Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Vs Dunstable..... the replay

fatboyatmfc

3-0 AET , Bits x2 pens and Super Dan marathon man

A tight game again against an excellent Dunstable team who i am sure are dead certs to get promotion from their division.

everybody did their bit again today ,

TOTAL TEAM WORK

again its really hard to give a Man Of Match, which sums up our lads.

WELL DONE EVERYONE :D

A really good result and fantastic to progress in the FA Cup. Dunstable will get promotion if this is their typically play.

The report on the Dunstable website is remarkably balanced and generous given it must have been written only hours after a huge disappointment for them. As well as more praise for our pitch and a nice mention of those picturesque fuel tanks, there was a bit of an odd comment about the clubhouse which the author thought was not as homely as when they last visited in about 7 years ago.

Okay, who was in the clubhouse last night who wasn't there when Dunstable last visited? Did they make it less homely? :D

Tough game by the sound of it, a good win, and some much needed money in the coffers. That's two more rounds negotiated than last season.

Credit Dunstable they look a good side had most of the play and their number 10 looks absolute quality...

That said apart from the brilliant goal line clearance in the first couple of minutes that went up onto the bar and away Macca didn't have a real save to make until the second period of extra time by which time we were out of sight...

There keeper had to make three top quality saves, the one from Bits in the second half was truly brilliant, the best I have seen this season and woudl be amongst the saves of any season....

The Pens shortly into ET were both "stick ons" and Bits tucked them away calmly.. Dan neatly tucked away a 3rd in the second period of ET to sent us into round 2....

As to the homely feel of the clubhouse, Pipeman may have been commenting on the fact that the leather sofas we used to have are gone. I suppose they went to Godalming!

Its strange because i wouldnt swap our clubhouse with Dunstable's. Which is nice but very modern and to use Jacks Dads phrase "a bit Leisure centre" . However, i would swap the roof!

A high intensity game for virtually the whole two hours. Even at three down Dunstable heads never went down and as many have already said, it will take a good side to beat them for promotion to this level next season.

As to ourselves, everyone played as if their lives depended upon it and it was an absorbing game to watch. We possibly shaded the first half in terms of possession, Dunstable definitely did in the second period but without over troubling Macca, whose handling was immaculate throughout. Special well done to Mark for taking his penalties so well but for me Dan Brown was our man of the match, although just about anyone could take the accolade. His running was superb all evening and his goal at the death a fitting reward.

Paul now has to get the team playing with the same purpose in the FA Trophy on Saturday at Walton Cauals, who had a useful 4-3 win away at Worthing last night, a place we never did very well at.

On "refwatch" it was probably not an easy match to control, not because of any dirty play but the sheer pace of it with two teams determined not to be beaten. Two bookings for us, for Scott Weight and Kofi, both following fouls, the latter possibly a little harsh. Dunstable had one or two more than that, possibly for dissent in some cases. There didn't seem to be too much argument about the two penalties that effectively decided the match and although there were plenty of decisions that we queried as they happened, my verdict this morning is that Mr. Piggott did not do a bad job. I am aware that some will hold a different view.

Ello Ello Ello.....

No offence Kev, but walls have ears............which is why i never eat their sausages :lol:

Eh what did I say cant remember?? PM me, cheers

Cheers folks, didn't give that one much thought :o

err....its not the club. Its me...... I admit it :D

If people are of the opinion that i shouldn't edit such information, then i will stop doing it. Its just that i think you would be surprised as to how much surfing for information on players and clubs goes on even at our level.

This is an unofficial forum and you are entitled to post whatever you want, with no restrictions from the club (unlike St Neots!). I just think why give any of the oppos anything to feed on. Happy to hear your opinions.......and if i dont like them ;) :ph34r:

Archived