Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cameron comes under fire!

In an Open Letter to David Cameron the Prime Minister has come under heavy criticism over the indecision to outfit the two aircraft carriers under current construction which has seen costs spiral first from £2.4bn, then to £2.8bn now to reported claims of £7bn with independent forecasts of it rising, after modifications to actually carry real aircraft to £10bn.

Has anyone in this current government got a grip on this out of control project? Will anyone be brought to book for this insane cockup?

http://forbesblog.dailymail.co.uk/

Looks like the chickens are coming home to roost with the Conservatives getting a good spanking from Labour in the Local elections and surely as loud a message as any that it is beyond time that Cameron got a grip on Ministries which are letting him and the country down big time. Maybe heads will start to roll...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17920848

Looks like the chickens are coming home to roost with the Conservatives getting a good spanking from Labour in the Local elections and surely as loud a message as any that it is beyond time that Cameron got a grip on Ministries which are letting him and the country down big time. Maybe heads will start to roll...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-17920848

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-17920848

Nice to see the coalition getting a well deserved spanking, although the 32% turnout is worrying, as the majority are either no longer interested, or just feel so disenfranchised they feel there's no-one left worth voting for. Ken Livingstone was IMO a p1ss poor choice as candidate for London Mayor, although I ended up voting for him on the basis that anyone's better than Boris, and I thought he had the best chance of unseating him.

Probably best for the country if both major parties thought seriously about new leaders who can inspire, although its difficult to see who the Tories could choose, apart from maybe Dave Davis, who at least occasionally gives the impression of belonging to the human race.

I see that Cameron and the Raving Looney Right Party have shot themselves in the foot again by doing a U-Turn on a decision first made criticising the Labour Party with the Raving Conservatives (and a Ministry we can't name here due to sensitive natures however the report below is very scathing and names names) wasting another £40m of our money. A drop in the ocean some might say of what is being wasted!

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-05-10/mod-wasted-40m-of-your-money-after-jet-u-turn/

Maybe 'Call-Me-Dave' should JUMP before he is CATAPAULTED !!

:bolt:

Well JR apparently Defence Secretary Philip "Call Me An Abject Failure" Hammond has admitted this afternoon that the total cost of this fiasco will likely be £100m.

Now Defence Secretary Phil "Call me Profligate" Hammond is being forced to examine how his government is allowing the public to be fleeced for RAF air to air refuelling to the tune of 3 times over the odds - another £100m - you can see how this starts to add up to the billions overspent our Ministry Which Cannot be Named is.

On top of this the people responsible are taking strike action because they feel they deserve a raise and increased pensions.

Will the buck stop with Cameron?

http://www.telegraph...end-claims.html

Edited by Loose

Now credit where it is due - Phil (Apparently now known as "Forensic Phil" to the squirming officials at the No-Name Ministry) Hammond has balanced their books for them and without describing quite how has eliminated a £38bn "Black Hole". Some of these figures to be hidden amongst scrapping the previous F35c Carrier variant which would save a billion and doing away with the famous Black Watch Regiment.

Squealing officials at the No-Name Ministry must be opening their veins whilst others are busy stabbing their staff in their backs!

Hmm...and who was it who signed up to these daft projects before they were kicked out of power?

Um...well it was the present government who caused the issue since they have now reverted to the original Labour governments plan. This embarrassing about face by the Conservatives thus saving the money they planned to overspend!

• 2 weeks later...

The Daily Mail have discovered how Phil "Call me a financial wiz" Hammond managed to "fill" the MoD £38bn Black hole and explains in a roundabout way how Cameron likes to give the ok to ordering some chinook helicopters which by the time they arrive won't have any soldiers to transport along with how the british taxpayer will be losing largely an effective standing army, navy and airforce because one of Cameron's think tanks has decided the UK taxpayers money is better spent in overseas subsidies persuading islamic extremists not to attack the UK.

It's almost like another world that we live in these days:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2148698/How-myth-MoDs-38bn-black-hole-helps-subsidise-India.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Loosely - You really are clutching at straws aren't you, surely you have far better things to do with your time on such a lovely day than sit at home on your laptop. Philip Hammond has worked miracles since replacing Liam Fox as Defence Secretary, he brings a whole new meaning to the term 'old school' and accounts for every single penny of the Defence budget:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/may/14/philip-hammond-defence-secretary

The Daily Mail have discovered how Phil "Call me a financial wiz" Hammond managed to "fill" the MoD £38bn Black hole and explains in a roundabout way how Cameron likes to give the ok to ordering some chinook helicopters which by the time they arrive won't have any soldiers to transport along with how the british taxpayer will be losing largely an effective standing army, navy and airforce because one of Cameron's think tanks has decided the UK taxpayers money is better spent in overseas subsidies persuading islamic extremists not to attack the UK.

It's almost like another world that we live in these days:-

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

I think you'll find we do live in a different world these days. Cameron, quite rightly, slammed the EU over the Euro debacle, much to the annoyance of the majority of the members. Greece will probably get another cart-load of cash, partly from GB tax-payers.

And now, the EU have told us, yet again, we MUST give prisoners the vote in elections !

The sooner we tell the european money-wasters to go and take a hike, the better.

I'D LOVE ANOTHER EURO REFERENDUM TOMORROW. ! Me-thinks the outcome would be brilliant.

Edited by Big J R

Sounds like a good deal to me JR, slam the EU, get the credit for being all big and hard and then still give them your money. Way to go Big Dave!!

Loosely - You really are clutching at straws aren't you, surely you have far better things to do with your time on such a lovely day than sit at home on your laptop. Philip Hammond has worked miracles since replacing Liam Fox as Defence Secretary, he brings a whole new meaning to the term 'old school' and accounts for every single penny of the Defence budget:

http://www.guardian....fence-secretary

Don't shoot the messenger Rhodesy, I mean we're all pleased that he is bringing the MoD kicking and screaming into the 21st century but can you really see the point in ordering equipment which by the time it arrives will have no servicemen to transport?

but can you really see the point in ordering equipment which by the time it arrives will have no servicemen to transport?

Loosely - Who says that there will be no Servicemen to transport, war can always break out at any time can't it

but can you really see the point in ordering equipment which by the time it arrives will have no servicemen to transport?

Loosely - Who says that there will be no Servicemen to transport, war can always break out at any time can't it

Yes, I'm beginning to see the problem here.

Rhodesy, if you have reduced the Standing British Army to a joke then there aren't enough soldiers to fight a war let alone fill the chinooks that they won't be there to fill. Christ, we have mental pygmies working in our MoD!!

Edited by Loose

Loosely - That's partly why we have the Reserve Forces, there will be more than sufficient cover in the future so I really don't know why you are making such a song and dance. I expect you are enjoying the weather this week up there on the North West coast.

Loosely - That's partly why we have the Reserve Forces, there will be more than sufficient cover in the future so I really don't know why you are making such a song and dance. I expect you are enjoying the weather this week up there on the North West coast.

I'm hardly shocked that you know nothing about the vicious cuts to our TA as well Rhodesy! You really couldn't make it up cudya?

The TA faces cuts reducing it to a third.... now, I sincerely hope that war that you mentioned coming up was with someone like Lichtenstein or Luxembourg....

I'm not on the North West coast Cliffy - keep struggling....

I'm not on the North West coast Cliffy - keep struggling....

Loosely - That's certainly what you would like us to believe, why were you in Southport then a couple of weeks ago