Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cameron comes under fire!

I could mention some places in South Wales which would do that as well, Loose, but as you suggest they aren't as bad as some places.

Having thought about it, a friend of mine knew somebody called Alex Mastin and he used to have the hots for a girl somewhere in the South Wales Valleys, and I am sure that she had her own place before age 16 as she had her first child aged 13.  

I will do some research into this.  Alan may well be right in what he is saying about girls legally not being obliged to have a home until they are 16, but if this law has been flouted by councils in the past (or indeed in the present) then it is worth further investigation.  Perhaps these were special cases (violence/drugs) but I can only go on what I've been told.  If, in the end, I've been fed bullcrap then I've been fed bullcrap and life will go on the same.

And lovely to see you as well Smudge.

What was that programme on ITV a few years ago, when a number of lads were given National Service 1950s style?

I wonder if a modern version of National Service (or Community Work) would work?

Wasn't it, 'Get Some In'  ?

Tony Selby starring as the NCO in charge of  R.A.F. National Service sprogs, if memory serves !

This one.

A snippet from YouTube.

http://uk.ask.com/youtube?q='Get+Some+In'&v=WeZE7-9LomY&qsrc=472

Edited by Big J R

I think Dennis Waterman did some narration in the series...

I think Dennis Waterman did some narration in the series...

You mean the reality TV show, Adam.

Yes - Dennis Waterman narrated for  'Lad's Army'

http://uk.ask.com/youtube?q=Lads+Army+%2B+You+Tube&v=5oaDqmJlQyg&qsrc=472

Edited by Big J R

Tony Selby was dreadful in that. 

Here's a dilemma for you. How would you feel if your child and you were made to keep her/him at the school they are being abused at or have at the very least made allegations of abuse against them?

Well the MoD feel it is okay, in fact they are forcing children who may have been abused to stay where they may continue to be abused:-

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/4971/mod-policy-on-claims-of-child-sex-abuse-at-schools-stuns-mps

It's a MAD MAD MoD world!

Edited by Loose

Absolutely disgusting, and I believe that a similar story was mentioned on the UK Column recently.

This needs investigating and those guilty of crimes need throwing in jail.

Absolutely disgusting, and I believe that a similar story was mentioned on the UK Column recently.

This needs investigating and those guilty of crimes need throwing in jail.

I agree, cross party MPs are aghast too however the MoD appears to be a law unto itself.

I see that David Cameron has flown off on holiday to Ibiza with his family without a care in the World leaving total mayhem behind, it's 'criminal' isn't it!

• 3 months later...

I read that despite MoD employees being banned from using the service that they ran up another huge bill for £40,000 dialling the speaking clock!

Rumours abound that they are upping their new intake requirements to staff that can actually read the time from a clock or watch face?

What about you Rhodesly? Got the time to comment just for a change or will you run shy from this one too?!!

Incredible, what a shower!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23814934

MODlatestBlunders_zps339efef3.jpg

Much as I dislike quoting the Mail this picture of the headline speaks louder than words, it says it all. 

How can you "lose" £1.5 BILLION when the rest of the country are facing job losses, higher taxes, higher costs for food, heating, housing, well, just living?

Where are the answers going to come from? Not from anyone here it looks like. Run and keep hiding Rhodes...

Full article here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415116/Ministry-Defence-lost-1-5billion-years-Germans-tax-wrong-weapons-ammo.html

What a Shower of useless sh ites.

• 4 months later...

Time for another update on the Ministry of Defence sorry Shame as yet another of it's projects goes over budget and woefully late. It really does look like these wasters couldn't run a p1ss up in an offy doesn't it?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mod-is-squandering-millions-on-flawed-computer-system-that-is-hampering-recruitment-9057412.html

Another £50 million about to be poured down the drain...

Same good old Tory short-sighted government.

Spend loads on rubbish and totally ignore spending money where it is really needed !!

HEALTH:

EDUCATION.....

.....to name but just two !

Edited by Big J R

Large IT Projects are difficult to control at the best of times, even with the correct people running them. Now I'm not accusing anyone of backhanders in terms of the tendering of these projects but it does make you suspicious that the best people are not involved.

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh news of yet another balls up by those people from the Ministry of Defence sorry, Shame who bought us other such total fck ups like "We ordered the wrong planes/aircraft carriers/computers" and while getting rid of 30,000 troops, planes and warships in desperate bids to save money bringing criticism from our buddies the yanks saying that the UK can no longer be considered a "Full Ally" we ask ourselves what should those wasters in the civil service be doing to cut costs?

Certainly not ordering the wrong type of pistols surely? Oh yes. 6,000 Sig Sauer handguns bought only to be junked in favour of Austrian Glock pistols.

Perhaps Cameron should be looking elsewhere to save money - such as benching the wasters at the civil service who couldn't organise a street party in the East End…..?

As someone who 'knows a bit about fire-arms', I find it impossible to believe HMG ever ordered Sig Sauer hand guns in the first place.

Glock pistols are superb, possibly the best in the world for their size, weight and fire-power capacity.  Many English police forces use them as their side-arms.

Edited by Big J R