat side. Bit of a blow not having our top scorer and captain available but Halle came in and had a decent game. 'H' was a threat but the final ball and crosses from both flanks let us down. Could've done with Junior coming off the bench for last 15/20 minutes. Was expecting a partisan home crowd but barely a peep all game. Keep it going lads, 10 games from glory.

After watching Wealdstone at home and seeing their form since I looked on this as definitely a point gained. Listening to reports we were the better side and deserved to win but of all the games left this one looked the most difficult to me so I was very pleased when I heard the result.

A run of games at the lower end now so COYB