Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Match Fixing Claim

What a load of old tosh

Just seen your Twitter exchange with Alan Alger this morning, confirming what I said above (love the hashtag!).

Bookies sell their Betting products for their own benefit; employees, sharehoders etc.. They are not a public service. If the only way they can make non-league betting a "saleable" product is by colluding with the FA to impose draconian rules on the volunteers and part-time players that make our level of football possible, then they have no place in our game.

#getgamblingout

Bookmakers do want to control betting on all sports. However, this is apparently a lot more than a few people winning money over time in our league. I say people, i mean fans/punters.

A couple of fivers from Hornchurch fans to beat chelmsford wouldnt bring out a league statement in any case there was probably more money from mugs on Chelmsford at 1/5 fielded by them.. I dont really think Mr Alger is that clued up on betting as his tissues this season show, hes a PR bloke after all but hes probably right here.

Well done Eastside. You've provoked Alan Alger into posting on the Chelmo Soapbox. Think he's feeling a bit aggrieved at his name being drawn into it all, which is a bit ironic if you're a fan of one of the three Essex clubs that have been named for no reason.

Well done Eastside. You've provoked Alan Alger into posting on the Chelmo Soapbox. Think he's feeling a bit aggrieved at his name being drawn into it all, which is a bit ironic if you're a fan of one of the three Essex clubs that have been named for no reason.

But he was one of those commentators that started commenting on the subject. This guy has a column in the NLP which, appears to surround itself with self serving idiots like him who talk garbage about the game. And then go bleating when they have been caught out and shown up for the idiots they are by the supporters of the clubs they comment on in their column.

Edited by GazzaBTFC