Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rolf Harris

Loosely – Yes we know about that, the great man has already explained that he didn’t have the faintest idea where he was at the time and hadn’t even heard of Cambridge, presumably he was just picked up from his home or hotel and driven or bussed there for the tv show hosted by Michael Aspel.

Its more likely the dirty old pervert was telling whopping great porky pies.

Loosely – Yes we know about that, the great man has already explained that he didn’t have the faintest idea where he was at the time and hadn’t even heard of Cambridge, presumably he was just picked up from his home or hotel and driven or bussed there for the tv show hosted by Michael Aspel.

Not having that Rhodesy. Even the most backward of Aussie Okkers would have heard of Cambridge, even if it's only through the Uni.

• 4 weeks later...

I see he's likely to lose his CBE and has already been stripped of his BAFTA Fellowship. His shame is complete.

I just hope that the culture that found this sort of thing acceptable has gone forever.

It's just a shame that if Rolf knew he was guilty that he still made people testify which must have been a traumatic experience for the victims.

I have to admit to being surprised and await the sentence with interest.

Any bets on how long he'll get ??

Many many years ago, Harris visited our daughters primary school, and along with many other kids there drew them each a quick signed sketch for 50p, which went to charity.

I wonder if those sketches have increased in value now ?

I read in the Times today that Australia are going through 'De-Rolf-ication', taking down his paintings and sketches from galleries and museums, plaques to the formerly 'great man' in a frantic effort to hide their shame at the infamous sons crimes.

............ and just think  !!!!

He painted H.M. Queen Elizabeths picture.

SENTENCED TO  5 YEARS AND  9 MONTHS TOTAL  ON ALL THE GUILTY VERDICTS

He'll only do half in Prison and the rest on Parole. He's gotten off very lightly considering the lives he's destroyed. No doubt his age has given the judge the opportunity to go soft. 

Undoubtably, his age would be a factor in sentencing, AND the fact that his family have stuck by him and his wife is very ill.

Had he pleaded guilty from the outset, I'm sure he would only have got around three years.

HOWEVER  -  Latest news reports say that his victims are already lodging MASSIVE compensation claims.  I know he can afford it, but would they have lodged such large claims if he'd just been Joe Bloggs from down the road ?

Edited by Big J R

Undoubtably, his age would be a factor in sentencing, AND the fact that his family have stuck by him and his wife is very ill.

Had he pleaded guilty from the outset, I'm sure he would only have got around three years.

i

HOWEVER  -  Latest news reports say that his victims are already lodging MASSIVE compensation claims.  I know he can afford it, but would they have lodged such large claims if he'd just been Joe Bloggs from down the road ?

Harris has not only put the victims through horrendous assaults but also because he plead Not Guilty has put many through having to give evidence. I'm not a fan of the Compensation Culture but then I have no understanding of what they've been through. If a Civil Court awards damages who are we to pass judgement on them?

As a side note I regularly get cold calls, emails, even texts from these vultures trying to get me to claim compo for an accident where someone crashed into the back of my car 4 years ago! It was an accident, I wasn't injured and yet that doesn't seem to matter!

He's gotten off very lightly considering the lives he's destroyed

Aren't you exaggerating, he hasn't exactly destroyed lives has he and it was all carried out between 1968 and 1986 when a bit of slap and tickle was still seen as the norm wasn't it

The problem is, Rolf Harris can be punished for this now according to the law, but it seems he was happy to make other people's lives difficult and accept the consequences. The people whose lives have been affected still have a life to live out and have already spent years knowing what had happened, and there are many others that have had their lives affected by people who have committed other similar crimes. Even money won't make these people feel any better.

The problem is, Rolf Harris can be punished for this now according to the law, but it seems he was happy to make other people's lives difficult and accept the consequences. The people whose lives have been affected still have a life to live out and have already spent years knowing what had happened, and there are many others that have had their lives affected by people who have committed other similar crimes. Even money won't make these people feel any better.

Maybe they'll get some satisfaction knowing that any money Harris had or intended leaving to his daughter Bindi won't be his anymore to enjoy or leave. 

Ruining their lives while he put on a different face in public kind of makes you feel that he didn't really deserve all that success, that he wasn't really the jovial, eccentric wacko that he made us all believe, kind of poetic justice really because he obtained that fortune under false pretences.

Ruin his name, ruin his life as well, no less than he deserves.

Aren't you exaggerating, he hasn't exactly destroyed lives has he and it was all carried out between 1968 and 1986 when a bit of slap and tickle was still seen as the norm wasn't it

Slap and tickle Rhodesy? You make it sound like a scene from a Carry On film. We are talking about the abuse of children in some cases here, not Sid James pinching Babs Windsor's bum! 

I believe his daughters friend was only 8 when he commenced 'grooming' her.

I don't know how true it is, but one newspaper report says that Harris stood back, stretched his arms out and 'smirked' as the Judge gave out the sentences.

Maybe he really is a nasty piece of filth that should have got at least 10 years.

Edited by Big J R

Every article I've read states that Harris has shown no remorse but what is he supposed to do, presumably following the verdict the Judge said 'take him down' and he was frogmarched to prison to serve his harsh sentence.

I have to admit that having now read all the evidence that has been published, my opinion of him has turned round 100%.

Just shows you can't judge a book........