Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor v Guernsey - 1st April - FREE Entry to all

Rother

It's not an April Fools joke Fairfranco ! We do one or two games a year with free entry to thank our loyal supporters and try to attract new blood but we also tie it in with a charitable cause which this time round is our current charity partner the Alexander Devine Children's Hospice Service who are raising funds to build a brand new kids hospice in East Berkshire and also fund nurses for home visits for children with life shortening illnesses so the only thing anyone will be asked to pay for on the day are programmes, food & drink and, more importantly, whatever you can afford to put in the charity collection buckets for what I'm sure you'll agree is a very worthwhile cause ?

The 1pm kick off should also mean other local CCL supporters can get two games in that day with most other games kicking off at 11.00/11.30 as you don't mind missing a few minutes if you're not paying to get in !

I might also add that if anyone is thinking of making a day of it in Windsor there is also a Monster Truck show at Windsor Racecourse that day with the gates opening at 3.00pm so it could round off a nice family day out !

Looking ahead somewhat I'm now trying to organise one for the start of next season for Help for Heroes and I'm hoping that both the Windsor-based regiments will get involved and bring along personnel and equipment for all the kids [big and small!] to have a play with - watch this space !

• 3 weeks later...

just back from spennymoor so will not make it in person

but in spirit we will be there, well done windsor

how do we make a remote contribution to a very worth while cause

having five daughters in our immediate family one with a terminal illness, respite care, nursing support is a must

Hi Queues, you can make a donation directly on the Alexander Devine website: http://www.alexanderdevine.org/ they'll definitely appreciate it

Hi Geggy

thanks for that all done

i hope all goes well tomorrow and windsor raise loads for what are obviously great people and a great charity

Hi,

Had a great day at Windsor, lovely club and brilliant pitch : )

How much did you make for the charity in the end?

We are still waiting to hear what was raised.

Just want to confirm what Guernsey Wag says above.....

Windsor are a club going in the right direction, not only in respect of their play on the pitch but their community spirit; -superb people, a great pitch and the two girls in the kitchen cooked up a superb sausage stew. Wishing you well with everything you do, both now and in the future and I do hope the hospice made a decent amount of money from the donations.

Thank you for a top away day

We are still waiting to hear what was raised.

I was told on the day there was @ 500 attendance for this game and have to admit it looked it morwe with the good atmosphere generated. Even if everyone put in £1.00 thats £500.00 for the Charity of Day so hopefully, the amount will be more for a great cause.

Regarding the pitch, I have to admit with others its the best pitch I've seen this season and that the pitch looked in brilliant condition, which as I said before, assisted Guernsey in their game play, with slick passing and movement.

Mal, Windsor Sec or Rother, is Ian Gould your groundsman full time ? If so, I can understand why the Windsor pitch is so good.