Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tannoy (wo)man needed if AFC Hayes goes ahead...

Swifty

No surprise it's off as is my planned trip down the Bristol to see Exeter today :(

Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law and wishing a speedy recovery

Ashford Town Res v Southall on Monday cant see this game happening aswell.

Or Burnham away on Tuesday night, looks like fixture backlog could be getting quite serious with that decision last week looking even more ridiculous now :wacko:

It doesn't help that fixtures have to completed by a set date due to the play-offs. Leagues a step or two down the pyramid are likely to allow extensions well into May.

Goodness knows what'll happen if we have weather like this next season or aftwerwards, when certain divisions, including ours, are extended to 24 teams. There are already whispers that the Isthmian League are thinking about scrapping their league cup to make it easier to (re-)schedule midweek fixtures. Maybe the Southern League will consider doing the same?

Maybe we'll trim back the number of cups we enter next year to ease our league campaign? I've enjoyed the Aldershot Senior Cup but maybe it's time to wave goodbye to it, and I was surprised we re-entered the Southern Combination Cup after the Battle of Chessington and Hook some years back.

PS- update on sis-in law...she had her op this morning, a steel pin inserted just above her left ankle which will need to stay in for good.

Our current division next season is staying at 22 clubs. It is only the three Ryman divisions plus the Premier Divisions of the Northern Prem and the Southern League that are being increased to 24 clubs and good luck to them if we have another bad winter.

As to the supplementary cups, I understand what Eddie is saying but being in the two finals last year really enhanced our season in my view, especially playing at Aldershot. It's just a gamble really.

My mistake, i didn't realise our division was staying at 22 clubs next season. What threw me was that the Southern League website currrently only highlights the bottom teams in the Central and South & West Divisions, instead of the bottom two as in previous seasons, so I assumed the divisions were expanding.

Archived